• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
Upset about 2nd eliminated, but I also can't really blame folks either.

Still sucks though.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Episode 1 Opinion

I really love the cast. The episode was good, but it feels rushed, the overall episode felt rushed because the cast is so huge. Reading challenge with only 2 reads per queen (except for Ginger lol), the entrances were quicker than usual and even the talent show acts were shorter (less confessionals).

Nothing that bad tho.

I guess that we can post open spoilers in this OT just like the others. I´ll use the spoiler tag this time to avoid misunderstoods.

Scarlet and Raja´h were my favorites in the talent show. Eureka did really well too. Not that Yara did bad, but I wouldn´t give the win to her.

Trinity BOMBED. She deserved to go home this week. I´m glad she stayed but that was something.

I wished that Serena stayed longer. I want to become a CHACHARINA.

I´ll come back for Ep 2.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Although Trinity fucked up her routine, I didn't really get Serena's performance.- she's all about wigs but didn't do anything with them on stage, so her gimmick, talent and catchphrases are really all just an ad for her wig styling business? It's enterprising I suppose, but not entertaining.

Rajah came through, she could've won it I think if there was more dialogue during the skit because everything else was right. I also actually liked Eureka's performance too. This is a good cast, right.

edit - I think I hate Ginger's taste level! On S7 I thought she had a polished look, but that entrance look was hideous and the performance outfit was ugly too, only saved by being on theme to the song. It all just recalls that horrible look she went home on AS2.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Good duo of episodes. It's a pretty good cast, mostly just really don't like how Yara has come off so far. Rajah is the early favorite, I think.

EP2:
Jiggly is basically Ongina in AS5 for me - really loved them on their original run, had a ton of potential with a big All Stars glow up a decade later but ended up being pretty disappointing.

Forgot there was Untucked too so i should get to that later.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Jan is doing far too much. I am already over her good god. But I also felt this way about her in Season 12 so lol.

This is shaping up to be more entertaining than I expected it to be, and I'm glad for it. Agreed that Ra'jah is a standout for me. Damn that lipsync. Also excited to see even more from Kylie.

For some reason... Ginger's paint is like god awful in these two episodes? You'd think she'd get better. I really liked her on S7, but yikes idk.

Also forgot about untucked. I guess I'll watch that at some point.

Ep2 spoiler
Sad to see Jiggly go, because I love her so much, but I guess it was the right choice out of the two. I would have put Silky in the bottom but that's just me.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Oop, haven't watched the episodes yet, but wanted to comment on the cast right before I did...

This might be my favorite All Stars cast next to AS2. I know people have been pretty down on it, but Kylie Sonique Love, Jiggly Caliente, Trinity K Bonet, and Yara Sofia are some of my favorite queens who I've been dying to see again.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
How the fuck does Yara still have that body?!

Pandora is not getting much time in the talking heads, I fear her time might be short. You know who she reminds me of in drag as she gets older, and this isn't shade, but the late Charles Pierce who was in Torch Song Trilogy. Just the eyes and bone structure/paint.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I was convinced Scarlet was going to be in the top on the second episode, she looked stunning in all her looks.

Ginger is weirdly disappointing so far.

Ra'jah is coming across well which is a nice surprise considering what she was like in S11.

Can't believe Jiggly is gone already :( I cursed it with my OT title.

I don't know if we're having open spoilers in here or not, I think we usually do in DR threads?

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I don't mind having the open spoilers. I just followed suit from the others, haha. In my mind, it made sense to have that buffer between pre-show chatter and now finally airing, maybe in case people didn't realize the episodes were already out or something idk!

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I don't mind having the open spoilers. I just followed suit from the others, haha. In my mind, it made sense to have that buffer between pre-show chatter and now finally airing, maybe in case people didn't realize the episodes were already out or something idk!
Yeah, that's why I didn't really want to go into any specifics in my posts. I feel like a lot of people may not have been aware the episodes dropped already, let alone that they were gonna drop two episodes. After this though open spoilers sound fine.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Episode 2

Finally a real ball in All Stars, it was time.

I was ready for binge watching all of the season today.

Come through Ra'jah! She's been killing it.

Kylie did really good, especially the denim look. It was so good.

Scarlet and Trinity were also standouts this week. I was shocked to no see either of them on the top.

How in the hell didn't Silky end up on the bottom with that look.

So sad to see Jiggly go so soon. I was really excited for her.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but Yara is rubbing me the wrong way. She annoys me ngl.

Bring on EP3.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's a bizarre one where the episodes airing at 3am US time means its going to be ~really fucking hard~ avoiding the winner this season for not just non-Americans but also you American folk.

Anyway I watched both episodes, I am very surprisingly impressed! After S13 I was coming into AS6 with tempered expectations, and I gotta say I loved the first two episodes - just seemed like a lot of pure drag race joy that I haven't been getting from US Drag Race in a while! I can't pinpoint exactly why, but even queens I was not a fan of like Ra'jah and Eureka were much more enjoyable these two episodes and even say I'm just loving everything they brung.

Even the 2nd Lip Sync was so much better than any of the AS5 Assassins lip syncs??? (I can't even remember any, either I have bad memory (i usually do) or they weren't memorable)

I don't know if I'm the only one, but Yara is rubbing me the wrong way. She annoys me ngl.

Her arrogance with no doing anything until everyone's finished so she can 'throw together a garment in 30 mins' because she's an amazing seamstress was just really off putting. I'm not gonna be surprised if multiple people voted for her. Other than that, she's been enjoyable to watch.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Rajah or Scarlet should have been in the top for the variety show, almost everyone else did a song or dance number. I think the right queen went home. Her drag certainly improved but I'm way more interested in what the other queen has to show.

The ball was fun but I think the bottom two were questionable. I was devastated by the queen who went home.

Both episodes had great lip syncs.

Two episodes in and AS6 is already better than AS5 and S13. The queens have great chemistry so far and they all seem to really enjoy being back. I hope it keeps up for the rest of the season.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
AS6 did remind me that I do really love Scarlet, hoping for a good run. I think my personal top 4 is Ra'jah, Scarlet, Kylie, Pandora.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wanted to see more of Jiggly but the judging was consistent and Yara did just come off winning ep1, so it all seems fair enough so far.

Trinity is bringing a little salt that reminds me of her defensiveness in S6 and I'm kind of enjoying it - it's still early days but there's a few queens in that room who could pop off when rubbed the wrong way. You see Silky giving the stink eye every now and again, the cogs working in her head. There's no way this season doesn't end without some kind of drama right?!

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I was convinced Scarlet was going to be in the top on the second episode, she looked stunning in all her looks.

Ginger is weirdly disappointing so far.

Ra'jah is coming across well which is a nice surprise considering what she was like in S11.

Can't believe Jiggly is gone already :( I cursed it with my OT title.

I don't know if we're having open spoilers in here or not, I think we usually do in DR threads?

I would have put Scarlet and Jan as Tops instead of Kylie Sonique and Eureka. Still happy for Ra'jah tho. Amazing lipsync too!

As for Ginger, her strenght are in comedy/acting. She'll be doing great next week for sure.

Sad to see Jiggly go. But then I guess there will be a comeback queen in a few weeks?

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
I love Yara but yeah she's coming across as a bit arrogant :(

I am liking this season way better than AS5. The fact that there isn't a huge obvious front runner like Shea does help!

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this is off to a great start. I mean, wish the second eliminated lasted longer, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Excited to see what the twist is going to be.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
6hw0zjjmh9771.jpg

That's on fucking period. Ra'jah O'hara supremacy.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Wonderful two episodes, this is the energy I love.

(Also Jan is still one of my fav trades and will be in my wet dreams tonight.)

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I like how there isn't a front runner and we've gone through most of the POWERHOUSE queens with AS already so now we're left with B tier bitches who are HUNGRY.
My queen Ra'Jah showing y'all her beauty and talent.
Hope the second elimination gets to come back. She was one who I was most excited to see return.

Also what the hell blood curse did Yara find herself in to keep that body for so goddamn long????

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Only seen the first episode but liking what I'm seeing so far.
On a regular Season I would have put money on it being TKB that goes home that ep, but this is AS so taking out Serena made sense... Also, why was Serena even in the bottom? Silky stumbled through the piano to the point where my musician friend went "Oh those are some spicy chord choic... oh, she can't play."

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly fun couple of episodes!

I love Kylie on this season-- she's so grounded and chill, she reminds me of a hot SoCal mom. I continue to fail to see the point of Jan. The try hard energy is so awful and her looks just feel like cosplay that she has no relationship to at all; I continue to look for her personality and continue to fail to find one. Yara was insanely enjoyable in Ep 1 but in 2 it's already wearing thin.

I'm extremely, extremely bummed about the second elimination. I do wonder if
Jiggly being on Pose has anything to do with her elimination. Like, on Survivor people tend to conceal when they're very successful as that can be a reason to vote them out. Now, I know being a bit player on Pose is not the hugest gig but it's very mainstream and I could imagine it being used as a reason to eliminate her. Same with Eureka when she's in the bottom.

Can't wait to see what the game within the game ends up being.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
My guess for game within a game:

once half the queers are eliminated the eliminated queens compete for a chance at re-entry into the season

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I was quite shocked at the group voting off who they did in the second episode, I thought she would have been generally more liked by the majority of people there, but nm, hopefully whatever this twist is may give her a chance to shine again.

I'm already bored of Yara's breast plate.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
The talent show is a complete waste of time challenge these days.

Aside from one or two exceptions it's always just 'drag queens being drag queens' for the talent.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already a little upset over the first two eliminated, especially the second, but I gotta say I kind of like the season so far.

Aside from one or two exceptions it's always just 'drag queens being drag queens' for the talent.

Most are just doing their opening number for their shows. I don't consider that talent TBH and not sure why they just let them skate through that. I don't like Silky all that much but at least the bitch can play a piano and sing live.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Most are just doing their opening number for their shows. I don't consider that talent TBH and not sure why they just let them skate through that. I don't like Silky all that much but at least the bitch can play a piano and sing live.

A lot are just not television friendly which makes it awkward or boring. I like the premise but they should rework it.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should just rebrand the talent challenge as a Single Release Party

Lol probably. But you can't even do that because those songs have apparently been around long enough for Ross to know them and sing along with them.

Either way, not a talent show fan anyways. Queens have a skill and it's not always something outside of drag. If it was just music/dance then sure, show me what you got and sell me on coming to see your show.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
The talent show is a complete waste of time challenge these days.

But most queens will use talents they have in their drag, if you expect them to do something they don't already do on stage you end up with Karen from finance making a balloon dog.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
But most queens will use talents they have in their drag, if you expect them to do something they don't already do on stage you end up with Karen from finance making a balloon dog.
Yeah this is true, but at the same time I'm here to watch drag race and not the Voice.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Wow after S13, AS5, and Down Under it's amazing to have drag race back. Best two back to back episodes in almost two years (minus UK 2). Impressed.
Shout out to B Heights for another killer lip sync.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
the talent show should be replaced with "how much food can you stuff in your mouth?" presented by art simone

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the most annoying part of the talent show for me is that most of the singing acts are lip syncing to they're own tracks.