• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Also perfect dark and rare was the sole reason I went with the 360 over ps3. But after the massive letdown that was PDZ I pretty much exclusively became a pc gamer. Give me a new Perfect dark I will be on the series X day one

PC should get all Microsoft games in the future, on both Steam and Microsoft Store.

So play wherever you're most comfortable.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That is already happening.

I was just re-stating all future games are coming to Steam and Microsoft Store. Currently some games aren't on both platforms. Forza Horizon 4, as far as I know, isn't on Steam. I expect Horizon 5 on Steam. Sea of Thieves wasn't on Steam day 1, I expect Everwild to be on Steam day 1, etc.

Feb 10, 2018
Is the initiative big enough to make a perfect dark game?

Expectations for a 3rd person action/stealth games have changed a lot since the N64 and even the 360 days.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

Expectations for a 3rd person action/stealth games have changed a lot since the N64 and even the 360 days.

The rumour / speculation is that they are collaborating with a team from the coalition (who are one of the biggest XGS studios).

There are also things such as outsourcing, which most AAA studios for these days.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't dare hope. Have been disappointed too many times hoping Perfect Dark (and Banjo) would come back..

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Not yet, they are slowly increasing studio size.

pswii60 said it well:

No chance. The team at the Initiative is still small and growing. AAA single player games usually have hundreds working on them and The Initiative is currently around only 50-60. Either TI is doing huge amounts of outsourcing, their game is still years away, or it's a smaller (AA) title.

Remember the studio is only coming up to just 2 years old now, starting from just a seed. Personal guess is they're still in pre-production, very early, will use the unveiling of the game to attract the talent required to grow the studio and complete it.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017

The rumour / speculation is that they are collaborating with a team from the coalition (who are one of the biggest XGS studios).

There are also things such as outsourcing, which most AAA studios for these days.
The Initiative is still recruiting more devs too. And if the game is set for a 2022 launch, that's still well over two more years of developent.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there a rumor floating around that The Coalition might be helping The Initiative? Or am I going crazy?

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
My fondest wish for a PD reboot has always been a first person game that plays like a more action-oriented immersive sim, but considering The Initiative's hires it'll almost certainly be third person. Hope it still feels a little imsim-y at least.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand the salt over a potential PD reboot either. MGS is more or less dead. So is Splinter Cell. No Syphon Filter either. If this is what they want to cut their teeth on as a new studio, why not let them? They have a decent amount of talent there already. It could very well end up surprising people.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
The cyberpunk angle is a bit weird. If it's Perfect Dark, I would have expected something leaning more into a slightly retro-future spy aesthetic.
My point still stands, why would Microsoft use the new studio and get the top talents from the gaming industry just to make a reboot or sequel to Perfect Dark? All that talent for a game that's at least 20 years old or so? Clearly the common sense has flown by on this thread.
It's better than using their other top talent for trudging out more Gears and Halo, far as I'm concerned.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Im glad that at least thos game seems to be sci-fi in some ways at least. Those type of settings always excite me a lot.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
The cyberpunk angle is a bit weird. If it's Perfect Dark, I would have expected something leaning more into a slightly retro-future spy aesthetic.

It's better than using their other top talent for trudging out more Gears and Halo, far as I'm concerned.
Its clever imo
PD was always about skeevy mega corps which is a fundamental pillar of cyberpunk and after cp 2077 you can guarantee cyberpunk will be in vogue

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna get all wet if Perfect Dark returns and it does it on a big way.
I have to agree. The Initiative and The Coalition sound so weird. Like an executive presidential order or something.

Thats actually a hell of a cool name for a studio.
Im already thinking of making a logo for The Presidential Order.
Imma steal the United Front style logo and make my own.
United Front was also a really cool name for a studio, I wonder where that talent went.
united_front_games.0.jpg

The tech sharing between the studios with UE4 is gonna be crazy.

Studios that use UE4 now and future games

Coalition
Compulsion
Double Fine
TI
InXile
Ninja Theory
Obsidian
Playground Games
Rare
Undead Labs

Hell yeah.
Its a legit army of great UE4 studios they can all share tech and talent and should make MS the premiere UE4 house.

I pray they have already adopted the latest builds of UE4. RT + Hair + Amazing Physics + Ninja Theorys mastery of performance capture.
Melt my eyes please!

5NTUa57.gif

vwzEK9P.gif

whpwp31l5fd8syy2kiof.gif

Unreal Nextgen is gonna be madness.
So you have a company known for basically making shit up to drum up fanbase support and you guys are all like TRUST PHIL.
Stockholm is real.

Was trolling another Xbox thread even worth the ban?
Why dont Anti-Xbox people just not enter Xbox threads....there are a ton of games I dont like, i dont bother entering those threads just to shit on them.
People are weird.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit. If that concept art is even vaguely reminiscent of what the game looks like, it could be incredible.
Art isnt from her, not sure why its included.

www.artstation.com

Eddie Mendoza

I'm a 26 year old concept artist specializing in environment world building and mech design. Clients include: Apple Netflix HBO CD Projekt Red Riot Games The Mill Adobe Epic Games Nintendo Wizards of the Coast France Public Libraries SONY Google Blur Studio Red Bull Netease Mitsubishi...

Kwyjibo

Oct 31, 2017
This sounds great. A potential full series reboot In a new style and setting is very exciting.

However, the amount of shitposting in this thread is unreal.

Why is it when ANYTHING relating to Xbox/MS with new or old games - so many posters are falling over themselves to be critical over any detail they can hold on to.

A new IP/Iconic IP reboot is great news.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
The original game has a 97 on Metacritic.

This is a series that has massive potential given the capabilities of the developers and the hardware we have today.

Plus, another female led Xbox IP would be great to see.