• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
This is what I look forward to the most. But I think it will be the least they show

giphy.gif

GIF-02-06-2021-8-50-14.gif

s y

Nov 8, 2017
They better knock it out of the park with Motorsports if it's released next year. That means they've had 5 years to work on it. Could imagine FH5 being more popular and rakes in more cash with the car packs
iirc they've been all hands on deck helping to ship halo

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
They can easily pull out a spectacular looking demo in UE4.5. Even when they switch to UE5, it's still going to have the same art direction, largely the same assets etc.

UE4 looks great no doubt, but UE5 is on another level. You can quite literally have infinite geometry expand in all directions in an open world. You can't get close to that level of optimization in UE4.

I don't personally think it would be worth showing a UE4 version because people are expecting UE5 levels of detail, and a lot of very fickle gamers are really chomping at the bit to see Hellblade II blow thier socks off, especially now that they know it's going to release on UE5.

After the PS5 UE5 demo, anything that can't get within that level of detail could result in some backlash I'd say, and they know they can achieve that level of detail. They just need to be patient and put out a demo when it's ready.

Jun 20, 2018
I always judge these E3 things on announcements, and I'm not expecting much at all. Seeing more of already revealed games does nothing for me.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Shame that they're not even showing Motorsport. I can wait another year for it but I would've liked to at least get a preview at E3.

Oh well, I suppose Horizon can hold me over one more year. Also, FUCK YEAH AVOWED. Ahem.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I know the rumors about Forza Horizon 5 have been around for awhile now, but it just seems too soon to me. I would be pretty excited for that, but the timing feels completely off to me.

Otherwise none of these games other than Halo Infinite do anything for me. Was kind of hoping we would get a Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis shadowdrop here but as it is coming before E3 maybe they will delve into future content for it?

Oct 25, 2017
I know the rumors about Forza Horizon 5 have been around for awhile now, but it just seems too soon to me. I would be pretty excited for that, but the timing feels completely off to me.

Otherwise none of these games other than Halo Infinite do anything for me. Was kind of hoping we would get a Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis shadowdrop here but as it is coming before E3 maybe they will delve into future content for it?
Forza Horizon has consistently released every two years since the first game came out in 2012, so technically this one is a year late! Of course FH4 has seen substantial post launch support and COVID happened, so it's understandable.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, if they come out with an improved HI, Avowed, Typhoon, Forza 5, Starfield gameplay and one other new AAA announcement, that'd be an absolute monster AAA show ALREADY, better than any platform holder has had for years..certainly comparable to (come @me) Sony's smoke and mirrors e3 2015 kickstarter show (which I still, to this day, don't get the hype for...though legitimate things like Dreams, Uncharted 4 and Horizon were the real stars of that show). In any event, it would be a vast improvement on previous MS E3s and I have found recent ones to be stronger each showing. It is all about momentum and Xbox is thankfully really starting to pick up steam now.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Forza Horizon has consistently released every two years since the first game came out in 2012, so technically this one is a year late! Of course FH4 has seen substantial post launch support and COVID happened, so it's understandable.
Even still I had figured they were too busy with Fable to push out another one of these so soon. And before the first proper Motorsports title on Series consoles feels off to me too.

Either way I would totally be in, even if Mexico is not a super exciting choice to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Even still I had figured they were too busy with Fable to push out another one of these so soon. And before the first proper Motorsports title on Series consoles feels off to me too.

Either way I would totally be in, even if Mexico is not a super exciting choice to me.

As far as the first point goes at least, those are two different teams I believe.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
It will be a solid E3 for Xbox if their predictions check out. It sucks that most of the XGS games I'm looking forward to will sit this one out, but there are a few games in there that I'm eager to see . Namely Starfield, Forza Horizon 5 and Omen.

That Sea of Thieves collab rumor is interesting.
I don't know if one should read too much into it. It's a strange way to word the speculation, but it could simply be another big update in the vein of the anniversary update. Maybe with one of their partner studios taking on a bigger role in the dev process?

That being said: Standalone RPG in the Sea of Thieves universe. Pseudo-revival of Project Dream. Made by Obsidian with Gregg Mayles consulting on the project.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I dont know about State of Decay 3 being a big game, lol. I love the series so I'm in for it regardless.
To be honest what I really really want to see is fable, hellblade 2, avowed and the other big 3 person action adventure game that is mentioned that is in development.
Those are the games I think that can fit my taste and that I am really curious to see...
I want those big high budget action adventure single player games that are common on PlayStation ecosystem to become a reality with microsoft studios, Because with this I will have to worry even less with this multiplataform publishers that are always seeking more and more GaaS and multiplayer games.
If Microsoft having at least a good amount of big single player games, more all the Sony games we known I will for sure will have enough games to play and enjoy this gen without having to pass months without big releases that i can enjoy.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
I mean, if they come out with an improved HI, Avowed, Typhoon, Forza 5, Starfield gameplay and one other new AAA announcement, that'd be an absolute monster AAA show ALREADY, better than any platform holder has had for years..certainly comparable to (come @me) Sony's smoke and mirrors e3 2015 kickstarter show (which I still, to this day, don't get the hype for...though legitimate things like Dreams, Uncharted 4 and Horizon were the real stars of that show). In any event, it would be a vast improvement on previous MS E3s and I have found recent ones to be stronger each showing. It is all about momentum and Xbox is thankfully really starting to pick up steam now.

Microsoft will sooner or later be in the position to outshine the direct competition with the sheer amount of games. I don't know if it will happen this year, but there's a chance that this trend is going to start at least next year. Now it all comes down to the quality of the games. If it's there, MS will certainly be a juggernaut in the upcoming years. They are as strong as ever and I've never been this excited for the Xbox future than I am right now.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Its not a Xbox event without any Halo at all, all look safe and basic out side Starfield but no way to know what that be like
All safe and basic? I disagree, because getting Omen and other new IP should provide a decent showing.
The thinking is that it's being sort of retooled as a longer term platform (hence no number and very long dev cycle).
The reason provided by T10 for the name and logo change is the reboot and why they need more time is the reboot and engine changes. Turn 10 themselves never indicated to a platform and I don't even think it makes sense for racing games. But that's a different topic...
Even still I had figured they were too busy with Fable to push out another one of these so soon
Playground has two different teams. One is working on Horizon and the other on Fable.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon is an amazing series, but they release them too frequently for my tastes. They should take more time between releases to make a really meaningful follow-up.

Dec 11, 2017
The problem isn't how often a new Forza Horizon comes out, it's the lack of many things in between. Even if you rattle off the actual titles released since 4, the public perception of first party output is not good at the moment. Forza Horizon 5 feels too soon because 4 was one of the last releases that people actually paid attention to and think about.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So Jeff Grubb said yesterday in the podcast on xboxera that Disney has some presence at the E3 show. Offcourse mind goes to Indy right away.
But what if its more related to Sea of Thieves and collab? Maybe Pirates of the Caribbean?

We've heard Sea of Thieves may appear at the show to tease a substantial content collaboration,