• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you excited about the new season?

• ABSOLUTELY!

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • Not that excited

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Meh

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
Congrats to Willow Pill! I wanted Camden to win but I'm happy Willow was crowned. The two of them had the best solo performances, and Willow won the final lip-sync.

I'm also not a fan of this format. Season 8 has a similar format but it was executed a lot better; I think the individual performances were too short. We really didn't need 5 queens in the finale. 3 would have been fine for this format, or 4 for a lip-sync smackdown.

Overall the season was mid-tier; I love the queens and some of the challenges were great but there were too many episodes, not enough eliminations, too many second chances (bringing back the first two eliminated queens, and the fucking chocolate bar), and a bit of riggory and favouritism.

Best part of the season: the trans representation. And Jasmine Kennedie.

Worst part of the season: Diabetica

I'm glad it is finally over lol. I cannot wait for All Stars 7!!!

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Top 2 was correct, I'd have been happy with either as winner, congrats to Willow! :)

I liked the solo performances, they've done this before any way haven't they - had them sing a themed song. I like it. It's no more or less arbitrary than having them lipsync.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Wasn't a fan of this new format whatsoever. It was like watching a talent show episode again 😴

But I'm happy Willow won.
Agreed entirely, I like Bosco and Daya's performances, Willows was also fun, but it felt like Ru had picked a Top 2 prior to the episode and had the top 5 do something to justify it.

I like the Lipsync battle between top 4 for the crown honestly, it feels like more competition... But I probably would have been fine if there was a top 2 moving into the finale with this.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first time in ages that people in this thread (almost) unanimously agreed on the top 2?

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
It was a fun last show, better than just lipsyncs. I do agree that the performances were too short, but they were fun, especially Willow's. Very deserved win, she was unique the whole show and won the last episode with both her performances.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed with the winner, and the top 2 were great, but really anyone in that group winning would have been fine for me.

Clearly RuPaul changed the format to allow the current winner to win, as she would probably not have won in a lip sync smack-down . But I like this format better than the one used in past recent seasons.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I'm not mad at this. Bianca would not have won a lip sync smackdown either.
I wouldn't mind if they did away with the lip syncs entirely. A smackdown as a maxi challenge is fine but the lip syncs for your life often bore me to death.
The maxi challenge and the runway should be enough to judge them and eliminate a queen

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that lip sincs have lost all meaning by now. When Ru has a favourite, he's going to choose her, no matter what happens in that sinc.

I wonder why Ross and Carson weren't there?

I was also a little disappointed by Symone's look.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind if they did away with the lip syncs entirely. A smackdown as a maxi challenge is fine but the lip syncs for your life often bore me to death.
The maxi challenge and the runway should be enough to judge them and eliminate a queen

I support this as well. For the crown, lip syncs should be used for ties (MONET WOULD HAVE WON) instead of to determine the winner.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no, Symone's look sucked and also she's not a great winner. This season and finale kind of reinforced to me that S13 was shit.

Happy for Willow. I wanted Camden to win so the Bay Area can have a W and I feel like Camden had more of a winner trajectory towards the end, whereas Willow was starting to fade into the background. But she's creative and thinks outside of the box in a way that's rarely done in the show, so I respect that.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If there was a mainline season to do a double win it was this one. I'm so happy for Willow but honestly would've been over the moon with a double win after that.

I don't think I'll ever get over how the only double win we ever got felt so ridiculously weird and undeserved.

This finale was the best since 9, I really hate the smack down for the crown because Season 9 peaked and 10, 11 and 13's was so horribly boring.

Agreed on Symones look, I was like really? This season solidified that S13 will go down in history as one of the worst seasons for me. I even voted meh on this poll before the season started because I had assumed it was drag race US that was getting stale but no 13 was just very, very bad.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I said it all last year and I'll say it again. Symone has the most beautiful skin I've ever seen on a human being and any time she graces my eyes with even an inch of it it's a slay.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Symone was great, S13 seems like eons ago, I could've done with a little more Symone on TV in the past 12 months. A catch up with last seasons queens show would be nice, or squeeze it in to the reunion or something I dunno.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I've come to love Symone for the same reason I have always loved Shea Coulee.

Their drag is a love letter to Black Women.

You just see it in every aesthetic choice. Black women have long (LONG) been a dominant force is not just pop culture and fashion, but DRAG culture specifically. It is so refreshing to see young Black queens unashamed to pay homage. And nobody does it better than Symone.

Also, the skin. The SKIN is half the look with Symone.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the finale and loved it! Camden vs. Willow might be my favorite finale lipsync since Sasha vs. Shea. There was something beautiful about seeing them both go through a series of absurd self-referential reveals (normally the cringe part of the finale lipsyncs) and then transition into matching dance outfits for a good old-fashion lipsync battle. I wonder if the final five contestants planned that sort of reveal style together to make sure they'd give a great performance?

All the other contestants looked beautiful as well! Congrats to all of them on a great season. :D

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Symone's look was meh for me, mainly because we've been spoiled by most of the previous winners since Bianca showing up as glamorous Final Fantasy bosses. It was more runway challenge look than finale look to me IMO.

I'm amused that this season follows the exact same pattern as DRUK2 and DRUK3:
- Ru picks a favourite early on
- The favourite does well early, then is mediocre for the rest of the season
- Someone else "wakes up" halfway through and storms the rest of the competition, earning the best overall track record
- Ru crowns his favourite anyway

It's like the producers think we haven't noticed.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Symone's look was meh for me, mainly because we've been spoiled by most of the previous winners since Bianca showing up as glamorous Final Fantasy bosses. It was more runway challenge look than finale look to me IMO.

I'm amused that this season follows the exact same pattern as DRUK2 and DRUK3:
- Ru picks a favourite early on
- The favourite does well early, then is mediocre for the rest of the season
- Someone else "wakes up" halfway through and storms the rest of the competition, earning the best overall track record
- Ru crowns his favourite anyway

It's like the producers think we haven't noticed.

You can usually tell who's going to win from the opening couple episodes of a season. Just look at UK season 3 and how much Ru loved Krystal Versace from the start.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the criticism of Symone's look, I thought she looked stunning. It's different from what most reigning queens wore when they crowned their successors but I think it's very Symone, I loved her look.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I don't get the criticism of Symone's look, I thought she looked stunning. It's different from what most reigning queens wore when they crowned their successors but I think it's very Symone, I loved her look.
I haven't seen much criticism online of it, but I don't understand what the criticism would be? it looks so good

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Some people expected her to look like a boss from Final Fantasy.
Some people seem to think it wasn't "finale worthy" whatever that means. I thought she looked gorgeous, I couldn't take my eyes off her.
I'm here for Final Fantasy boss looks, but like, there's a lot of different drag, not everyone is going to be Seymore.

Like, even looking at previous winners, it's pretty on par.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Symone is a legit fashion gworl. I'm not at all surprised by what she wore. lol

I remember during season 13, my ONE criticism of Symone was that her drag was too "wearable." That if you grew in Black urban neighborhoods, you SAW Black girls dressed in pretty much EVERYTHING Symone wore on the runway.

I appreciate it more now, but still...it's always been her aesthetic. lol

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why they didn't have the girls record their own final songs? I assume the contestants are heavily involved with the concept / lyric-writing / choreography / overall production, so they might as well have them sing their own verses as well to give it a more personal touch, right?

They already ask them to do that for a couple challenges per season, and I'm sure they can make anyone sound passable with autotune, so it seems like a no-brainer to me!

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The turn had me dying for a solid 5 mins, idk why. Was funny af to me tho.

I wonder why they didn't have the girls record their own final songs? I assume the contestants are heavily involved with the concept / lyric-writing / choreography / overall production, so they might as well have them sing their own verses as well to give it a more personal touch, right?

They already ask them to do that for a couple challenges per season, and I'm sure they can make anyone sound passable with autotune, so it seems like a no-brainer to me!

They didn't record their own songs in the season 8 finale either, just had them perform the songs. Probably easier to do lol.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
That's totally something Alaska would wear, I see it.

What did Daya say "we're gonna be middle class after this!" lol
Re: Daya here. I'm always amazed when one of the queens goes for that Marilyn look, someone just did it on Espana too, it's such a played out look, like Madonna put it to bed before any of these mofos were born, I don't know how they dare do it, at least without giving a thoughtful twist.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with the winner, though I liked everyone in the top 5 so I would have been happy regardless of what happened.

On another note, I didn't care much for Ru's finale look. It just looked so stiff.

This golden ethereal fantasy would have been way better for a finale.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've just read Willow Pill's multi-head finale dress was constructed by Utica, that's a neat little connection.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Entertainment Weekly is uploading interviews with the AS7 queens along with a roundtable with the whole cast minus Yvie (who was sick)

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
It appears that Canada vs the World is happening.

Rajah O'Hara and Silky are rumored. I feel in love with Rajah during AS6. So if Rajah is on, I am firmly #TeamRajah

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I really like the rumored americans but damn is it unexciting and boring, we just saw them all compete... plenty of queens that are more in need of the screen time.

Also, I hope Anita makes it to the final.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
It appears that Canada vs the World is happening.

Rajah O'Hara and Silky are rumored. I feel in love with Rajah during AS6. So if Rajah is on, I am firmly #TeamRajah
Its honestly a skip for me based on the rumored cast. Not that the queens are bad, it's just that they are all from recent seasons, or from off-shoots I haven't seen because there's too many.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
No Espana, Holland, Italy or Thailand queens is just sad.

There are queens in the full list I am so excited to see back but others I'm like really, again. Are we trying to Jujubee some queens lol.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
CanVTW cast has big "this is all we could get because queens wanted to wait for a Ru season" energy.

Some great queens but so many are from seasons that aired within the last year. I have no idea why Icesis is apparently on. That being said, give Anita a crown.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017

www.youtube.com

RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 7 Episode 1 Sneak Peek 🤩🏁 RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars

The race for the ULTIMATE crown is on! Watch as our eight legends re-enter the Werk Room and begin the battle to become the Queen Of All Queens! 👑 #AllStars...

Is someone making an AS7 thread, it starts tomorrow doesn't it?

Yeah I came here to ask the same thing.

I can throw something up quickly later tonight if nobody else wants to claim it, I don't want to step on anyone's toes if they want to create one.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I came here to ask the same thing.

I can throw something up quickly later tonight if nobody else wants to claim it, I don't want to step on anyone's toes if they want to create one.
The season starts tomorrow, I think if someone had claimed it it would already be up, right?🤔

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I had a spare 20 minutes on my lunch so here's the new thread..

www.resetera.com

Rupaul's Drag Race All Stars 7 |OT| All Winners No Fillers

Roll up everybody, because the Drag Race circus is back in town for season 7 of All Stars. This special season will be a little different than usual because it's a battle of the best. Winners from previous seasons will be returning to see who's the greatest drag queen to emerge from the show...