• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not enough cups in the world to hold the tears of joy for the villain finally getting what's coming to him.

Yeah fuck that guy for saving Ellie from the incompetent, delusional, stuck up Fireflies.

How ANYONE could side with the Fireflies after how they treated Joel at the end is beyond me, they had no reason to treat the guy who delivered the potential cure for humanity like shit.

Plus there's no guarantee that they'd be able to create a cure and even if they did, then they'd fuck up trying to get it to people and probably all end up getting killed, losing the cure forever.

Fuck the fireflies.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
folks saying they hope sony has stuff in store for ps5.... remember ghost of tsushima, god of war 2, horizon 2, spiderman 2, new IPs, a possible Socom reboot, and more

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Normal box art
Normal boxart with banner saying day one or whatever
Steelbook edition
Collector Edition with statue.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 and FF7R will be taking my time the rest including last of us will have to wait. Probably will end up getting last of us as a PS5 game tbh.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah fuck that guy for saving Ellie from the incompetent, delusional, stuck up Fireflies.

How ANYONE could side with the Fireflies after how they treated Joel at the end is beyond me, they had no reason to treat the guy who delivered the potential cure for humanity like shit.

Plus there's no guarantee that they'd be able to create a cure and even if they did, then they'd fuck up trying to get it to people and probably all end up getting killed, losing the cure forever.

Fuck the fireflies.

For real.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
LITERALLY just finished talking to my fiance how I hope Last of Us 2 has an Ellie statue to put next to my Aloy & Kratos/Atreus statues. This is amazing.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's ludicrously expensive or the statue/bonus sucks I am all in on the most expensive version assuming it doesn't sell out instantly.

What's the best way to stay alerted to editions going up for pre-order?

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The last LE I'm going to put any effort into getting. After Fire Emblem, Death Stranding and Cyberpunk, I am done chasing these things.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be cool if they included a temporary tattoo of what Ellie has inked on her arm. You'd get a lot of people on social media showing off their TLoU2 temp tat. Tons of free marketing.

It's actually pretty crazy how many people already have that tattoo given that the game isn't even out yet

38882105_258065928170bvktb.jpg

de35sdpw4aavpchddjdt.jpg

dqpued-voaakyh8jkkbx.jpg

y6b464dyoba01ybjeh.jpg

tumblr_pcp1l4hwce1rvcywjhz.jpg

5f9a95202f43388ec3407s0j1a.jpg

tumblr_pj34yddas21qi1qdk5w.jpg

de3gzu5ueaegcxvijkgm.jpg

lb8kzcvogamy2zkj0.jpg

dnupyrqw0ai3x-01cjr9.jpg

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be getting that Ellie Edition (whatever it ends up being) day 1 for sure. Between that, the Cyberpunk CE, and the FF VII Remake 1st Class Edition, I'm gonna be out of quite a bit of money, lol.

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"I got the Ellie edition but all that's in here is a knife, someone's face, and a bloody guitar."

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Well, at that point I might as well wait for the inevitable PS5 version.

... A couple years later because I'm sure as hell not going to buy a PS5 at launch after the PS4.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Beyond sold 2.8M copies, as of june 2018 and if you include the PlayStation remastered. For comparison, Heavy Rain is at 5.3M (nearly two times more) and Detroit did 3M in less than one year.

Yeah I agree, the game probably was a mistake, but it doesn't mean that it was a good idea to release it during the last year of PlayStation 3.
I know, but another factor, Beyond is comfortably the worst received one out of the 3, it still sold very well (the games have relatively small budgets). Heavy Rain was a mega hit. And Detroit was better marketed and much better received. It'd have got a launch day boost sure, but I doubt it'd sell much more than 2.8m. Look a KZ Shadowfall or Ryse, a mediocre launch title isn't guaranteed to be a mega hit.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine the Ellie Edition will feature a statue of Ellie slitting Joel's throat.