• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I hope theyre the same so we can have fanboys stop fighting over this crap.
amen brother. i got drawn into the console wars in earnest for the first time this last gen. never again.

---

im glad they're going with the two sku thing. putting aside the fact that I don't actually think it will hold anything back, its just such a smart and appealing move that helps make next gen friendlier to people in situations where money is tighter.

more than how it will actually work out sales wise, im just glad that more people will be able to get into next gen and have a good time playing games, not just super-enthusiasts.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Power is nice and all, I really want Microsoft to deliver with the games at launch. They already got me with Halo Infinite, but I wanna see Forza Horizon 5 at launch too.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Drop those by $100 and it's in line with these devices replacing the One S and X immediately.
$199 one x
$249 lockhart
$399 Anaconda

that would be pretty swell

The Xbox One X has a 6TF GPU.

The Lockhart is rumored to have a 4TF GPU.

I completely understand that Lockhart has a vastly better CPU and more memory but, yeah, as far as pure GPU compute power goes, it works that way.

as others have said in different threads, the tfs are measured differently and the lockhart is about the same as the X in GPU.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
That there will probably still be 1080p gaming on a next gen console in 2020 is weird. Might as well stream games until you can afford the better model.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
If you think this thing will outperform a RTX 2080 with an 8 core CPU and an SSD and be less than $1000 than you are probably living in the clouds.
I think both Consoles will get close to 2080 performance, but Ampere will be out & the 3060 will replace the 2080. People forget but the Super 2070 already replaced the 2080.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS shows up on stage at State of Play and announces the acquisition of Sony and the reveal of Scarlett.

MisterX would be so proud.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Power is nice and all, I really want Microsoft to deliver with the games at launch. They already got me with Halo Infinite, but I wanna see Forza Horizon 5 at launch too.
It'll more than likely be Forza 8, the horizon team is rumored to be working on a Fable reboot but yeah im with you. I wonder what their Santa Monica studio "the initiative" is working on.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To provide a 1080p next-gen console at a more attractive entry point. Lockhart would be a more popular console than Anaconda.
I don't think it would be but it depends on the price as well if it's 399 than I think that' asking to much for it for the rumored specs.

Drop those by $100 and it's in line with these devices replacing the One S and X immediately.
That would make more sense with the pricing.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't you one of the fake "insiders" from the old place? We would all really appreciate if you stopped peddling bullshit all the time.
Are you OK? I'm basing this off the paste bin, the calculations we've done in the next gen thread based on Oberon, and info we've received form multiple people on the thread. How about we not resort to personal attacks?

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
"Microsoft is gearing up to reveal Xbox "Scarlett" in full in the near future"

Very near future. :)
giphy.gif

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Xbox One X has a 6TF GPU.

The Lockhart is rumored to have a 4TF GPU.

I completely understand that Lockhart has a vastly better CPU and more memory but, yeah, as far as pure GPU compute power goes, it works that way.

The LH on paper should give you a better experience than the X thanks to the superior CPU and SSD. Like I can see a game run at 30 fps on the X, while that same game will run at 60/1440P on the LH.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Did anyone catch the CPU clock target? 3.5 GHZ ?

I really hope they hit that.

Check this out. the leaked diagram and specs for Xbox 360 back in April 2004.

CPU clock for the triple core PowerPC CPU? "3.5+ GHz" - it ended up being 3.2 GHz, but guess what? the RAM went from 256+ GB to 512 GB.

52NJ7QO.jpg

www.gamespot.com/articles/rumor-control-son-of-dreamcast-and-xbox-next-specs/1100-6095043/

Please let Anaconda's RAM go from 16 GB ?? to 32 GB!

Last edited:

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it would be but it depends on the price as well if it's 399 than I think that' asking to much for it for the rumored specs.

That would make more sense with the pricing.

It'll have a next-gen CPU, 16GB RAM, and an SSD. Launching at $100 less than the Xbox One X seems about right.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Was the major thing holding back this generation was mostly the cpu? If that's the case and the lower model having a weaker but improved gpu would be a great entry point. 1440p native support for Lockhart would be great if we get the same FPS as the more powerful version.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
12 rdna tf is obscene! I don't see 500 happening unless Xbox/PS are cool with huge losses per console.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The 5700xt is rated at 9.75tflops with FP32.

I think there's something fishy with these numbers.

edit: I wonder if they're somehow including CPU and RT into this 12tflops number.

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Holy crap those specs are insane. How is this even possible at a mass market level?

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
AMD teraflops are not the same as Nvidia teraflops. The GPU isn't going to be anywhere close to a 2080ti.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Should I be worried that Lockhart will hold back the Anaconda & PS5?
not too worried

the only interesting edge cases would be RT and Compute

RT primarily because on PCs we're cheating really hard to get it in the first place

Compute there's like a 20% wiggle room, roughly.

but we'd need to know more about their RT solution... we don't know if it's part of the GPU or separate silicon. every leak suggests Lockhart would have RT