• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Big infos from this French Journalist:

He says that that he heard from many well informed sources in the industry that the Scarlett will have an original design, something like a cylinder because it will pack a voice assistant so similar to Alexa and that they have been trying to implement such design for months now.

Not technically a cylinder but...

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
OH MY GOD I was watching the show and I didn't realize this until now.
Like I said before the Xbox may have a standing cylinder design whci is not something usual. It really has that design just not round one.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
So does the "Series" name indicate that theres several of systems with different specs?

Maybe, this definitely would allow for a Series S, which is what I would assume Lockhart will be called now. But also Microsoft has kind of backed themselves into a corner with weird names ever since they didn't make an Xbox 2, and the Series designation may just be the latest attempt to get around that, while giving the whole thing the feel of a luxury car.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, this definitely would allow for a Series S, which is what I would assume Lockhart will be called now. But also Microsoft has kind of backed themselves into a corner with weird names ever since they didn't make an Xbox 2, and the Series designation may just be the latest attempt to get around that, while giving the whole thing the feel of a luxury car.
Good point, i didnt think about the "Series" brand that some cars uses. Apple also uses "Series" on Apple Watch.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Spencer seems very confident in his recent interviews in really wanting to be the power and performance leader. And their slogan thingy.....fastest and most powerful. If Sony does "1 up" Microsoft however, they'll kinda look foolish, kinda.

With that I mean with the start of this generation when Sony made last minute changes to the ram, didn't they? What if they decide to significantly up the ram again? Not sure if it works that way, and we don't even officially know the specs of either anyway.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
Am I now seeing the Sony version of secret sauce?

Haha. No sauce here. I'm just trying to make sense of something Klee had said, where he seemed to emphasize that the PS5 had a performance advantage but not necessarily a TF advantage.

Ultimately, if one of them HAD to be more powerful, I actually would rather have it be the Xbox because I think it balances out the competitive space (PlayStation already has clear advantages with their game library), but as long as both are eminently capable, I really don't care.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Spencer seems very confident in his recent interviews in really wanting to be the power and performance leader. And their slogan thingy.....fastest and most powerful. If Sony does "1 up" Microsoft however, they'll kinda look foolish, kinda.

With that I mean with the start of this generation when Sony made last minute changes to the ram, didn't they? What if they decide to significantly up the ram again? Not sure if it works that way, and we don't even officially know the specs of either anyway.

They're saying it's the fastest and most powerful console they ever made. I haven't read anything about them saying otherwise?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
They're saying it's the fastest and most powerful console they ever made. I haven't read anything about them saying otherwise?

In one of the other threads about a new interview Spencer has said this:

The goal is to be the most powerful and immersive console on the market. Also that they want to be the leader in power and performance.

It's wise of them to not claim anything.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
In one of the other threads about a new interview Spencer has said this:

The goal is to be the most powerful and immersive console on the market. Also that they want to be the leader in power and performance.

It's wise of them to not claim anything.

Yeah it leaves some leeway, which means he knows something and the systems are virtually identical. Or he isn't aware of the final PS5 set up. It is more likely the latter.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Yeah it leaves some leeway, which means he knows something and the systems are virtually identical. Or he isn't aware of the final PS5 set up. It is more likely the latter.

I hope the former, best for everyone. No more nonsense. While I absolutely prefer Xbox as my main system for everything, I don't want it badly to be just a bit better than PS5, if it does happen, cool but if not, fine too.

If I go by what some folks said in the next gen thread it seems Sony might have the better SSD solution, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Jan 20, 2019
I hope the former, best for everyone. No more nonsense. While I absolutely prefer Xbox as my main system for everything, I don't want it badly to be just a bit better than PS5, if it does happen, cool but if not, fine too.

If I go by what some folks said in the next gen thread it seems Sony might have the better SSD solution, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Just make both consoles equal, it whould be a great start for next gen.

Jan 20, 2019
Equal is boring. Like seriously Sony and Ms don't offer anything on their own and just compete in raw power

And MS imo needs a stronger console or something else to draw gamers tostand a chance against Sony

Equal is not boring, you peopel just want one thing to happen so it can lead to arguments and toxic coments which can already being seeing in this forum.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Performance comes in many ways, there is so much more than just TFlops. But I suppose people see a higher number than the next closest thing so it's a easier marketing tool. If it was all about power the xbox one x would of shifted momentum, the switch wouldn't be on such a roll. Its likely the difference between both systems will fall somewhere between the Xbox One in 2013 and PS4 in 2013. The pro being less powerful than the one x hasn't effected anything.

Games decide which direction you go, I dont see why decade after decade people don't see this.

Personally I dont care what's marginally more powerful, leave that to MS and Sony if they want to massage there own ego's. I care about games and if you have what I want then I'll buy it. Pretty straight forward.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Equal is not boring, you peopel just want one thing to happen so it can lead to arguments and toxic coments which can already being seeing in this forum.
You're a prime example of a toxic member of the reset era community. So called liberal who doesn't allow others to have different opinions and tries to assume their intentions and get them banned here for the slightest things

When I mean equal, I don't want exactly equal specs. That is truly boring and the only difference would then be exclusives. I do want one of the consoles to be more powerful han the other, which has been happening and likely will continue to happen. But there's not enough innovation. Yes, I'm tired of Sony and MS lacking innovation and always going for power but nothing groundbreaking in innovation in other areas.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
You're a prime example of a toxic member of the reset era community. So called liberal who doesn't allow others to have different opinions and tries to assume their intentions and get them banned here for the slightest things

When I mean equal, I don't want exactly equal specs. That is truly boring and the only difference would then be exclusives. I do want one of the consoles to be more powerful han the other, which has been happening and likely will continue to happen. But there's not enough innovation. Yes, I'm tired of Sony and MS lacking innovation and always going for power but nothing groundbreaking in innovation in other areas.

lol wtf

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
MS isn't going to beat Sony with an equally powerful console, especially when Sony outsells MS easily outside of the U.S. MS doesn't have the exclusives like Sony does either. It's going to be very hard for MS to be the leading console again like Xbox 360 in the U.S.
Internationally I dont think xbox can beat sony. But in the US and UK it's more than possible imo.

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
Equally powerful consoles boring? Never heard that before 😂
Sorry to say but, Exclusives is what makes people buy either, or both consoles. And where your friends are playing MW, FIFA Madden etc.

And please stop with the toxic shit guys.