• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I thought making a new thread in light of Jason shooting down the AC rumor but not the WD3 one would be apt, plus him tweeting these.

This rumor originated from 4chan's /v/ board detailing the following

- No new AC game in 2019. This year is Watch_Dogs 3.
- Watch dogs 3 will be set in London
- Focus more on smaller firearms and knives for combat with a larger emphasis on hacking
- New Character. Can choose male or female (like Far Cry 5), but same story.

Original source: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/450420740/#450421598

It's worth mentioning that WD3 has been teased to be set in London for a long time now so to see this happening is great. Last time we had a major game set in modern-day London was The Getaway so it's a long time coming. Although my main concern is that I don't neccesarily think London is the best setting for the kind of tone they were going for with the second (personally I think Seattle and New York City are better in that regard) so it makes me wonder how that'll pan out.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
Very excited, 2 was a good ass improvement on 1 and Ubisoft seemed to have turned a corner from where they were pushing games for the sake of it

Hopefully it can see the quality and success of Origins/Odyssey

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
All Jason really confirmed was the London setting (which we already knew). If the AC rumors are false, I see no reason to believe anything else the 'leaker' had to say.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Very excited. It's now become my most anticipated game of 2019 now that it seems the setting has all been but confirmed. Been waiting years for a modern take on London, and who better to do it than Ubisoft.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Would be great to see a London based WD, looking forward to the gameplay reveal. Wasn't a massive fan of the tone of 2 though.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
- New Character. Can choose male or female (like Far Cry 5), but same story.

I hope they mean like FC5 in the sense that you can choose a male/female character, and not in that it's handled the same way where the characters are just shells. Marcus was a cool character, so it'd suck if they went the silent protagonist route for the third game.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I really wish Watch Dogs 3 would have no lethal firearms or weapons at all

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Love Jason just casually confirming this rumor lol.

Anyway, I'm hyped! WD2 was great and contemporary London is an awesome, fresh setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.