• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

whoa!!

Bozarjian's complaint says that she "described the smack as a 'smack and grab,' advising that he also grabbed her buttocks in the same motion. She stated she felt a sharp sting after the smack and advised that it caused her to pause during the broadcast," per CNN. In a Tuesday WSAV interview, Callaway tried to make amends, saying, "Alex, I am sorry. I did not mean to do this. I think you're a great, great asset to this community and to the local media and to the national media. You're very talented. You're an amazing woman from what I've gathered, and I apologize." WSAV reports, via CNN, that Callaway—a married dad of two who's also a youth minister and Boy Scout leader, per the New York Post—has been released on $1,300 bond.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
There are actually tweets about how she should feel sorry for him and his family and ruining him....this country is pathetic.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
There are actually tweets about how she should feel sorry for him and his family and ruining him....this country is pathetic.

I know I'm going to be preaching to the choir here, but there really is something supremely fucked up that people legitimately use "you're going to ruin his life" as a defense for holding him fucking accountable for his actions.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It's the same in plenty of places. Here in Peru the goalkeeper of our national football (soccer for you who for some reason call it that) team and the local team I'm a fan of was discovered having an affair recently, it was on the news and his wife made it public that she was breaking up and filing for divorce. Dude made a public apology and an insta post about the situation. It went about as planned, plenty of people (women in media included, sadly) were telling the wife to make amends and think of the family she was breaking up with. A woman even went for the classic "boys will be boys". It was terrible to witness.
You can look it up if you want, GK's name is Pedro Gallese, maybe you'll find some English sources.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
But you won't have any prominent Christians come out and admonish this because as we know religious zealots look out for each other and ignore anything that doesn't look good for them.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
It's so dumb that people will accept his apology when it hinges on "I didn't mean to reach out and grab your arse"

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Insensitive and antagonistic commentary
1yv8zv.jpg

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Can a person manage their whole life without grabbing a stranger's ass? I think so.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
What did you mean? Did you flail wildly only to accidentally hit her in the ass? No?

Then fuck off

He lost his balance and was flailing around wildly. His hand smacked against her ass as a result, and he grabbed on to stabilize himself. You know, it's just gravity and physics, man. He didn't mean to dehumanize and objectify her! She seems like a great ASSet to their community!

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I was caught up in the moment. I was getting ready to bring my hands up and wave to the camera to the audience, there was a misjudge in character and decision-making. I touched her back; I did not know exactly where I touched her."

Uh, sure, because it's totally believable that you were going to bring your hands up to wave, but they instead went down. I can only imagine how often this guy has done other things like this.

Bullshit! I'm not buying his story about him missing the back and hitting her ass.

For a man who has 2 teenage daughters, to do this in front of a camera says a lot of the guy.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
What I always think with stuff like this is since you have the confidence and audacity to do something like this in public what are you doing in private

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did you mean? Did you flail wildly only to accidentally hit her in the ass? No?

Then fuck off

"I was caught up in the moment. I was getting ready to bring my hands up and wave to the camera to the audience, there was a misjudge in character and decision-making. I touched her back; I did not know exactly where I touched her."

Ugh, this fucking guy has no shame

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is not a human being alive who, when an ass is slapped does not know what they slapped.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Power to her. It's not her responsibility to fix this shit, and I hugely appreciate that she's taking this all the way. I've been on the receiving end of similar harassment, and I fucking appreciate everyone who fights it.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY

Uh, sure, because it's totally believable that you were going to bring your hands up to wave, but they instead went down. I can only imagine how often this guy has done other things like this.
Discusting that this narrative can be pushed into media without repercussion. (Lying)

Jun 22, 2019
The fact that all these titles still have variants of "runner accused" brings my blood to a boil when THE WHOLE THING IS ON FUCKING VIDEO. FFS.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The Savannah Sports Council, which owns and operates the bridge run, has since announced that Callaway will not be allowed to participate in any of its future events.

"We will not tolerate behavior like this at a Savannah Sports Council event. We have made the decision to ban this individual from registering for all Savannah Sports Council owned races," the council said on Twitter Sunday.

Great news.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh, glad he was found and arrested! I was shocked to see this on Twitter the other day but didn't catch wind of the further development of the situation. Hope the victim can recover from the humiliation and online hate (smh).

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good that he got banned from the event and arrested, I mean fuck, it's on camera, can't deny anything unless you're fucking blind, the intent is all there.

Fucking scum.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
A man that spoke to his lawyer

"I was getting ready to bring my hands up and wave to the camera to the audience, there was a misjudge in character and decision-making."

Not only was there a misjudge in character and decision-making, there was also a lack of spatial awareness and timing that had him raising his hand for the camera at a point that would be almost impossible to have his hand up in time to wave to the camera. Hmm. Weird.

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
It's quite brazen how this dude just keeps digging himself a deeper hole by trying to explain what he was trying to do there. It's on VIDEO!

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
"I was getting ready to bring my hands up and wave to the camera to the audience, there was a misjudge in character and decision-making."

Not only was there a misjudge in character and decision-making, there was also a lack of spatial awareness and timing that had him raising his hand for the camera at a point that would be almost impossible to have his hand up in time to wave to the camera. Hmm. Weird.

Not only that, look where his eyes are. They are focused down on her bottom half. Even if he was trying to slap her back in a friendly gesture you usually look up and meet their eyes for that gesture. But when slapping butts men generally do look down unless they are trying to not look like they are about to do that. This guy wasn't even trying to hide it.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Not only that, look where his eyes are. They are focused down on her bottom half. Even if he was trying to slap her back in a friendly gesture you usually look up and meet their eyes for that gesture. But when slapping butts men generally do look down unless they are trying to not look like they are about to do that. This guy wasn't even trying to hide it.

It's a very weak excuse. But one that probably would've worked for A LOT of people if there wasn't video evidence. Hell, it probably works for a lot of people despite video evidence.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wouldn't get your hopes up of him facing any real consequences. I'm sure his church will band together to support him in this his time of need.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
It's at times like these we see how society actively demonizes men having the slightest bit of self-control. For way too many people, "boys will be boys" does and sadly will always trump the "golden rule". This prick could have kept his precious livelihood intact by simply keeping his hands to himself. If he wanted to grab an ass he shoulda saved it for his wife. He chose instead to inflict his "excitement" on a random woman during her job. Somehow though his "ruin" is the fault of this reporter for existing, having an ass, and the will to stand up for herself rather than the fault of his pathetic, juvenile mindset.

Last edited:

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

a misjudge in character? what does that even mean? he thought his hand was good but it decided to strike her ass instead of wave?

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
a misjudge in character? what does that even mean? he thought his hand was good but it decided to strike her ass instead of wave?

Yeah how do you misjudge your own character?
Maybe he forgot he wasn't a child in grade school? Or maybe he was misjudging "her" character? He thought she was a football player?

Or perhaps he heard that term before but has no idea what it means.