• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

The runner who slapped a TV reporter's behind is a local youth minister who claims he wants to "correct the situation" — while the journalist on the receiving end of his hand says he "hurt me, both physically and emotionally."
Tommy Callaway was identified as the Savannah, Ga., 10K racer who slapped WSAV-TV anchor Alex Bozarjian, after online sleuths found him thanks to his race number shown in other photos.
Callaway is a youth group leader at his church, Pittman Park UMC, as well as a Boy Scout leader, according to Heavy, based on social media sites that he quickly took down as he was outed and banned from future races.
His lawyer, Joseph Turner, called him a "loving husband and father who is very active in his community" and local church, insisting he was "working with those involved to correct the situation."
"While we regret the situation, Mr. Callaway did not act with any criminal intentions," Turner said in a statement.

Speaking on CBS TV's "This Morning" on Tuesday, Bozarjian confirmed that Callaway "did try to make contact " with her to say that "his intentions were not to hurt me, he didn't intend to do it.
"I'm not going to really debate that — because he did hurt me," she insisted of the slap that she said had a "heavy impact."
"He separates himself from the runners, and he kind of winds up. And he hit me hard," she said.
"He helped himself to a part of my body," she added, saying it left her in "disbelief" and "inundated with some female guilt" because of some of the harsh online comments suggesting she was at fault.
"It's not OK to help yourself to a woman's body just because you feel like it. It's not playful. He hurt me, both physically and emotionally," Bozarjian said.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad she is pressing charges. All his past and present youth group kids need to be asked to come forward too.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trash bury him in what he did and the fake bullshit version of himself he pretended to be.

Basically frat boy Jesus

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely awful.

I hate to say this, but will his church remove him from his leadership? They should. They probably won't. I'm writing this as a Christian and a very active member in my church. If our youth pastor, or anyone involved in church leadership did this... I would absolutely petition to have them removed from their leadership position.

Yeah, I mean at this point nobody is surprised to hear this.

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
A journalist standing there minding her own business

*random guy slaps her behind*

Internet: well obviously its her fault.

Throw that guy in jail

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
whether he's a youth minister or not, this happens all too often to female news reporters. As somebody who used to work in the business and still has friends who are reporters, I've both witnessed this firsthand and been aware of many instances. It's really unfortunate. Luckily they actually id'd the guy this time around. Usually doesnt happen.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Does the church have a FB or Twitter page? Women should inundate it until the church is forced to remove this jerk.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
"loving husband and father who is very active in his community"
Callaway is a youth group leader at his church, Pittman Park UMC, as well as a Boy Scout leader,

YIKES. I wonder if he will keep his job working with kids. You are not a normal person if you think slapping other peoples asses is fine.

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
She's "leaving it up to police" so we'll see if anything comes of it. I remember the shocked look on her face. Just trying to do her job.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Her face when it happened encompasses an emotion that anyone who has been there feels viscerally just by seeing it.

I hope that guy gets assault charges.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Methodists have women clergy

They should have one shitcan his ass

e: the director of children's ministry is a woman, actually

Last edited:

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
"I was caught up in the moment. I was getting ready to bring my hands up and wave to the camera to the audience, there was a misjudge in character and decision-making. I touched her back; I did not know exactly where I touched her."

Uh, sure, because it's totally believable that you were going to bring your hands up to wave, but they instead went down. I can only imagine how often this guy has done other things like this.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I don't understand why he did this.

White men think sunglasses make them anonymous

This theory also explains how when you see someone with this profile picture saying racist shit despite having their real name on their profile.

D4cymz5WkAEs-31.jpg

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe don't slap a random person's ass on live TV...or ever

Thoughts she was gonna chase him down for a second with that look on her face

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
The internet is mess... you can't watch a regular video on some of these "news" sites.....I click play it keeps sending to me to Amazon for a product... it was actually for a Amazon Prime show.. but it was playing at the same time as the video of the grabbing incident..... I'm on my phone, not a laptop/computer to deal with BS.

The rest of the pics/links on the bottom seem like fake news/"sponsored stories".

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how any rational person could think it's OK to do that. What's even going through his mind?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"inundated with some female guilt" because of some of the harsh online comments suggesting she was at fault.
This is so fucked up. She was the one who suffered the harrasment and she has to feel guilty about it? Seriously screw these people who put the blame on the victim, she was just doing her job you fucking assholes she didn't ask nor want a creep to touch her!

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
The internet is mess... you can't watch a regular video on some of these "news" sites.....I click play it keeps sending to me to Amazon for a product... it was actually for a Amazon Prime show.. but it was playing at the same time as the video of the grabbing incident..... I'm on my phone, not a laptop/computer to deal with BS.

The rest of the pics/links on the bottom seem like fake news/"sponsored stories".

I feel like people on here should know not to link NY Post. It literally froze my iPad.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Just trying to live up to the standard of the President I'd assume. "Grab them by the ass, grab them by the p*****", what's the difference? Literally inspired by the likes of Trump and Kavanaugh who are revered by 40% of the country for their sexual assault, rape and misogynism.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Christian values. Fucking hypocritical bullshit that has left me cold to mainstream Christianity despite having been a youth minister almost 20 years ago. His Church will likely find a way to demonize the woman and make it her fault. No, I'm not kidding.

Absolutely awful.

I hate to say this, but will his church remove him from his leadership? They should. They probably won't. I'm writing this as a Christian and a very active member in my church. If our youth pastor, or anyone involved in church leadership did this... I would absolutely petition to have them removed from their leadership position.

Yeah, I mean at this point nobody is surprised to hear this.

It depends on the denomination. I nearly got excommunicated as an assistant youth minister in a Southern Baptist Church because I had the audacity to consider having my fiance move into my parents' house with me, living in a separate room from me, before we were married so that they could save money on college housing.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I hope his wife leaves him and takes the kids with her.

Let him live a ruined, miserable life for the end of his days.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Christian values. Fucking hypocritical bullshit that has left me cold to mainstream Christianity despite having been a youth minister almost 20 years ago. His Church will likely find a way to demonize the woman and make it her fault. No, I'm not kidding.

It depends on the denomination. I nearly got excommunicated as an assistant youth minister in a Southern Baptist Church because I had the audacity to consider having my fiance move into my parents' house with me, living in a separate room from me, before we were married so that they could save money on college housing.
Yeah, this is basically where I'm at. Supposed "Christians" going against everything they're supposed to stand for over and over again and I'm at the point I don't want to associate with that group even though I was raised by a very religious family.