• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
I love this game, but the difficulty curve between the first boss and the horse in the second one is steep! I keep losing money and ending up in the clinic.

I guess I should just focus on farming and getting the forge and work table?

Yeah I felt the same way. I kept getting wrecked by the horse and was a little discouraged. Ended up just doing some daily tasks and taking it easy. Then trained up the dual blades and obtained fire spell. The fire spell helped a ton to keep a little distance while being able to do damage. It certainly took me a few tries but was able to do it. As others mentioned I was saving outside and killing game and loading save when I would die to it.

I'm sure there are better ways to do the fight, but as a newcomer to the series it ended up working out!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
should I be "shipping" at least 1 of each item? I noticed if I dont they all say "unshipped" in their description

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
another question regarding progress: should I just go to sleep even if its not night time just to trigger the next thing? Like for example im still very early, my daily request is some flower, but it didnt grow the next day, and I have nothing else "to do" right now, the girl went to live with the detective lady and im supposed to visit soon but shes not there yet (i checked), so should I just dump my RPs on some task (I just cooked a bunch of turnips right now) and go to sleep to advance the story / requests?

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
another question regarding progress: should I just go to sleep even if its not night time just to trigger the next thing? Like for example im still very early, my daily request is some flower, but it didnt grow the next day, and I have nothing else "to do" right now, the girl went to live with the detective lady and im supposed to visit soon but shes not there yet (i checked), so should I just dump my RPs on some task (I just cooked a bunch of turnips right now) and go to sleep to advance the story / requests?

I usually make sure to at least dump my RPs once and go the bath and use all my RPs again. I'll go to bed after that no matter what time it is.

Oct 25, 2017
What a delightful day of cracking out to this gem. It's even better than I remember.

Where are you all stashing your stations (cooking, chemistry, forge, etc.)? I can't remember if you can upgrade your room, and it's already getting pretty cramped with just the few things I've bought so far. Seems like you can store these things anywhere in town, but that's not nearly as convenient. Though I guess I could store all of the cooking sets at Porcoline's, the forging equipment at Bado's, and so on.

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a set schedule that Raven will show up to town or is it random? Trying to raise my friendship level with her.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
chose the request to get everyone to lvl 1 friendship

giphy.gif

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
When do I start getting big monies? I finished the first story arc, have all the kitchen tools and crafting stations, but I don't have more than 30,000 gold on a consistent basis since I have to keep re-upping on seeds after every big harvest. I'm entering my first Autumn.

And they want 50,000 gold for a double bed?!!?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The struggle for lumber is real. Visit the summer field every day and do to it I'm swimming in stone but at most I get 4-5 lumber a day from it. Arther sells lumber but they are 500g each and I'll pass haha

I'm not sure if you got there yet but near the third dungeon there's a tree that spawns a good bit of lumber every day.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The struggle for lumber is real. Visit the summer field every day and do to it I'm swimming in stone but at most I get 4-5 lumber a day from it. Arther sells lumber but they are 500g each and I'll pass haha
I find Material Stone to be a bit more scarce. But you can get a lot of it, and lumber as well, once you get access to the Autumn and Winter fields. I generally hit all three of them as part of my daily routine. Currently have over 700 lumber and 200 Mat. stone.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
is it weird I have no interest in checking begginer's guides and "best ways to make money" and whatnot? I kinda just wanna go with the flow (I'll gladly still ask questions here for mechanics and whatnot)

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Thought so, but thanks for confirming.

is it weird I have no interest in checking begginer's guides and "best ways to make money" and whatnot? I kinda just wanna go with the flow (I'll gladly still ask questions here for mechanics and whatnot)

If you've never played one (or something like this), the Online Manual from the title screen makes for a good read. You literally have to be online though, since it opens up a Marvelous website that you page through. 37 or so pages of reading, laid out presumably like the actual manual. Art, screen shots, etc.

Edit - Actually, you don't need to access the Online Manual from the title screen. I pulled the URL for you.

Page 1

Last edited:

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
lmao that tip about making friends with Clorica and taking her on adventures is golden. She just threw Ultimate Curry at me that's worth 250,000G! 😂 Guess I don't need to worry about money for a long time.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
are monsters supposed to help u in combat? They dont seem to do anything and since its not like I need help anyway, I just send them home when I befriend them /shrug

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I started up last night too, but haven't gotten far thanks to the final Nioh 2 demo.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if you got there yet but near the third dungeon there's a tree that spawns a good bit of lumber every day.

Just found that spot! After about a week of going between that spot and the small summer field near town I managed to get enough to get a 2nd field. Been leaving that unused and it's been giving me a decent supply of lumber/stone each day in addition to what I can find in the wild.

I find Material Stone to be a bit more scarce. But you can get a lot of it, and lumber as well, once you get access to the Autumn and Winter fields. I generally hit all three of them as part of my daily routine. Currently have over 700 lumber and 200 Mat. stone.

Funny enough the exact opposite for me seems to be happening, I'm swimming in stone (450+ now) but lumber I usually seem to never have more then around 120-150max at a time haha. The small summer field loves generating 2-3 grey boulder spawns almost every single day but just a couple times a week gives me a tree stump.

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
didnt even think of taming bosses, and i've even gone back to them too!

Much like your actual equipment, you can break the game (combat wise) with certain monsters and what you feed them. Though it has been like 6 years since I've done a play through, so I don't remember exactly how to do that.

OP
OP
hersheyfan

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Hey hersheyfan,

I've located the URL for the Online Manual available from the game's main menu.
I thought you might like to include it in the OP, threadmark this post, or both.
It's a pretty nice primer for the game, and was created to look like a physical game manual.
You use the BACK / NEXT buttons near page numbers to navigate.

https://marvelouseurope.github.io/RuneFactory4Special/
I got ya. Added a new section to the OP with the link to this EU manual, along with a few other things.

If anybody else knows of some useful guides elsewhere that you think would be good to post in the OP, just let me know and I'll throw it in/credit you!

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I got ya. Added a new section to the OP with the link to this EU manual, along with a few other things.

If anybody else knows of some useful guides elsewhere that you think would be good to post in the OP, just let me know and I'll throw it in/credit you!

Thank you.
FWIW, I have the US version of the game running on a US Switch.
I imagine all Western versions link to that same manual.

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here yet grab the credits? I would think after a few days someone would've by now. Nothing on YouTube yet it seems.