• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if XSEED has done any voice re-recording, especially considering who voices Vishnal.

Xita - I do not think so.

*googles*

Oh, Vic...

He's been blacklisted from a few major places, who did XSEED work with on the voice recording? Either way, it'd be bad PR if it was found out that he's still in the game, even if it's reused clips. There's already new voice recordings for the newly wed mode no? So they're in contact with the VAs anyway, so the issue can't be avoided.

Only place I know so far that's kept Vic in after everything exploded was him staying as Bubsy in Paws on Fire, including likely on Switch which was delayed, but the recordings (and there's a shit ton of them) were likely done well before this really began (in Jan I think).

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I really hope they have someone else voice Vishnal. But if there isn't any huge things to voice again they might just keep Vic which I really hope doesn't happen.
Only place I know so far that's kept Vic in after everything exploded was him staying as Bubsy in Paws on Fire, including likely on Switch which was delayed, but the recordings (and there's a shit ton of them) were likely done well before this really began (in Jan I think).
I thought it was confirmed that Vic doesn't voice Bubsy.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I'm bummed still no release date. I was hoping for a release before 2020 as my q1 is already going to be busy with FFCC and Animal Crossing :(

Did we ever get confirmation on whether you can be gay or not in this game (and I don't mean the pallet swap)

I mentioned this in the Mineral Town remake thread but when I spoke to some xseed staff a few years ago at e3 (I want to say 2016) while demoing the newest SOS game at the time I asked some employees about same sex options--they said they were trying their best to work with the japanese branch to have that as an option in future titles. I have no clue if they were just providing lip service, but I'm always hopeful it'll be an actual thing.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Hopefully it's true. I just remember the voice sounding identical to Vic in Woolies Strike Back. Thanks! :)
Yeah I'm really hoping it's true as well! They work on the game so I'm willing to bet that they're speaking the truth on this matter.

To be honest even though people like to make fun of Bubsy I felt bad that the character had to be tied to Vic so I'm glad that it's apparently not the case!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm bummed still no release date. I was hoping for a release before 2020 as my q1 is already going to be busy with FFCC and Animal Crossing :(

I mentioned this in the Mineral Town remake thread but when I spoke to some xseed staff a few years ago at e3 (I want to say 2016) while demoing the newest SOS game at the time I asked some employees about same sex options--they said they were trying their best to work with the japanese branch to have that as an option in future titles. I have no clue if they were just providing lip service, but I'm always hopeful it'll be an actual thing.

I read about that too but it's been years since then at this point. It's pretty damning of RF/SoS to still not allow this in a post-Stardew Valley world (and they're aware of that game's success too).

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Swimsuit DLC...I could have sworn there's already swimsuits in this game, like during the summer festival or something. Can't remember.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I would love it if they did remasters for Rune Factory Frontier and Tides of Destiny. But they also have to fix things in those games (eg: the flipping Runey system).
God I want everything in here except for that damn DLC. Especially the artbooj.
The good thing is that you can probably just sell the DLC at a decent price!

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
$60 for a really iffy looking port of the 3DS game... I just can't do it :( even with that cool looking artbook.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I read about that too but it's been years since then at this point. It's pretty damning of RF/SoS to still not allow this in a post-Stardew Valley world (and they're aware of that game's success too).

I mean, to be perfectly fair, that e3 they were showing off a demo for Trio of Towns--no new SoS game (or RF? I don't keep up with RF too much this'll be my first) has launched since that title in the west. I'm not saying to expect anything, but there literally has not been a chance for Xseed to publish a game with same sex marriage options.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Sorry for the necrobump, but there still isn't a release date for Rune Factory 4 Switch in the U.S. right? I assume it's not releasing in 2019 despite what Nintendo's website says. Amazon is saying 01/21/20, but I assume that's a placeholder. anybody know anything about when this might release?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the necrobump, but there still isn't a release date for Rune Factory 4 Switch in the U.S. right? I assume it's not releasing in 2019 despite what Nintendo's website says. Amazon is saying 01/21/20, but I assume that's a placeholder. anybody know anything about when this might release?
No way it comes out between now and the end of the year. I expect early next year, pretty sure XSEED never confirmed a release date anyway.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish this was still out this year :( I might have to get Doraemon x SoS to tide me over since I don't reckon we'll see this.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Always heard great things about this series, was thinking of playing RF4 first, but it's full priced... Nintendo greed never ceases to amaze me.

I'll just wait for RF5.
Well it's 40, not 60 for the standard edition, though, it should be lower than that even considering it's a port of an old game.

Worth it tho for one of the best games on the 3ds

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Just got an email from best buy out of no where saying a release date change for my pre-order I made all the way back in September.

Screenshot-1.png

Seems to be the date that amazon has too. Hopefully this means Xseed will announce an official release date soon and the date ends up being tree and it's not released later as I want to be able to put in a ton of hours into this before Animal Crossing comes out😅

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing FE3H, and I got a ton of new backlog this week, so I'll have to plough through so I can justify getting this on release.

I've gone back and forth on getting this remake, but I think I will get it if I've made a significant sent in my backlog. Otherwise I'll just sit patiently till 5 is out.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Really hope this comes with dual audio. Can't deal with shitty english dub voices anymore.

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
Just got an email from best buy out of no where saying a release date change for my pre-order I made all the way back in September.

Screenshot-1.png

Seems to be the date that amazon has too. Hopefully this means Xseed will announce an official release date soon and the date ends up being tree and it's not released later as I want to be able to put in a ton of hours into this before Animal Crossing comes out😅

Yeah... sadly I think that might be a bit too close to Mystery Dungeon DX for me.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Sorry for the strange bump but this comes out this Tuesday! Which normally wouldn't be something to bump I guess but has anyone had a delivery date change? My Archival Edition went from coming this Tuesday to arriving March 18. I had thought that maybe there was a delay but nope everywhere else still shows the 25th of February.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Am I finally going to play Rune Factory 4 people

Is the Switch version decent? I think I actually own it on 3DS but never played?

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
IMG-20200224-125000.jpg

Just came back from the store to pick mine up, and now it's sitting on my desk, taunting me. Need to get through another 6 hours so I can play it, hnggg. It's been so long!

Edit: And who's doing the OT? 😄

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
IMG-20200224-125000.jpg

Just came back from the store to pick mine up, and now it's sitting on my desk, taunting me. Need to get through another 6 hours so I can play it, hnggg. It's been so long!

Edit: And who's doing the OT? 😄
What you already got it?! I'm so jealous XD

I swear we had someone doing the OT. Let me check.