• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017

Airing on February 26 at 8 PM ET/PT on VH1, the stand-alone documentary displays World of Wonder's documentary skills as it captures the emotions surrounding the extraordinary experience. From the combination of hope and anxiety of the early days to creative challenges prepping and executing the show, the docu displays shows the resilience of Drag Race as it found ways to safely produce the show.

Probably more interesting, tbh, than the outcome of Season 13.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I mean.....

with the bombastic music behind Rosé during the audition and then Denali singing "a capella" without any background music, it's the production straight up saying "fuck you Denali, we don't want you here"

*shrugs.

I am very glad Utica got the part she wants and deserves but I am rooting for Denali this episode, if she lands on the bttm 2 I hope she serves one iconic lipsynch and sends a bitch home

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Kandy thinks anyone who isn't Foghorn Leghorn is "forgettable."

Rose has been way more forgettable to me than Denali. Remember when there was that thing about having a bunch of New York girls on because they were strong and it made for a lively show - I feel like that's gone sour this season as I'm finding Rose/Kandy/Tina a very off-putting energy. Olivia must come from an alternate reality NY.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Rose didn't get Janned lol. I don't think Tina deserved the low placement at all and I don't mind the lipsync results since I thought both did a great job.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
After the judges praised Kandy last week despite her not doing that good in the challenge at all, you can't tell me this isn't favoritism at this point. She was as messy in that lipsync as she was in the challenge, which she was dragged for.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
LOL

It really feels like the producers no longer care about the fix not being obvious.

That was not a double shantay caliber lipsync. The producers want her in it until the end (which, to be fair, she's great TV), but they could have orchestrated that better. It took me out of the episode.

Also, that was the worst Rusical, imo.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Kandy is really mad in Untucked. She really thinks she did great. I mean, come on, I'm all for confidence, but this is bordering on delusion.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Trying not to be overly negative, but between the heavy handed production and now four elimination free episodes, I'm getting pretty bored. Pretty jarring to realize that at this point in Season 8, Derrick Barry was eliminated and only four queens were left.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, the preview of Snatch Game and Mik looks exactly like Paris Hilton.

A couple of cool and potentially funny choices overall. Have to see how it goes.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did Kandy do this week to deserve that? Nothing was up to standard. Keep that mediocrity going for the drama I guess. Some girls actually deserve it yet they gotta keep stringing Kandy along.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh I guess I can't deny that Kandy's lipsinc wasn't too bad, but I truly don't understand why Ru thinks she's special enough to keep her in, she's mediocre in most challenges.

I guess it just goes to show how far being loud and obnoxious can get you 🙄

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I was so happy when Kandy was going home. At least they weren't hiding they were giving her another chance vs saying she was an equal with Symone in the lip sync.

Nov 2, 2017
This season's never going to end...

8 episodes, 4 queens gone home. At this point I feel like I'm just watching this season out of obligation.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
What's wrong with four non eliminations episodes?

The show isn't all about eliminations, just appreciate that we get to know the queens more time.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Rosé did a great job, as well as the russian bots, Gottmik and Denali. I'm just confused as why they used the communist flag to represent the russian bots, but alright.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't think Rose did well enough to win lmao. Idk maybe it's because I really can't stand her 🤷‍♀️

Also don't even talk to me anymore lmao I am so over the fact that Kandy didn't get eliminated. She was awful this episode and has been mediocre at best. Truly the Silky of this season.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Rosé did a great job, as well as the russian bots, Gottmik and Denali. I'm just confused as why they used the communist flag to represent the russian bots, but alright.

It was a measure of how bored I was by the Rusical that I was saying to my friend 'why are they using the Soviet flag? That's not the Russian flag' and 'They could do with a bit more compression on the vocals'.

I actually thought Kandy's lip-sync was decent and I did think there might be a double chantay because there's always one, but... that was the most irritating manufactured gag. I do wish it had been Kandy and Tina in the bottom though with at least one of them going

Was kinda hoping for a Demali win just to put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I fast forwarded through most of it, but that musical still felt loooooooong.

Elliott daring to say Tina's version of the taxi look was dated when she's wearing yet another shoulder-padded Designing Women jacket. Tina's was the usual costumey camp but I liked the hair on her and preferred it to Elliott's take. I was underwhelmed by Symone's runway, it felt reminiscent in style or presentation as her previous looks.

The double save was fair I suppose - not that either did a particularly mindblowing lipsync but Symone or Kandy going before Utica or Elliott? I don't see it. Symone until this week has been the main front runner and Kandy is obviously staying to the end too being the focal presence she is in the cast. So if they were going to pull a double shantay, this would be the two to pull it on.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was Elliot even in this episode?

Also, not that there was any doubt, but this episode just cements UK's Drag Race's superiority.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The musical was ok but the Russian part was extremely cringe, especially the Soviet flag like really shows whoever wrote it knows nothing about Russia except Russia = bad.

Can't believe they kept Kandy, I turned it off. At least we already know one of the top 3 this season x

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I must be in the minority, but I quite enjoyed the Rusical this time out. Compared to that boring-ass discomentary thing a couple episodes, which truly felt like it lasted 15 minutes, this was much more engaging. I thought this was all-around one of the more fun episodes of this season (which has been pretty weak overall to be fair).

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Tina didn't deserve to be in the Bottom, even if she fluked the end. I thought she was Top, she carried the entire thing. I would have put Eliott in the bottom instead.

Happy to see Rosé finally getting her win.

Oct 22, 2020
This season's batch of queens strikes me as a more amateurish bunch than the average Drag Race season, and it's bothering me.

I mean, looking at the roster and their ages, it's not really a younger group than normal. But the level of polish and professionalism seems pretty low overall. I don't get the sense that very many of these queens have a fully developed concept for their drag.

Not a lotta queens in this bunch that I'd bother to see in person. Which makes it so perplexing that Ru is keeping them all around for so damn long.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
What's wrong with four non eliminations episodes?

The show isn't all about eliminations, just appreciate that we get to know the queens more time.

It's a competition, it needs to have stakes. One or two episodes without an elimination, fine, but if you only air one episode a week and you're 8 weeks in and 50% of the episodes have had no eliminations, it's going to start getting tiring.

Also, this is the pretty much the absolute last season in drag race herstory where I'd like to get to know the queens more than I already do. It's a deeply lacklustre batch, there's no chemistry amongst the cast, the challenges are crap and the production is as obnoxiously heavy-handed as it's ever been. I'm tapping out and am just going to stick with the much superior UK version and then come back for All Stars 6.

The regular US show is eating its own tail at this point and season 12 is looking worryingly like a lucky blip sandwiched between the two worst seasons of the show.