• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to think that when Epic said they wanted to stop doing this exact thing, they were being somewhat disingenuous.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Rune getting a sequel? This is random as fuck, Severance next?

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
It never looked good to me any time they showed the game but I am curious to see how it turns out. Hopefully they drop a gameplay video soon.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sigh...

So is this a timed exclusive or permanent?

EDIT: Woops, never mind! Thought this was a different game. They can keep this lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they enjoy the big fat cheque from Epic.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I zoned out once I saw the crafting. Just can't get into most of these types of games. Looks nice visually though. Nothing like a flaming sword to build hype.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Good for Human Head. They have been struggling with badly received games (The Quiet Man) and cancelled games (Survived By). At least this will give them some stability.

digreyfox

Nov 7, 2017
The game itself looks very rough, like a Skyrim mod. Also looks like it could be a lot of fun, though.

Guess we'll find out when it launches on steam in 2021

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
THis doesn't look good. Granted, I don't remember the single player in the original at all either. Like, I don't even know how they thought this trailer would get anyone excited.

It was all about the multiplayer in the original. Throwing huge weapons at people that instantly killed them. I hope the multiplayer is good because this looked terrible to me.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry for Human Head Studios if they don't get a hefty bonus too and not just the publisher (and glad if they do). As a dev team it's been fucked over too many times. I'm not buying any EGS third party exclusive but I wish them (HHS) the best anyway. I think it's the kind of studio that could make a gem with proper funding.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
They achieved a great combo:

Bad graphics
Bad animations
Bad framerate
Tearing
Dated fighting system
Epic exclusivity

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Quiet Man already killed them in my eyes

This is just the final nail in the coffin

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Oh look, yet another Norse game, /s

Given how rough this one looks, the safe bet of the EGS bribe makes sense.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That trailer looked atrocious. What has Human Head been doing for the past couple decades? Has there ever been a studio around for so long that has achieved so little? Does everyone over there work for free?

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Starve the competition! Apparently running everyone else out of business is what some people want from their hobby.

Hopefully Rune 2's a sales disaster.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Nice they used Steam in order to run the beta just to drop it. Really, Steam should just put some legal obligation to avoid getting ripped out.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Anymore when I see a pc game announced, I just add one year to the release date or ignore it if its egs exclusive permanently.

Edit: they used steam to test the beta? Lmao talk about adding insult to injury for the fans

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to think that when Epic said they wanted to stop doing this exact thing, they were being somewhat disingenuous.
I BELIEVE THEM THOUGH

plus it's good business and good business should be celebrated in all forms. competition is always good for us. even when it isn't. that's literally econ 101 and I'm sticking to it

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
People shouldn't be shocked. It was pretty obvious when they announced that they "secured funding" some weeks(months?) ago.