• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but...
IMO Utica and Elliott should have been lipsynching. That performance was abysmal, moreso than LaLaRi

EDIT: Symone should have won. Tina has the nerve to talk about someone's look when she's been out here with the same orange tinged hair for several episodes....

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
They were pushing really hard to give Kandy that high, huh? She was safe as fuck tonight. She did look gorgeous on the runway, though.

Really happy for Olivia, thought she did incredible tonight with a tough role to tackle too. To be honest, I was leaning a bit more towards Symone, but either one of them winning tonight was correct in my book.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
The praise they gave Kandy this week is up there for me with the most wtf I've ever felt on this show.

She sat there with no energy whatsoever, didn't say anything funny, I don't get it.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
watching RuPaul saying to symone "one of the most beautiful runways ever on the show" only to reward Olivia's shitty Punky Brewster look (using Kandy's exact same wig from the sewing challenge btw) with the win is the gag of the episode. Also, way to throw Utica under the bus by taking away the role that was practically conceived for her.

I am unbothered that they will keep Kandy safe til the end. It's not like I am her fan but she is doing her job: giving producers the TV they need by being loud and opinionated. In this regard, Tamisha will be missed.

I wished all other queens stepped up their pussy in terms of being louder and taking center stage. Rose and Denali, for instance, are better drag queens than Kandy but they are also kinda flat in terms of confessionals and showmanship.

like, if untucked is "the kandy muse show" that's because the rest of the queens is allowing it, I think they haven't gotten the memo that you HAVE to, you know, talk, be loud, outspoken, funny, DO SOMETHING.

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're really pushing the winner's circle, aren't they? What's the goal, do a full Jan spirit-breaking on the whole B team?

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Symone is the winner for me.

Kandy looked great in the runway, but her performance was meh.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Agree with the general sentiment that Kandy didn't deserve the top. Would much rather see Denali or Rosé there. Utica cementing herself as a fashion queen. She should really listen and go for the super model angle that the judges want from her.

I'm not up to date with the Elliott situation outside the show, but that lip synch was a serve.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I wish this wasn't another dance challenge next week. We got what, 3 of those already?

watching RuPaul saying to symone "one of the most beautiful runways ever on the show" only to reward Olivia's shitty Punky Brewster look (using Kandy's exact same wig from the sewing challenge btw) with the win is the gag of the episode.

It's not the same wig, the queens confirmed it. Olivia is just really unlucky bringing similar stuff from other queens to the show

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was surprised Eliott won the lipsync, I had assumed that Utica was saved from the bottom two because a La La Ri lipsync win was in the bag.

Symone keeps on gagging me on the runway, couldn't agree more with Ru, she looked stunning. The judges seemed more amazed by Kandy's performance than I thought she did, but I can't say she didn't look amazing on the runway too. I liked Eliotts dress, but didn't like the rest of the look - her waist wasn't cinched enough to create that pleasing shape, the platinum blonde wig washed out her face except for those panda eyes which were too much. But I liked the dress lol. Everything else on the runway, meh. Fun challenge, less cringe than usual.

watching RuPaul saying to symone "one of the most beautiful runways ever on the show" only to reward Olivia's shitty Punky Brewster look (using Kandy's exact same wig from the sewing challenge btw) with the win is the gag of the episode.
I know it's not always consistent, but I think this win illustrated again the challenge is more important than the runway.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didn't get the love for Kandy in the challenge either. To be honest though, I thought the whole challenge was pretty awful, I never really laughed at any of it. Improv is so hard to do well, and drag queens always seem to have a couple go-to strategies when they don't know where to go. Credit to Olivia for legit trying something with her character that goes beyond what you'd expect from this challenge on Drag Race. Her win was deserved for that alone

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best lipsyncs we've had in a while, good to give the queens something a bit sultry than they can work with. Thought it was pretty even between the two but it was Lala's time to go. Can't really speak to whether Utica should have been bottom over Elott though as I skipper Elliott/Tinas bit as it looked like it was gonna be a cringe fest

Symone, Utica and Kandy all killed it with their run way looks

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm just a dumdum because for the life of me I do not see what the judges see in Kandy. Being loud isn't funny.

Bottom three were spot on, and dayum can Elliott dance. Would be hard to go up against that for any queen, I think she's safer than we realize based on assassin skills alone even if she's struggling in every other area.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
In Untucked when they went to the 4 queens sat outside, I had a little giggle because they looked like half the cast of some off-brand 90s fighting game like Fighter's History or one of the ADK Neo Geo titles. Tina Burner, I just can't with that look... with every look!

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I know it's not always consistent, but I think this win illustrated again the challenge is more important than the runway.

problem is, Symone was probably the only mildly funny thing in an otherwise very cringy episode and her runway was sickening.

Symone is the closest we are gonna get to a Naomi Campbell in its drag variation. She is a stunning supermodel, she can walk on that runway wearing her grandma's sweater and people will buy it cause she will sell it.

Olivia makes faces, uses an altered version of Kandy's already meh wig, puts on some hideous dollar-tree skirt and shirt, and it's "congratulations Olivia! you won the challenge!"?

hell no.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that future queens think about backup outfits a little more, particularly for less-than-original-but-still-high-concept looks (ex. Beads -> Mardi Gras and [UKS2 spoiler here]). I know that they're given strict requirements on how much they can bring, but when you see another queen in the werk room push a similar angle on something you're about to walk with, you need to make it your own. Doesn't help that none of the three Madri Gras looks were really that great, at least Eliott had a time period twist on it and Tina had two reveals (the first one making the outfit weaker IMO). Maybe it was just LaLa's time to go.

Rose was PRESSED when Ru said she was safe. Girl has zero poker face and it only gets funnier each time it happens.

When it comes to the winner, Symone was robbed. That look was beautiful and took the theme to new heights. Oliva's look was very cute, but didn't sell the theme and I don't think her mime character was the biggest risk, but whatever. I guess the challenge really matters more than runway.

Editors must be cutting all the stuff where Tina and Kandy are interesting, because what they are showing is grating. Neither know how to pad/proportionize well and their reads were weak (good luck on Snatch Game, girls :/ ). Kandy's look this week could have been a winner if she learned how to pad and didn't hide behind that giant stole. These two are making me wish for a season of Drag Race that purposely excludes NYC girls. I get it, the NYC girls are strong in a lot of fundamental ways, but the cliquey vibe they tend to engage in is unappealing and, worse, they never really grow during the season.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
I actually warmed to Kandy this episode.
Both this and the last she's been less obnoxious for sure, I feel like Tamisha got through to her.
Admittedly it still seems like the Kandy show ft producer questions but I don't mind so much. Her going over to Elliott was nice

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was suspicious of Kandy going to check in on Elliott but it did seem genuine. I'm interested to see how she is with her next episode though after Elliott won the lipsync (raises eyebrow.)

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favourite things about this show is starting to be the pissed off faces they pull when they're told they're safe.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
See, now I'm mad that all this shit is coming out about Elliot, because let me tell you...

THAT lip sync?

She did that.

Was NOT expecting all that moxie from Elliot. She ate that stage up.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017

new pit stop with Trixie and Bianca,

I am enjoying these so much, Trixie is a great host (we all knew but still)

EDIT: OMMMGGGG!!! is Bianca such a troll?? she says she can't wait to kick Trixie's ass in an "all winners" season! :O

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I never really laugh out loud with the improv challenges, because they haven't been as funny as Ginger's season where there was truly enough comedy queens to make it interesting (bar the one and only Bob). Kandy's performance was...ehhh when compared to everyone else, even Utica. It just felt very bland and one note, which yes apparently that was her way of interpreting the judges feedback, it still however felt stiff.

Speaking of Utica, man I feel for her. She clearly wanted the mime part and as soon as they were reading the script I instantly thought of her due to quirky history but also her facial expression range. She also knew her strengths, and while many say "go for the risk to show growth," it never works out because that risk is typically your weakness and you need proper preparation for it to succeed. The girl is fucking talented, and I am so glad that judges are finally seeing her for who she is instead of labelling her kooky and leaving it at that. She's been robbed way too many times in comparison to other queens looks on the stage, especially when you see actual designer talent that screams imagination. Everyone else is just wearing labels and Utica is making her own damn labels.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I also enjoy the bob/monet channel. It's nice to hace all these winners talking about the current season

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Personally I thought Utica's runway was a mess this week. My first was reaction was 'Girl, take a couple of things off'
Maybe it was the blood or the rose or something, but it was so all over the place I questioned her taste level.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Rose should have been in the top instead of Kandy. Symone should have won (for both her performance and for her excellent runway).

At this point Kandy is clearly getting pushed to top 4, feels like it's going to be Symone, Olivia, Kandy, Mik? The biggest question mark so far is Rose, she's had a good showing so far but teetering on the edge of finally getting pushed to the upper tier with a win or having a bad week and going home.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I liked Utica's look but it didn't scream beads to me, it felt like they were an afterthought rather than the main piece.

Love that Olivia won, deserved. Can't believe Kandy was in the top lol. Go on girl give us nothing. You can already see top 3 written on her face.

Most entertaining episode so far I think.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
What was funny to me about the judges on Kandy is how Ross said "You called me a bitch 30 seconds in" as a compliment and the edit clearly showed she called him a bitch because she couldn't think of anything else. She literally paused to think and came up with "You bitch". Which isn't really good improv skills.

I mean, come on, I like Kandy, but this wasn't it.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried to stay positive on this season, but this episode was rough for me. Maybe the improv premises just sucked, but there wasn't a single performance that I would call better than "good".

Symone was one of the strongest in both the challenge and the runway, and I would have given her the win. I would have put someone else in the top over Kandy. Heck, I don't even know if Olivia really deserved to be there, but it's hard to pick out who else should have been.

The lipsync was stellar though, the runways were generally strong, and I appreciated the unexpected turn of Elliott opening up to Tina. Those moments helped to redeem what would have been an otherwise tepid episode.

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
What was funny to me about the judges on Kandy is how Ross said "You called me a bitch 30 seconds in" as a compliment and the edit clearly showed she called him a bitch because she couldn't think of anything else. She literally paused to think and came up with "You bitch". Which isn't really good improv skills.

I mean, come on, I like Kandy, but this wasn't it.
Exactly lol, she was so lost and missed so many opportunities to give a funny comeback, yet they were impressed that she was so quick on her feet... Just insane. Either Kandy was bad and the judging was awful, or Kandy was great and the editing was awful.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be 100% honest... I keep forgetting Rosé and Denali are in this competition. They just aren't memorable at all

I think Tina's runway was the worst. If it was just the the last two it would've been fine, but the opening garment just ruined it, just like last week. I actually really liked Olivia's runway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel like Mik should've been in the bottom over Utica. At least I smiled at Utica's performance, Mik gave me absolutely nothing.

The fix is definitely in for Kandy, she should've been safe at most not in the top. Kandy should've ate during this challenge, but much like Mik she served me absolutely nothing.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
I'm going to be 100% honest... I keep forgetting Rosé and Denali are in this competition. They just aren't memorable at all
I think you could see both of them have the realization that they weren't going to make it far this season during this episode (maybe it was the untucked). Like they both had their best outfit and put on a strong performance (not my favorite, I thought it was trite) but only got a middling response.

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020

I think Tina's runway was the worst. If it was just the the last two it would've been fine, but the opening garment just ruined it, just like last week. I actually really liked Olivia's runway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel like Mik should've been in the bottom over Utica. At least I smiled at Utica's performance, Mik gave me absolutely nothing.

The fix is definitely in for Kandy, she should've been safe at most not in the top. Kandy should've ate during this challenge, but much like Mik she served me absolutely nothing.

That's weird because I think Denali and Rose were the only slightly funny ones. All the other stuff was just tiresome cringe (not the queens fault of course). These improv challenges are always trash tho.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the story line for at least one of Rosé and Denali (More likely Rosé.) ends up being a come up rather than just wallowing in being passed over leading into an uneventful elimination.

Let's be honest, on almost any season of Drag Race you have to get through several obvious filler queen eliminations before the competition becomes interesting. I love Tamisha to death, but none of the eliminations so far have been the least bit surprising. Elliott is on borrowed time and unless something changes with Utica she's on the block, too. They really don't need filler queen / underdog edits for Denali and Rosé when this season is already feeling rather long in the tooth.

I don't want to wait for four other queens to go home for the competition to feel like it's heating up. I'm not one to blame everything on production, but you have to wonder if they were off the mark this season about who was going to resonate with the fans. The push for Gottmik and Kandy is pretty obvious, but they just don't seem to be having the impact they expected.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I liked Utica's look but it didn't scream beads to me, it felt like they were an afterthought rather than the main piece.
I felt the same way, until I saw a close up in one of the youtube reviews of the outfit, where it shows there were a lot more actual beads attached to the fabric of the dress itself. Sadly that did not show up on TV at all, unlike the pearl strands.

I also miss Bob, but Bianca did help make that recap funnier than normal. (Sorry Trixie!)

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing says "breakout star" quite like having a disclaimer before every episode all season basically saying "I don't know her."