• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain

I got into the series a couple of months ago after buying Rune Factory 4 Special and digging it, so I'm excited for this. And it's now full 3D!

Edit: japanese trailer

Last edited:

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
From going bankrupt to this great turnaround. You love to see it. This one looks a lot more combat-focused though compared to the previous ones.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
This looked amazing!! I've never played a Rune Factory game but I've been enjoying Friends of Mineral Town on Switch and this seems to be in the same ballpark of genre with more of an emphasis on story and battles.

I can't wait.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, definitely want to check this one out even though I didn't get into 4 too much. Wonder if it'll allow for same sex relationships this time around.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
YES it looked pretty good, I was dying for a new 3D Rune Factory.
Totally sold on this one.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
This surprised me. Never got into the Rune Factory games before, but I think this will end up being my first one. Looks really nice.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Slipping to 2021 is unfortunate but expected.

So stoked though, game looks amazing. Neverland's death wasn't in vain it seems.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Hyped as fuck. Rune Factory 4 is in my personal top 3 of 3ds games, alongside MH4U and Devil Survivor Overclocked.
Next year will be awesome between this, SMTV and MHR.

Kovalxy

Apr 5, 2020
Rune Factory 5 looked so much better than I was expecting. I wanted to get into the series ever since 5 was announced, but... damn.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Look good. I'm exited to lose tons of fucking time to this game.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese trailer is actually a bit different as it has actual dialog boxes and 2D character portraits. I'm guessing the localization hasn't started yet which is why the English trailer only had 3D character shots.

Might want to add it to the OP.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
While it is obviously great that we are getting this game at all, I'm not really sure about their ambition in making this game fully 3D. I really just think that it doesn't add a lot but complicates everything else, like farming is just terrible in every 3d harvest moon game, where the camera just makes everything needlessly frustrating.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
The Japanese trailer is actually a bit different as it has actual dialog boxes and 2D character portraits. I'm guessing the localization hasn't started yet which is why the English trailer only had 3D character shots.

Thank you. This is the official trailer I was looking for. Looks great.

While it is obviously great that we are getting this game at all, I'm not really sure about their ambition in making this game fully 3D. I really just think that it doesn't add a lot but complicates everything else, like farming is just terrible in every 3d harvest moon game, where the camera just makes everything needlessly frustrating.

Really? I think it was pretty solid in their last 3D game, Trio of Towns. Could not find any grievances with it at all.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Easily the title I am most excited on from the direct. Though with this being delayed I am guessing the next entry in the BM/SoS entry has also been pushed back

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Was really hoping they'd go with 60fps just like RF4, since the director for that game stated they wanted to make the controls and interacting with the world to feel as good as possible. It's time for a Super Switch.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
Shame about the date being pushed back, albeit not surprising at all.

I want art of the bachelors/bachelorettes!

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
It looks like the Japanese trailer said the game is coming out Spring 2021 in Japan, but the English direct just said 2021. If I remember correctly it took like 8 months for FOMT to get localized, so I am expecting this to come out closer to the end of next year in the West. Still, I'm super excited! I've been waiting for this game for a long time and it was the highlight of the Direct for me!

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020

Estimating the character names based on the katakana...

Looks like the blue-haired elf girl is called Scarlet.
The guy dressed in armour is called Reinhardt.
The small girl is Livia/Rivia.
The pink-haired girl is Priscilla.

MC is Ales/Alice (male/female).

Last edited:

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe Rune Factory 5 exists and it looks like it got a series glow-up!

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
My guess in regards to same sex romance at the minimum is the Japanese version calling it best friends while the other language tracks in the western release explicitly using terms like girlfriend and boyfriend since that is how XSEED and Marvelous Europe did it for the Friends of Mineral Town remake.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
That head irks me. Otherwise I bought a Switch primarily for FE and Rune Factory 5. :D

Still have to play RF 4 on Switch, tho.