• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
This is the exact same as the Jeux Video leak from February.

ELXW-H-W4AEciZ_
Seems to be the exact same specs from the Reddit post from January.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
It wont hold it back if it uses the same CPU and SSD.
GPU doesnt really matter because it will just be downscaling on the GPU resolution wise.
But if a developer targets 1080p for crazy raytracing effects, how will the weaker console fair? Also I feel that the raytracing features will probably not be present on the cheaper console. So games that will use mirror surfaces as a gameplay element will not work.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Xcloud supported across all ecosystem to allow you to play a game immediately while it downloads to local storage....YESSSSSSSSSSS
This is the dream for me for all next gen consoles. Give me both versions of the game (streaming & digital) & let me choose how to play.

Serious question though: why would Lockhart target 4TF when the One X targets 6TF? Will the CPU mitigate the graphics it loses out on? Did I even just ask that question correctly?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Another point:

The Lockheart is useless. For 1-2 years after a new gen, all games will be crossgen. Who in their right mind will buy a lockheart, when you can keep your one X, and play games better then the lockheart. It makes more sense to ride the one X out until games are exclusive to sclarett, then cop that.

How do you mean play better? Better play i place as higher framerates and quick loading times. That will Lockhart do.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I just noticed that the rumor states that Lockhart has 12GB of RAM instead of 16GB for Anaconda.

It really is an entirely different SKU.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still struggling to wrap my head around the differences between the two rumoured models. I'd love to know if that just means 1080p/60fps (maybe) vs. 4-8k/60fps (maybe). Plus differences in RAM... *rubs temples*
I think that is the difference they will aim for. Same exact games. Same graphics. Different resolutions and minor effects. I think both can coexist and not hold anything back much like how 1660s and 2080s exist on pc at the same time.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
16gb of ram seems...a bit low

...why? Maybe I'm not understanding properly, but on my own windows 10 desktop, even when I'm running a heavy game with multiple apps and firefox running in the background, I regularly still have at least another 6-7 GB of ram available for use.

I know that games are more demanding these days, but there are plenty of headroom.

if they do a decent job of optimizing the OS AND they're using an SSD, I'm not sure if 16GB RAM would be an issue.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Beef up the CPU and scale back on the GPU in comparison to the One X to make it more compatible with Anaconda's capabilities. Target the same games at 1080p the Anaconda will do at 4K with the ability to stream games at 4K as well. Seems like a solid idea in theory if all this Lockhart stuff is actually happening.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
But if a developer targets 1080p for crazy raytracing effects, how will the weaker console fair? Also I feel that the raytracing features will probably not be present on the cheaper console. So games that will use mirror surfaces as a gameplay element will not work.
That seems highly specific.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Exciting times. If there is one concerning thing that prevents this from being more future proof, it's the amount of RAM. Guess we can't have it all.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Not going to lie if this is true and the new consoles are indeed that powerful, I will just buy one of those instead of upgrading my PC and wait until it's worthwhile again.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Another point:

The Lockheart is useless. For 1-2 years after a new gen, all games will be crossgen. Who in their right mind will buy a lockheart, when you can keep your one X, and play games better then the lockheart. It makes more sense to ride the one X out until games are exclusive to sclarett, then cop that.

The CPU and HDD in the X completely ruin your argument. It's still running Jaguar cores which have been garbage since 2013.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Hope Phil walks out on the E3 stage, takes off his jacket, and then rips his shirt WWE style to unveil the words "12 TF".

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The one X has more TF though? I guess the loading times would be faster, but wouldn't the framerate be better? Or is the CPU more significant in the lockheart
You cant compare the TF of this gen to the TF of next gen 1 on 1.
And yes the CPU is gonna be the biggest leap for all next gen console compared to the old Jaguar wich was already out of date in 2013 :)

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
"Microsoft is gearing up to reveal Xbox "Scarlett" in full in the near future"

Very near future. :)

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed that the rumor states that Lockhart has 12GB of RAM instead of 16GB for Anaconda.

It really is an entirely different SKU.

My guess is that Lockhart is target towards 1080p and anaconda is targeted towards 4k and they in terms of development they both scale nicely reducing the amount of work involved for developers.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is can specs like this allow the system to come in at 499? If not then it's fake. No console maker will ever touch the 599 price tag any time soon after we saw how that did for PS3.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
16GB of RAM... low? Lmao.

These are consoles, not desktop computers. They're CPU effective by design.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
This would be so exciting if true. I think the biggest part is the CPU news as so many assumed it would be underclocked for consoles but with this, combined with likely using a 3700x equivalent would be incredible my PC is going to be outdated. I'm wondering if the games are going to be surely targeting 60 FPS given such an increase from what we know. I think Lockhart makes sense as a cheaper option for those who don't need the most best IQ and performance if Anaconda is targeting 4k/60 FPS as it theoretically kind of scales to 4x less resolution for 1080p/60 FPS. We've kind of seen XB1X games hit 4K with less Teraflops and that's on a weaker architecture. I don't see lockhart hamstringing the more powerful console since from what I've read, they develop using the more powerful and then scale down not the other way round.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
12tflops is perfect, a huge upgrade for this gen. If PS5 is pretty much the same then I'll be more than happy. This also vindicates me holding off on buying a new PC GPU until Ampere is out, only the 2080 Ti seems to be faster than the consoles.

A Vega 64 is 13.7 TFLOPS and is weaker than a GTX 1080, though not by much.

Don't get tripped over the difference between how AMD and Nvidia calculate TFLOPs.

Weaker than the 1080 would be good for me though so I can try to avoid upgrading for a year or 2.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
16GB of RAM... low? Lmao.

These are consoles, not desktop computers. They're CPU effective by design.

Yeah I'm waiting for people to explain themselves here.

There are gaming computers today are actually fine on 8GB of RAM. 16 GB is a sweetspot. 32GB/64GB is for heavy video editing/server...

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
So the original rumors are (potentially) true

We're eating next year

And after all the talk on the CPU, I was expecting clocks to be ~3.6Ghz, so it's nice to see them being ~3.5 instead.