• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Btw 3gb for the OS i hope that doesnt mean 1080p for the console dashboard. Because X was using 4gb first for the OS. Then they changed it before release to give devs 1gb extra. But that ment the console dashboard wouldnt be at 4k also.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Nah, Panos knows what he is doing.

Microsoft hardware team is the best in the business. Much more impressive than the competition since the restructuring.

I think it's a noticeable difference in design when you compare the pro to the x. also noticeable when you compare the surface line to sony's laptops. Based on their respective releases it should probably be expected that microsoft has a better looking and designed console. If sony pulled it out i'd be surprised. Not saying it isn't possible.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
I hope the differences in SKUs are clear to the average consumers and there is no overall confusion.

I'm hopeful because I think your average consumer is more informed now compared to 10 years ago, as evidenced by the ever growing iPhone product line and its many variations.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking...

Xbox One S (& all digital): $99-$149
Xbox Lockhart: $349
Xbox Anaconda: $499

Those prices would almost speak for themselves in getting people to know the differences between each model. Xbox One S for people that just want a dirt cheap box to play games casually, Lockhart for the more core gamers that want an upgrade from the console(s) they are currently playing on, and Anaconda for the hardcore gamers that want the "best of the best".

No need to continue on pushing the Xbox One X in my opinion; The target audience that it was for will now be interested in the 2020 Xbox models.

I agree with these prices.

And both PS5 and next Xbox are not exceeding $499

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
If true then lockhart is what I expected, the same RAM set up and the CPU is nearly identical, only clocked a little lower. Big difference is GPU and probably other smaller things like storage size and no disc drive. This will definitely be a machine that runs all the same next gen games but at 1080p. Basically the same concept behind the Switch's two modes, but as two different machines.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't 4 Navi TF be more performant than the X's 6TF?

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

Holy shit Microsoft :o

lmao xD

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
If true then lockhart is what I expected, the same RAM set up and the CPU is nearly identical, only clocked a little lower. Big difference is GPU and probably other smaller things like storage size and no disc drive. This will definitely be a machine that runs all the same next gen games but at 1080p. Basically the same concept behind the Switch's two modes, but as two different machines.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't 4 Navi TF be more performant than the X's 6TF?
Yes.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
The new consoles use RDNA2, not RDNA1, btw.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
In a year when these launch there will be new cards on the market already well past 14tf for PC users. I miss the 360 and PS3 where Sony and MS both said fuck it and produced consoles that were bleeding edge tech and barely manufacturable. It took PC two years to catch up. The market has changed and neither company is willing to bleed money to do that again, nor is it smart to do that. But from an interesting tech perspective I really do miss those days.

Yeah, we'll have an 14tflops RDNA card next year and it'll probably cost $600 (that what I'm assuming an RX 5800 xt will cost).

Maybe the PS4/XB1 generation was an outlier, and Sony and Microsoft are willing to lose money on their consoles again. A lot of money by the look of it. If they're willing to do that, then we are in for one hell of a generation.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Again

It's 3:1 ratio. One S was 5:1.

It will not be holding back games.

4:1 is what's needed for 1080p to 4K

With One X, up ressing left room for spare for IQ improvements

With anaconda, ressing down will leave room for improvements.

Compute is another story, but now we have the equivalent of the entire Xbox One power budget available for compute at all times. It's going to be a massive leap.
Gears 5 or Forza use One X improvements only for post-processing effects, essentially to maintain a steady framerate as targeting the highest possible resolution. But without having to primary target the One S, 505 or Playground could have enhance level size, NPCs modeling and numbers, architecture size and relief height.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
The start of the next FM game usually starts after the launch of the last one. That didnt happen with FM8 (or what its called) after FM7.
FM7 got alot of post launch support and alot of changed and they said the production of the next FM game started only in may of this year. Instead of December 2017 after FM7.
Next to that they want the new FM to be special and like a new step of the series. So combine that with production of the game also starting way later. A launch game doesnt sound very realistic

I think your confusing Playground games with Turn 10, before 2019 they both took turns 2013 FM5 2014 FH2 etc so technically next year it's Playgrounds turn, no Forza this year so 2020 it's them, PG.

What you mentioned concerned FM8 not the Horizon series.

AGE2019

May 5, 2019
I thought the rumor was they are the same
Weren't the persistent rumors that PS5 was more powerful, even if slightly so, than Anaconda? Wonder if it'll be like a .5 TF difference, or of that rumor is bullshit, because these specs seem quite... impressive, and more than most expected

Putting all the rumors together to try to figure out the truth it seems like this might be true:
Oberon (PS5) Dev Kits are 10.24 TF's
2018 Anaconda Dev Kits are 10 TF's
Those specs gave way to the rumors that PS5 was slightly more powerful than Anaconda but they were very close.
MS have since then recently released updated Dev kits that are 12 TF's and news that Lockhart is still a go at 4TF's.
Oberon (PS5) is currently at 10.24 TF's and Anaconda is currently at 12 Tf's with Lockhart coming in at 4 TF's.
My guess is that PS5 should be able to hit $500 with Anaconda looking more like a $600 box and Lockhart looking like a $300 - $400 box.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How many jobs do I have to work to get the ananconda?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So as long as the hardware is capable of outputting 4K (don't know why it wouldn't be) it should be able to run the X enhanced versions of Xbox One games in backcompat. Though I guess the output isn't really relevant since you can play X in 1080p and still have the games run in enhanced modes.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I think your confusing Playground games with Turn 10, before 2019 they both took turns 2013 FM5 2014 FH2 etc so technically next year it's Playgrounds turn, no Forza this year so 2020 it's them, PG.

What you mentioned concerned FM8 not the Horizon series.
I am talking about FM8. Horizon that way will be "delayed" also. Wich makes sense with alot of Horizon devs moving up to the RPG project and the Horizon team atm getting alot of new devs and recently graduated devs joining the Horizon team.

Jun 10, 2018
If there is a Lockhart model and is indeed just 4TF, that is still more powerful then an Xbox One X. As RDNA architecture is 1.75 times more powerful clock for clock which would make it equal to a 7TF GCN GPU. And then you add the increase in memory and bandwidth and new Ryzen CPU architecture.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
"...the inclusion of Project XCloud across all Xbox systems will allow you to start gaming via streaming while waiting for games to download locally."

This would be an interesting development if it's actually being implemented across-the-board as an option during the installation process. I know the phrasing may just mean it could be done if someone subscribed to xCloud (which is less exciting).

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
That's a lot of power. I'm more excited to see what the games look like really, never been much of a "graphics is all" type person but I love me some buttery smooth framerates. Gears 5 on the X was amazing and I'm looking forward to see what they do next.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
There is zero chance that PS5 and Anaconda are $100 apart. Xbox will not make their flagship that is close or weaker in power be overpriced compared to PS ever again.
Going by the posts in here all of a sudden Xbox is 2TF more powerful than PS5. You just put a giant "2 TF MORE than PS5" on the box and then people will say oh okay I'll pay the enxtra hundo. I know business."

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe in inflation, everything I buy today that I bought 10 years ago is still the same price, I think the only thing I've seen increase in the last 10 years is rent nothing else

cars are the same price, grocery's for the most part are the same price, games are the same price, movie tickets same price etc

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah, we'll have an 14tflops RDNA card next year and it'll probably cost $600 (that what I'm assuming an RX 5800 xt will cost).

Maybe the PS4/XB1 generation was an outlier, and Sony and Microsoft are willing to lose money on their consoles again. A lot of money by the look of it. If they're willing to do that, then we are in for one hell of a generation.

Yeah. AMD can sell every single Ryzen chiplet for massive margins right now, and large volume of Navi GPUs at good profits. Given that they are already unable to meet demand (by a pretty large margin!) an enormous APU based of : 8C Zen2 chiplet + 12TF Navi variant would be :

Extremely expensive and will need extraordinary cooling (roughly double the TDP of Xbox One X at a minimum).

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
"...the inclusion of Project XCloud across all Xbox systems will allow you to start gaming via streaming while waiting for games to download locally."

This would be an interesting development if it's actually being implemented across-the-board as an option during the installation process. I know the phrasing may just mean it could be done if someone subscribed to xCloud (which is less exciting).

My assumption is if you buy a game, you have access to it on xCloud so this will just be an extension of that.