• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNgamers

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I found every episode entertaining and fun so far. Then again I don't take it all too seriously. It's comfort food for me and this last Episode didn't disappoint!

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The challenge was boring and I was annoyed at all these bitches not knowing a thing about disco (I assume Tamisha did but we didn't see her in Ru's workroom walkaround.)

Tina's crafty red/orange/yellow costume, yawn. Elliotts "classy" look was not, it was full on cheap, tacky 90s. Gotmik gave me less body positivity and more zero effort. I also don't really like how she paints her mouth every time - I just see Ceasar Romero as the Joker. Kandy in the same thing Aja did on her season. It was all so blah.

The critiques of Utica were spot on in terms of her one note campy nervous performances and hard to read runway. I love creative, kooky minds but she always tries to squeeze too many ideas in to each look which like Loni Love said doesn't communicate clearly to the audience. She said it was Audrey Hepburn, but then pointed to her ear rings - how were the judges and audience supposed to get that?

The best bit was Tamisha being 100% class on her exit.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
U.K. version still more entertaining than this one. But for the love of Christ dont next time run them together.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I too was a little annoyed at the lack of Disco knowledge.

I mean, I get that the Disco era was 50 years ago, but it's such an iconic Queer era, with influences that still persist to this day in pop/queer culture. Nobody's expecting you to know what song was topping the charts in February of 1975, but really? Give us nothing?

Also, I...agree with the Utica critiques this week. I mean, there's no denying the girl's talent and fashion, but it's something Ru said that was spot on, that sometimes you can take camp and caricature too far to the point that it becomes a mockery, which is not what "camp" is. I agreed with that, and in a sense Utica reminds me of Milk in that way. Like, you're trying to be different and unique in your approach, but it sometimes lacks focus.

Totally agreed with Olivia Lux's win this week. I didn't really place much stock in her at the start, and she's not doing anything revolutionary on the runway. But she's consistently good, and sweet and kind, and she nailed the spirit of the challenge. Oh, and her WIGS. I'll give her that; homegirl has some of the best wigs ever on this show. And somebody said she makes them herself? Work.

I'm going to miss Tamisha Iman. I didn't see her winning, but I felt her presence on the show was so important at a time when Drag Race seems to be further removed from "traditional" drag. Tamisha is an actual LEGEND, Mother of a LEGENDARY House. Her just being on the show gave Drag Race a legitimacy that I think was starting to slip away from it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the seeds are already being sowed for Tamisha in an All Stars season, it's what she deserves.

Mik was so awful at the dancing, but her runway look was creative (if very typical for her) so safe seems fair. I think if Rosé had a killer dress she could've been in a shot at the top like she wanted, her dancing was pretty good. Glad Olivia is getting recognition, I see her getting all the way to the end.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sad to see Tamisha go, but she walked out as proud as any eliminated Ru girl has ever been. Seeing her smile in Untucked when she turned the corner off the stage was magical.

Honestly, it's maybe for the best. Tamisha is leaving with a powerful legacy and endless love from the fanbase. The alternative is for her to keep pushing herself, risking injury or potentially bombing a challenge. I'd have loved to see her make it to the top, but powering through a hard challenge and then getting let go with mild criticisms is still a really good ending for her arc.

Holy shit, Tamisha has been doing all this with an ostomy bag

This is also insanely impressive. My main criticism of her third outfit from last week was that she wasn't cinched, which seemed like an odd oversight for her to make. But it makes a lot more sense knowing what she was dealing with while competing.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
The ostomy bag explains why she was so timid and reserved with the girls. Also explains why she always seemed to stiff when she danced. I really hope she comes back for a regular season instead of All Stars.

Also, I think it's ridiculous that Michelle read Joey after just 3 episodes but hasn't said a thing about Tina's repetitive color scheme and crunchy make up.

Oct 25, 2017
Olivia Lux was the star of that episode by far. Amazing performance, and both the disco and runway looks were stellar.

I think Tina Burner deserved to be in the top for that performance, but god damn I am sick of that color scheme. Would have revoked that top spot for the runway

Really sad to see Tamisha Iman get eliminated. Easily my favorite of them all, even if I knew she was never gonna win But her exit, just a class act. Coming off extensive chemo and wearing a damn ostomy bag and still performing at that level is very impressive. Hope we can see her again when she's healthier.

Last edited:

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This season so far hasn't really clicked with me. I don't really love any of these queens and there's no real standout for me to win. The UK season on the other hand has much more interesting personalities and talent, I love them all and I'm sad when any of them leaves.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
really now

Enough with the "UK 2 IS SO MUCH BETTER!" y'all.

go to that thread if you want to talk about that

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
i think Olivia Lux is really sweet, but I really don't get why everyone is so gaga over her? It's like... meh. Her little black dress look was basic af, and so was Gotmick's - done to death and done better.

britney.gif

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
i think Olivia Lux is really sweet, but I really don't get why everyone is so gaga over her? It's like... meh. Her little black dress look was basic af, and so was Gotmick's - done to death and done better.

britney.gif
She's a cute boy and she's also just very sincere. Sometimes it doesn't take more than that. It helps that she has some talent to back herself up too.

Gottmik...yeah I'm over her. Production is going to push her through to the end and I'm bored.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Also, lets dispel the notion that "The Edit" is 100% to blame for the reception some of these contestants get.

I rewatched the last episode, and while you can definitely see the hand of the producers at work...I was surprised by how much Kandy, Gottmik and Tina are playing into being the villains of the season. Do what you gotta do to get that screen time, but I don't think it's working for them (mostly because I just don't think they're as talented as some of the other cliques we've seen on the show).

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017

Some things can be blamed on the edit, but at the end of the day, if the words left your lips, then you "said what you said."

That's true but of course the editors are ultimately in control of what we see and how a queen is perceived. Kandy said what she said but there might be footage of Kandy being funny and supportive that we haven't seen and had they shown that instead of the more arrogant parts and if they had toned down her tantrum we might be talking about bitchy Tamisha attacking messy but sweet Kandy who for no good reason.
Never underestimate the power of editing, let's not forget that apparently Kandy didn't go after Elliott for no reason, we just weren't shown Elliott's alleged racial microaggressions.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
I also saw a livestream with Kandy and Nicky Doll, when Kandy talked about some micro aggressions that Elliot did to her, but at that same time, Elliot was in a live with Alexis, Coco and Kahanna and was explaining some of those "micro aggressions". I'm lost at this point, if anyone could post here the link to the real tea I would appreciate.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
NBB stepped in it, too. Everyone dragging her all over Twitter for her transphobic comment in her newest review video.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I read that instagram thing and I am so social media illiterate that I still don't understand what is going on. It just looks like people tweeted some insensitive things and blocked each other?

- What were the "microaggressions" specifically? Did they take place during the show or on social media?
- How does Elliott's behavior in any way excuse Kandy's abusiveness?

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I read that instagram thing and I am so social media illiterate that I still don't understand what is going on. It just looks like people tweeted some insensitive things and blocked each other?

- What were the "microaggressions" specifically? Did they take place during the show or on social media?
- How does Elliott's behavior in any way excuse Kandy's abusiveness?

Microaggressions are inadvertant, subtle or sly comments with racial or bigoted undertones. Many of these are a... streeeettttcchhhhhh. Particularly the Trump hotel post. That's just straight up petty behavior by the fans. And that comment about the Rue21 ad was not a microaggression unless I'm missing some context.

But deadnaming and shaming Jenner or commenting that no one want the black Barbies are clear examples of classic microaggressions.

I thought I read it here, but the things I remember from Reddit that she did behind the scenes were: comment on Black Girl Magic and how it was "aggressive." And make sly comments about Symone's long do-rag behind her back.

They're microaggressions. None of these things are big on their own, but it does provide some context to Kandy's behavior.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
They're microaggressions. None of these things are big on their own, but it does provide some context to Kandy's behavior.

I think the whole culture and history of drag queens shading each other and not being politically correct complicates perceptions on this front... I understand that it's done as a form of respect/play, but the show's format encourages sass and whatnot and there seem to be double standards at play, at the very least... since what I saw from Kandy was more than micro in its aggressiveness (and if it was in response to something specific Elliott did, it was passive aggressive to attack others and not call out Elliott directly).

There are definite lines that can't be crossed, for sure (deadnaming in 2021 would be pretty dire), but I have seen enough of the toxic nature of this show's fandom that I can't help but want to see more before I join in any calls for deplatforming.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I do agree that if Kandy really wanted to call out Elliott's alleged microaggressions, saying "Read the room" multiple times and refusing to elaborate while Elliott stares around confused is not a productive way to do it. It doesn't educate, it doesn't inform. All it does is make Elliott feel like an unwelcome outsider.

This, of course, doesn't excuse Elliott's deadnaming posts or her harmful word choice when talking about her black peers. Draq queens have a history of being shady, but they also have a history of being the vanguard of social progress and champions for the persecuted. She needs a serious talking to about those issues, and I hope that her sisters have given it to her.

I do agree with Jeremy: I don't think anything we've seen from Elliott has been full on hard-cancelling worthy. I think she is/was stupid and ignorant, particularly 5-8 years ago when she was making those posts (and apparently she's still dumb enough to not scrub her feed and think about what sort of messages she wants to carry forward when she becomes a public figure). I also totally believe that she could have some annoying, insensitive behaviors in person, and Kandy was clearly bothered by it.

I don't think she's malicious though. I think she's just awkward and dumb.

From my perspective, I think that Kandy knows that too. She knows Elliott was awkward, and that's why she told him to "Read the room" and not "Elliott, I'm not sure if you know this, but the way you described my drag is insensitive." Because Kandy thought Elliott was annoying and wanted to bully and shun her a bit, not help Elliott grow as a person or have a meaningful discussion about race.

But when Kandy started getting blowback for the fight with Tamisha, the narrative shifted. Elliott wasn't just annoying and ignorant with her word choice; she was an aggressor now. And Kandy, by her account, was just trying to reach out to her sister all along and pull him back from the pit of racism. In Kandy's own vague, aloof, hostile, othering sort of way. "Elliott, I think you need more self awareness. wags finger"

TL;DR: Elliott's dumb, awkward, and needs her word choice around sensitive social topics updated to modern standards by her peers. Kandy's stoking the flames against Elliott to play the victim and take the heat off herself. imo ofc

Also, I think it was posted earlier, but Elliott had an apology message from a couple weeks back for the way she described Symone. I don't know if it's the best apology I've ever read, but I think it's emotionally sincere.

Last edited:

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I find this season very meh, to be quite honest. To only one i really like is Utica, and i cant stand the Mean Girls, would love to see all 3 of them go as soon as possible, but want probably happen...

Oct 22, 2020
Never a good sign when there's this much activity in a Drag Race thread this early in the week.

Anyways, I'm rewatching a bunch of old seasons, and am now on AS3 because I'm through all the good seasons.

Morgan McMichaels proclaiming as loudly as possible that she intended to send home the strongest queen on the chopping block if she won a lip sync - only to get axed for that very reason by DeLa in the first episode - is truly one of the most hilarious self-owns in the history of this franchise.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love Olivia and her performance this week, I'm really surprised Symone didn't get the win.

Also, I easily would've put Denali high over Kandy.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I'm usually not one for conspiracies, but the fix is in for Kandy at this point. Give me a break, her improv performance was not even remotely good. Maybe the judges saw more footage that the editors eventually cut?

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Kandy did literally nothing in the challenge and she's praised for it.... wtf... Might be the most bizarre judging I've seen on this show. And I've been a big fan of Kandy up to this point.