• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
Rumour: Valve is about to announce a VR game called Half-Life: Alyx

dYwwCKptDYNpXwSL8B9FpM-970-80.jpg

Update: According to a new transcript of the leaked interview, Half-Life: Alyx will be shown at The Game Awards on December 12.
Original story: This November 19 will mark the 21st anniversary of the release of the original Half-Life, and according to rumor it will also be when Valve announce a flagship virtual reality game called Half-Life: Alyx.

Valve are rarely interested in celebrating their own game's anniversaries, so take this rumor with a mouthful of salt. The source is apparently the same leaker responsible for the DOTA Underlords leak, and is quoting from an interview between "Geoff" (Geoff Keighley, in his capacity as the creator of the "Final Hours" documentaries about Valve games), Robin Walker (co-developer of Team Fortress 2 among other games), and an unnamed third person.

"March 2020, "Half-Life: Alyx" comin' out", says Geoff in the transcript.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't care about the franchise anymore at this point. And that is completely on Valve :/

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Lines up with what VNN was talking about a few weeks ago. Prequel to Half-Life 2 centering on Alyx. 12 to 16 hour single-player campaign exclusive to SteamVR. Shame they couldn't get it out for this year but I'm genuinely excited for this.

It's going to be VR's Half-Life 2 moment. A watershed event that'll completely redefine VR gaming as we know it. Count on it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Come on, all I want is Half-Life 3 with the one and only Freeman in VR! Not some smaller spin-off game in VR. Give me the real deal to sell your VR-Headset.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Half Life Alyx sounds boring tbh. The leaked 'Epistle 3' just sounded like it would have been an excellent finale to the HL2 part of this series. Anything less would be a disappointment

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Great, I hope this will be fun for VR users. Awesome that I won't be able to experience new Half Life game cause I don't have proper space in my gaming room to even own VR :/

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is Valve testing the waters to see if it will be worth it to do Half-Life 3 with VR as the new hook.

It is up to you now, gamers.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Half Life Alyx sounds boring tbh. The leaked 'Epistle 3' just sounded like it would have been an excellent finale to the HL2 part of this series. Anything less would be a disappointment
Maybe. But the fact that this is a prequel is telling that they have no interest in continuing on from Episode 2, at least not right now.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Going to be just a VR tech demo stravaganza and all of those things.

This will be more booed trhan Roman Reigns winning the WWE Title from triple H at the main event of Wrestlemania 32.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I bet a good percentage of the gaming population don't even know who Alyx even is.

Nov 28, 2017
That's sounds like a credible VR title for PR reasons, in context that you'll control Alyx, her VO says some of her famous lines, and you can mess around in the world with the gravity gun.

The fanbase won't be interested until this has a story/SP campaign at all, or has one one that picks up post the events of Episode 2.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That's sounds like a credible VR title for PR reasons, in context that you'll control Alyx, her VO says some of her famous lines, and you can mess around in the world with the gravity gun.

The fanbase won't be interested until this has a story/SP campaign at all, or has one one that picks up post the events of Episode 2.
It's been rumored to have a 12-16 hour long campaign and is a prequel to Half-Life 2, set in the 20-year time gap between Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Single-player, story-driven and linear VR FPS.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It is a proper, full length SP HL2 prequel.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I fully do not believe this rumor. No way Valve is actually going to release a new Half-Life game, I don't even mind it not being Episode 3/Half-Life 3, but I doubt this is actually a thing.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
This is Valve testing the waters to see if it will be worth it to do Half-Life 3 with VR as the new hook.

It is up to you know, gamers.

That's not better than multimillion dollar company X asking fans to buy their overpriced, uncalled for port (mostly Switch ports etc.) to magically greenlight a more sensible game coming out. We should be above this.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
VR? Makes total sense to just not make a proper HL4 and go VR, yeah why not. Foh.

Also, truly don't care anymore about the franchise. It's ridiculous how they handled it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I fully do not believe this rumor. No way Valve is actually going to release a new Half-Life game, I don't even mind it not being Episode 3/Half-Life 3, but I doubt this is actually a thing.
Why not? Valve a few months ago stated they were gonna announce the first of their three flagship VR games with a release later in the year. It's obvious this isn't releasing in 2019 but the whole Half-Life VR rumour has existed for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.