• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
very salty that this wasn't the double win of the season.

last week it should have been Raja'h by herself.

I am probably still too hyped and time will tell but from the point when Trinity ups her tempo til the end, the lipsynch is for me personally above those popular "double wins" like Tati/alyssa or Ivy/Brooklyn.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Poor Silky 😅 https://gifyu.com/image/Afrz

I didn't like her on S11 and I was not happy to see her on AS. Not just because of her personality (which btw. does not justify all the hate and death threats she got). I just don't think she is polished enough. So I was happy to see her go. I also think it was too early for her to go on AS. She clearly needs to recover/grow a little more.

The commercials were great. I think every group did a good job. Ru should've judged them individually. All the praise for Kylie and Scarlet felt forced. But I agree with Silky in the bottom and I'm happy the group chose the right queen to go.

mypixelfriend

Jan 7, 2019
I want to add that even though I'm stanning Ra'jah's 'glow-up', I don't feel that her rudemption equates to having to go on some apology tour for her Season 11 self, and something about the idea that Rajah is 'doing it right' while Silky isn't, sounds and feels a bit problematic, for want of a better word.

And as far as Silky's concerned even though I do feel sorry for her based on this episode, I am side-eying her for those allegations.

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
That was an interesting episode

However I will say

Jessica Motherfucking Wild - icon. I hope she's on all stars

Last edited:

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
EPISODE 4

COME ON BUDGET! Finally a real stage in the Rusical instead of the runway.

Again, none of them did that bad. Jan and Trinity were the only standouts, the other queens did a similar job, it was a hard week to judge.

It would be so iconic if Jan lost again, I think she deserved it but it would be so funny. I think she would turn into Joker and kill all the queens or something.

She has been kinda robbed this season imo.

Jessica Wild is back! She did so good on the LSFYL. Womanizer as lipsync song... it was weird that the lipsync lasted like 50 seconds but ok.

Good season.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Jan's Womaniser lipsync was so embarrassing to watch. What on earth was she trying to do there?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
She came off as simultaneously deranged and robotic. It's not the easiest song to dance to as it has an unconventional beat but it was a total misfire.
Yeah, I don't see why her immediate reaction to "Womanizer" was "Let's make it funny!". Like, not every song fits a campy performance, and then you also need your comedic timing to be impeccable. Not everyone is BenDeLaCreme. Rosé did the same thing with If U Seek Amy and I was equally confused, but Jan was even worse.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was surprised Jan won tbh, but I guess she was full on energy which is what they want. During the lipsync, I got the impression she was almost trying to do what Pandora was doing in her talent show, subconsciously maybe but it looked like the same thing to me.

Eureka's runway look was really unflattering to me, her make-up mainly which was surprising as I always think she looks put together and polished usually.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
This was fun and having a real stage to perform on really helped sell the challenge. Nobody did poorly but I agree with the bottom 2. I'm sad to see Yara go and I think the other queens absolutely wanted to get rid of a strong competitor because I just don't see Akeria going any further.

Also, pandora's editing was really weird during untucked. The camera kept cutting to her face like she was about to go off or break down.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy Jan won but I was confused why the group chose Yara, I thought Akeria was weaker than her. It looked like Jan grabbed Akeria's lipstick.

I'm really happy that Jan won but her lip synch was weird, I didn't hate it but this wasn't the right song to try to be funny.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Good episode, I think Yara's bottom placement was deserved, she looked so incredibly bored. Not that the queens are incorrect for wanting to send her home because she didn't plead her case but I also get where she's coming from and can understand why she wouldn't want to. I would've picked her just because she was the weakest out of everyone.

I thought that was a very hard episode to judge though. Especially having to pick a bottom 3.

That lip sync….. loved to see Jessica Wild, dreams of a golden child. 💛
But yeah Jan what were you doing hun. That wasn't funny it was just painful, and womanizer isn't even a funny song I'm so confused. I at first thought she was gonna slay as she's the dancer but…??????

Also, pandora's editing was really weird during untucked. The camera kept cutting to her face like she was about to go off or break down.

We don't get Untucked in the UK, has it been worth it this season?

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a pretty boring episode tbh, wasn't a big fan of the maxi challenge.

I'm surprised Ginger wasn't in the bottom two, but then to be fair to her I don't really think Fergie has anything instantly recognisable about her like everybody else who took part.

That lip sinc was really bizarre, whether it be Jan's facial expressions or the shoddy editing of the song.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm happy Jan won but I was confused why the group chose Yara, I thought Akeria was weaker than her. It looked like Jan grabbed Akeria's lipstick.
I think the editing made it pretty clear that a lot of the other queens thought that Yara wasn't making her case enough and Akeria did. Yara's whole thing about not begging, well that's one way of looking at it, but it also gets you sent home, so. Akeria was bottom 2 last week also, so maybe if Yara had pleaded her case more she'd have had a better chance of staying?

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I am NOT looking forward to the "twist".

it's going to be a waste of time and space and it won't amount to anything. It will just delay everything.

if winners and losers do lipsynch battles, or maybe something where the outcome would be " we had a this top 7, but now the top 7 is composed of 4 non-eliminated and 3 previously eliminated queens" then I'd support it. somethings that changes the boardgame drastically.

if they are going to do an episode for 7 eliminated queens to decide which ONE of them comes back, then fuck that, a complete waste of time.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Trinity bodied that challenge and now I extra wish Jan won the ball (sorry Ra'Jah!) because Trinity should have taken this one.

Ginger is bringing absolutely nothing to the table and her somehow escaping the bottom really annoyed me. We're 4 episodes in and she's only been noteworthy in 1.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Trinity should have won, sorry Jan.

Scarlet casually chatting in The Werk Room dressed in the shark costume was so damn funny. Another good performance from her with a beautiful runway, cannot believe she's been SAFE every episode.

The crossed fins. 😭

Oct 22, 2020
Jan? Really?

TKB absolutely slayed and It's wild that they went with Jan over her. And then of course Jan blew chunks in the lip sync.

Jan's kind of a repackaged Miz Cracker - same aggressively try-hard personality, but less funny and a better dancer. But still kinda the same shtick IMO.

I was somewhat puzzled Jan was picked as an All-Star in the first place, but hey, if Serena ChaCha is an All-Star, I guess just about anyone qualifies.

Trinity should have won, sorry Jan.

Scarlet casually chatting in The Werk Room dressed in the shark costume was so damn funny. Another good performance from her with a beautiful runway, cannot believe she's been SAFE every episode.

The crossed fins. 😭

I unapologetically love Scarlet.

I mean, I'm probably one of the few that kinda already loved her in S11; her delusion was mostly benign and kind of charming.

And now that she actually seems to have grown up quite a lot, I find her completely delightful.

Oct 22, 2020
I love Scarlet too. One of the only queens from her season I follow 😝
I'm from Columbus so I'm a pretty big Nina West stan, but yeah, from S11 it's mainly Nina and Scarlet that I like a lot.

I kinda enjoy Shuga but don't think she's a super great entertainer, and both Brooke Lynn and Yvie kinda rubbed me the wrong way even though I recognize both are super talented.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I think the editing made it pretty clear that a lot of the other queens thought that Yara wasn't making her case enough and Akeria did. Yara's whole thing about not begging, well that's one way of looking at it, but it also gets you sent home, so. Akeria was bottom 2 last week also, so maybe if Yara had pleaded her case more she'd have had a better chance of staying?
But I completely agree with Yara, why beg? They've all been there since the first episode, they've seen what both Yara and Akeria have done and are capable of, and the top and bottom queens heard the judges critiques and can relay them to the safe queens, they have all the relevant information they need to make a decision. Weeping and saying "I really want this, I have so much more to show, blablabla" means nothing to me, those are all stock phrases.

Of course this is also Yara's second time in the bottom and voting for her either because the queens think she's weaker or because they think she's stronger and want to get rid of her because of that (which is a valid tactic that I don't mind) is fine but then use that reasoning. "Akeria wants it more" is an excuse the group uses because they don't want to be seen as the bad guys.

Yara did have her talk with Jan and unlike the group Jan picked Akeria so you're probably right that the group might have picked Akeria too if Yara had done the producer mandated begging hour ... I still don't like that.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
That's a dumb reason to have someone stay or not… especially when Jiggly begged far more than Yara on episode 2 and still got sent the fuck home. So it's dumb. Good on Yara for not doing it (again).

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Trinity broke the Beyonce curse, and rightfully so. That performance was everything.

This season has me constantly amazed at who gets centered and who doesn't. Scarlet Envy, to put it bluntly, has GAGGED. ME. EVERY. RUNWAY. (but y'all know me, I will always go up for the Pageant Queens). Her runways are hands down my favorite.

Jan wasn't bad. But I honestly felt her win was more for the narrative than anything.

AKERIA!!!! GURL!!! I wasn't Akeria's biggest fan on her season. But that runway??? My goodness, I don't understand how she was in the bottom.

Ginger Minj...I dunno. Queens who actually know and have worked with her speak highly of her. But, I think I'm falling into the camp of people who just don't think Drag Race is her format.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's so much Yara didn't plead a case as much as she is often obnoxious and the group is exhausted with her, this is her second bottom and she flat out didn't do a good lip sync. As much as I'm liking Ginger, bottom two should have been her and Yara.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I literally thought Jan was bottom two. Trinity earned that win imo. The season continues to be really entertaining though--Jessica motherfucking Wild! Really sorry to see Yara go over A'keiria who's almost as boring as Jan.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mystified that Eureka was in the top. Apart from the outfit, it couldn't have been less Madonna.

Jan delivered, though. As they said, everything a Gaga stan would expect and/or demand was there in spades.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When trinity finished I was sure she had won and Jan would lose again. I really think they just gave Jan the win because they wanted to give her a win

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's so much Yara didn't plead a case as much as she is often obnoxious and the group is exhausted with her, this is her second bottom and she flat out didn't do a good lip sync. As much as I'm liking Ginger, bottom two should have been her and Yara.

I came here to say this, they probably were all glad to get rid of Yara because she's a lot, and I imagine she's probably a little annoying to have around, whereas I think most of them like Akeria.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
But I completely agree with Yara, why beg? They've all been there since the first episode, they've seen what both Yara and Akeria have done and are capable of, and the top and bottom queens heard the judges critiques and can relay them to the safe queens, they have all the relevant information they need to make a decision. Weeping and saying "I really want this, I have so much more to show, blablabla" means nothing to me, those are all stock phrases.
I agree, I'm just saying what their thought process was according to what they said.

We don't get Untucked in the UK, has it been worth it this season?
You're not missing much. imo Untucked is redunant on All Stars since we have a slice of it on the main episode any way.

Oct 22, 2020
Yara's ass got sent home because she made it known to everyone that her strategy was to send to the strongest queen in the bottom home if she won the lip sync. That's a surefire way to get the other queens to go Murder on the Orient Express on your ass. For that reason I was kinda shocked that the queens sent Jiggly home instead of her in Ep 2, but in any case, she was doomed.

Last edited:

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
This season is giving me more All Stars feelings than some previous seasons. When the cast was announced, I was not expecting that. I love this season so far. Loved seeing Jessica Wild again. I needed a few seconds to understand who I am looking at. I'm glad she is doing great and her lipsynch was a great fit to the song. Can't say the same about Jan. Two seconds ago she was the winner of the week, when she startet to lipsync, she was just a filler queen who didn't deserve to stand there. That was an instant drop in quality. Not just because of her lipsynch but also her hair, costume and make-up. I'm glad she didn't win the 20k.

I was hoping that Jan would win a challenge just so she doesn't get her feelings hurt even more. But as a fan of the Show I was never a fan of Jan. Pushing hard doesn't prove you have C.U.N.T. The minute I heard about the main challenge I knew, they would force a Jan win. Although I was hoping for her to win a challenge, this was not where she deserved it. It wasn't Gaga on the stage. I just saw Jan dramatically trying to do all the moves Gaga would do. Successful or not, it felt forced and not organic.
TKB on the other hand was robbed. She was Beyoncé on that stage. The best Beyoncé we saw on Drag Race. I don't know if she would've been as successful if she had to talk like her on snatch game, but performing on the stage.. yes gawd. She proved what she said to Bianca back in Season 6.

I agreed with the bottom 2 though. I think Ginger was saved by her runway look. Otherwise it could've been a bottom 3 situation. Yara is an all star. She proved that again this season. I don't think she needs to show more. And I don't think she has the strength to win the crown. So it was a good time for her to leave the competition. It might've been the second time in the bottom for Akeria, but at least she could profit from more exposure and show/grow even more. So I'm glad she survived another week.

About the preview for next week, I'm gonna guess the next lipsynch assassin will be
Shannel

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I really didn't agree with Akeria or Yara being in the bottom. I would have chosen Pandora and Minj. Akeria's runway look was stunning, and Yara was far from the worst. I think Yara made a mistake by not listening to the choreographer when he was showing her Shakira moves. It was disrespectful. I think that's why she was in the bottom.

I thought Trinity deserved the win. Jan was OK, but nothing special. Personally, I don't think she's much of a dancer. To be honest, she's kinda boring. I am really not a fan of Pandora. If you're too old to do the high kicks, at least have stage presence, the laughs, something.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I like Pandora but she always looks nervous and unsure, especially on the runway line-up, when they call her name out she's got "oh shit, I'm for the chop!" written all over her face. Even if she's not in the bottom, it's like she never believes in herself.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Trinity was robbed for sure. I mean, as much as I dislike Jan, I will admit she was really great in the challenge, but Trinity KILLED it. They definitely just gave it to Jan for the storyline.

Oct 27, 2017
Solid episode. The musicals usually my least favorite main challenges, but the girls brought a lot of personality to it. Good performances all around, no real stinkers. The bottom two deserved to be there not because they were bad but based on how good their competition was. Speaking of...

Trinity would have won this if her runway look was stronger. I forget which judge said it, but while that pageant dress was pretty, it doesn't really compete with what some of the other queens were wearing. The days of "classic" pageant designs winning challenges are behind us unless it's a quirky queen doing something wildly different (for them / their character). This really wasn't new for Trinity, so... yeah. No win there.

I am NOT looking forward to the "twist".

it's going to be a waste of time and space and it won't amount to anything. It will just delay everything.

if winners and losers do lipsynch battles, or maybe something where the outcome would be " we had a this top 7, but now the top 7 is composed of 4 non-eliminated and 3 previously eliminated queens" then I'd support it. somethings that changes the boardgame drastically.

if they are going to do an episode for 7 eliminated queens to decide which ONE of them comes back, then fuck that, a complete waste of time.

Agreed. The "game within a game" needs to be a step up from the typical thing where all the girls sent home come back for a (very likely makeover) challenge and the winning returning queen gets to come back. There's nothing surprising about this "twist."

EDIT:

About the preview for next week, I'm gonna guess the next lipsynch assassin will be
Shannel
OOooooohhhh~! That would be awesome!

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the episode a lot. Jan deserved the win. It would have been TKB's win if her runway wasn't so underwhelming compared to the other girls. She looked great, but it definitely felt out of place among all the other outfits on display.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatched the performance and I feel like the tops should have been Akeria/Jan/TKB with Jan winning, and the bottoms Eureka/Yara/Ginger with Ginger being safe.

I'm rooting for Eureka Top 4 but she shouldn't have been in the Tops this week.