• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
COmbined_logo.png

Monday, 17th August 2020, 2pm BST – Cambridge, UK – Leading British games company Jagex has today announced that it has signed a deal with Flying Wild Hog to launch a new multi-format living game, the first title to be signed to its third-party publishing division Jagex Partners.

The deal will see the game launch in 2021, with open and closed beta phases planned to allow players into the game ahead of release. The game will launch on Jagex's new publishing platform, which is being developed using the extensive knowledge and skills that Jagex has built over almost two decades of running live game services.

The new game – built using Unreal Engine 4 – will deliver a rich, deep, connected and customisable multiplayer action-RPG gaming experience of high adventure and explosive action set in a sci-fi universe.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
That reminds me of Stellar Dawn/MechScape back in the day. It didn't work out and Jagex cancelled the development of the new games and stuck with RuneScape as long as I can remember.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised that Jagex has the interest and finances to do something like this, and that FWH has the staff available in the middle of SW3 development.

OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Surprised that Jagex has the interest and finances to do something like this, and that FWH has the staff available in the middle of SW3 development.

Flying Wild Hog has 250+ devs and 3 studios, they were bought by Supernova Capital in 2019 and they are working on three titles; SW3, this one and another one.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I wish them well! I've been playing RS for 17 years now lol. I'm down to play anything from Jagex honestly.