• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
How are the same people who were writing white papers on thermals and why 12 TF wasn't possible now pretending to play stupid when it comes to scaling graphics? You can't be that informed and uninformed at the same time. It's a damned near impossible to thread that needle. It seems like convenient knowledge. You're all acting like the Devin Nunes of Resetera.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
25-30% sounds extremely ambitious. Anandtech measured 171W draw from the wall for the X1X.

Anandtech also measured max load at the wall for a full PC w/RX480 as 296W. Sounds like a lot more, right?

Well, the test system included an X99 motherboard and Core i7-6950X, a ten-core twenty-thread behemoth, which is 140W (realistically more, but Intel lol) by itself. Compared to ~25W for Jaguar.

Dropping roughly 100W, it brings it right in line considering the rest of the PC involved. But overall, all the 8th gen consoles use basically exactly what you'd expect given the major components.

I don't get what's your point. If you doubt these specs then say so?
I said that Anaconda might be a 250-300W machine based on these specs.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
what is the point of Lockhart being weaker than the X? this seems like such a weird design decision

just bump up the X's CPU and make it the 'cheap' model

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
How are the same people who were writing white papers on thermals and why 12 TF wasn't possible now pretending to play stupid when it comes to scaling graphics? You can't be that informed and uninformed at the same time. It's a damned near impossible to thread that needle. It seems like convenient knowledge. You're all acting like the Devin Nunes of Resetera.
Oof, tough but fair.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
LOL!

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
I don't get what's your point. If you doubt these specs then say so?
I said that Anaconda might be a 250-300W machine based on these specs.

3.5Ghz Zen2, 16GB High Performance GDDR6, 12TF Navi, assorted Wifi/LED/Fan/USB, I think around 340-360W from the wall, and at the very minimum a 400W Rated PSU.

It means a big, expensive unit. Which may be the right move if they want it to last the gen.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
While I think Lockhart and Anaconda can be messaged without causing problems I don't see how you go into next Christmas still selling two versions of the Xbox One while launching two new consoles and just dropping the One S (and the One S SAD now that I think about it) seems weird too.

That's gonna be messy either way cutting the One S or leaving it all out there. Maybe cut the One S and leave the SAD version since they just got done designing it. Still gives you the One X with the 4K drive for physical media I guess.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Many games already trade fidelity for power on 4K consoles. Gears 5 use dynamic scaling and FH4 steps down at 1080 to maintain 60fps on the One X. Jaguar or Ryzen, nothing will make such trading useless tomorrow for creators.

"Scalability" doesn't imply a flexibility on the game design, it's a concept used for the end of the visual chain, for a finished product. You can have a scalable engine for the Switch and the PS4 but what you produce with it won't it be.
You're comparing enhanced consoles to base consoles, it's no the same thing. Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 weren't made for the X. And yes what MS will produce on Scarlett will be scalable because they are also going to be releasing their stuff on PC, same with most 3rd parties.
Sure, not all games will be 4K, but Lockhart will just run the same games at 1/4th the resolution and pull back on some visuals features if need be.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
12 has been a long term goal for Microsoft.
Kits of approx 10tf have been used, slightly below ps5. Ram could change but it depends on prices. Even at 16 that's a 2.5 increase over current gen. The X having 12 (9 useable) spooks people but the extra ram has largely gone unutilized. The ray tracing comparisons will be fun.

TrojanBlade

Oct 30, 2017
$599 is DOA for any console. At least if you're targeting a mainstream audience. While $399 is too expensive for an entry level machine.
As I said if it indeed is more powerful than PS5, then it can't be at the same price point unless they sell at a heavy loss to undercut PS5 with being the same price but more powerful. But again exclusive games will define these consoles. If Sony can keep on delivering the great games, it will still be hard for xbox unless they really bring the big guns in terms of content not just power. Besides if this is all true, Sony's console will not be really that behind in terms of power.

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. lmao.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I actually think PS5 won't be as powerful as Anaconda. Or I think it's highly possible at least. I know there's been many words to the opposite, but.. I've a feeling the exact same spec or better is going to be too expensive to offer as a single option. I think Sony would be quite happy, marketing wise, to come in 'in the middle' price-wise with something close. But we will see.

It is, actually, their best bet. 10 TF or so at a 100 dollars less would be a great position to be in...

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao

Where is Resetera's Adam Schiff??

Oct 28, 2017
aggressive pricing, but it wasn't sold at a loss.
this is shipping with at least a 1TB SSD and what should be a reasonably powerful GPU. They'd compromise on power too much at $399.

Im fairly certain the PS4 was sold at a loss. (Someone check my math)

No company makes coin on consoles sales so selling under cost doesn't hurt as much and gives console makers the ability to punch above weight.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
So people were doubting Sony can get their clocks up to 2ghz and have a lower TF count than this but people accepting that ms is going to get to 12+

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Anaconda = surprisingly powerful. Their entry-level SKU sounds like a ripoff since it appears to be most closely aligned with current gen tech...

I feel like Sony needs to do some drip drip dripping in regard to how powerful PS5 will be in comparison. If they don't, it could signal that they might not have the most powerful console at launch this time around.

I feel like Sony has been already drip feeding info to the public for a while longer than MS has and in a much more straightforward fashion with those articles they put out.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
No offense, but only a select few people would know the simultaneous specs of the two most accurate builds of Scarlett and PS5 at this time.

Please stop with this shit.

Your post makes no sense, you are literally posting in a thread about leaked specs for one of those platforms. And why are you so rude?

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Your post makes no sense, you are literally posting in a thread about leaked specs for one of those platforms. And why are you so rude?
I don't see how that was rude at all.

He answered a question and then edited his post, now for the past 2 pages people are going on about him knowing stuff. Not to mention the thread is about leaked specs not comparing the two consoles, which hardly anyone would know.

It derails from any meaningful conversation. I edited my post to come off less "rude".

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Well, we will see the gap between Sony's first and MS's first parties graphically then, Lockhart will hold back Anaconda.
Are you joking or dont you understand the basics of PC gaming? (and now console gaming wheter you like it or not)

This is GTA V runing at 1080p, 1440p and 4K

same specs, same graphic config, only resolution changes. ONLY RESOLUTION CHANGES
There's people still playing at 1080p, and there will be people playing at 1080p when Scarlett launches.
Lockhart wont hold back MS's games

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
If this is confusing for people in this thread, I can only imagine what the mass market will think.

Given the truth that a Gen 9 tflop is better than a Gen 8 tflop, how do you message that in a simple, easy to understand way that's also technically credible?

Option 1 - Adjust the number to be relative to Gen 8 (e.g 4tflops becomes 5, 8tflops becomes 10, and 12 becomes 14)
Option 2 - Leave the same and try and explain in videos, demos, etc.
Option 2 - Do nothing and let the games speak for themselves.

This is tricky proposition. Each has pros/cons. But unless you do option 1, there are going to be a lot of casual gamers that will think the low-end is less powerful than the outgoing model.

Interested in thoughts on this.
I didn't believe the 12tf number and posted as much earlier in this thread. This posts seems to confirm my suspicion.

Erimriv

Oct 30, 2017
MS is setting the high bar for next gen, an absolute beast with anaconda at 12TF and an affordable Next-Gen option with Lockhart. Great games will come along with all those multiple studio adquisitions, you want the best? Anaconda. You want a truly next gen experience for your 1080p tv? Lockhart. All of these options blessed with gamepass. MS is doing the right thing for all of us gamers.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So with that lower spec 4TF console, can we expect most Sony exclusives to look significantly better again when they only release 1 SKU at 12TF?

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
If the Xbone2/PS5 end up running games worse than high end PCs from 2015/2016 will people finally stop eating up controlled corporate leaks?

Albert Penello

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Redmond, WA
I didn't believe the 12tf number and posted as much earlier in this thread. This posts seems to confirm my suspicion.

Don't read anything into it. If I was trying to tip anyone off, I wouldn't say anything (remember my rule about not commenting on Xbox plans)

This is 100% speculative on how folks on the forum would deal with the confusion at the mass market.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So hypothetically speaking, the PS5 ends up being about 10tflops and the Scarlett is 12. But according to some here it has been said PS5 will have 20GB of RAM while it seems Scarlett will have 15. What will/could this mean?

I assume tflops are more important for a console, but the RAM at the same time is a difference too.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
All I care about is that MS and devs treat Anaconda as if Lockhart doesn't even exist and push every bit of that 12TF to its limits.

After that, shove the game on Lockhart however they can and let the chips fall where they may.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
MS is setting the high bar for next gen, an absolute beast with anaconda at 12TF and an affordable Next-Gen option with Lockhart. Great games will come along with all those multiple studio adquisitions, you want the best? Anaconda. You want a truly next gen experience for your 1080p tv? Lockhart. All of these options blessed with gamepass. MS is doing the right thing for all of us gamers.

Calm down Phil

Oct 27, 2017

lol

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Good lord.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So hypothetically speaking, the PS5 ends up being about 10tflops and the Scarlett is 12. But according to some here it has been said PS5 will have 20GB of RAM while it seems Scarlett will have 15. What will/could this mean?

I assume tflops are more important for a console, but the RAM at the same time is a difference too.
Where is the ps5 20gb rumor or the Xbox 15 gb usable rumor coming from?

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

Way to spoil their reveal punchline...