• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
– zombies are wearing knight armor & wield swords
The_hell_you_talking_about.gif

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Like real witches? or people claiming to have heard/seen witches(via diaries/lore) that turn out to be humans that contracted a virus? Because lol at the former. 🥴😂

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm in the TPS rather than FPS camp. I think RE7 was a neat experiment, but I'd hate the series to stick with this formula. A lot of the scripted events in RE7 felt cheap, even moreso on repeat playthroughs. I get that it's scarier and more immersive, but RE4 wouldn't be the same in FPS. Reading all these rumours give me the impression Capcom might be chasing the RE4/RE3.5 glory with a totally different focus.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Smaller than RE4's castle" isnt very promising when the castle is maybe a third of RE4s length

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Holy shit, I was JUST talking with my friends about why nobody has done a medieval survival horror/zombie game yet. This isn't quite at that level, but it seems close. I really hope that leak is true. I personally think it sounds awesome.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I hope all these rumors are true, it sounds way more fun and exciting than 7 to me. Go full Condemned 2 and let me fight zombie bears on meth in first person melee rage meltdowns.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
First batch had me interested, second batch has me worried.
Zombies in knight armor with swords? Action focus? Kind hope that the game actually was rebooted now.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
So now people are saying that they didn't scrap it?

This is why I usually don't trust any insiders and wait for the official reveal.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
While I'd love to see what Jill and the others are up to as well, it does make sense for Chris to be in this one considering his small, but significant role in RE7. That doesn't mean other established characters couldn't be involved too, though. And with Ethan Winters back as the main protagonist, I'd assume he joined Chris as a part of the newly established Umbrella Corporation.

I like a lot of what I'm reading here, except for the part about the game being more in the vein of Chris' DLC chapter. I liked it as DLC, but please don't let the entire game be like that. That's them heading towards Resident Evil being more action-y again. Let the majority of the game be like the first half of RE7, RE2, and RE1 with some action pieces here and there and more puzzles and mysteries to uncover and they'll have a really good game.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they are trying get the RE4 lightning in a bottle with the fps oriented RE.

I wish this wasn't leaked as it all may seem undercooked to discuss it right now considering a 2022 or beyond release.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly id be okay with whatever camera style they choose. I love re7 and re2make equally so i wouldnt be let down in first or third person

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm really not liking what I'm hearing here. RE4 vibes is amazing but not as Ethan. Ughhh just no.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Between here and other sites, i'm surprised most of the complaints are falling on

- First Person
- Ethan Returning

Seems a lot of people are more open to a "weird" RE, especially after faith being restored with RE7/2 and what I assume is people wanting some variety after those titles.

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
For the love of god, they need to maintain the horror focus. At least give us one more horror game in the series before you plunge the series into a second dark age, Capcom.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
RE 4 was part of a dark age?

Resident Evil 4 was a Trojan Horse. It was a great game, but it did away with some of the most compelling elements of Resident Evil, while tripling down on camp (which had already gotten out of hand with Code Veronica). So yeah, it paved the way to the dark age (even if I did enjoy it quite a bit at the time and still find it to be a solid game).

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I still say we're on the best timeline for how things went. RE4 was a required change for the series and played a large part in the franchise not dying while a lot of other did. Granted, they could've definitely done better with appealing to both types of fans rather than the "It's one style or nothing" and I think going forward they'll stick to that.

Oct 31, 2017
Man I'm just a casual RE fan but FPS in 7 was amazing and TPS in REmake 2 was amazing so I'm happy with whatever they throw at us. And considering I'm throwing down for a Valve Index this year, I'll happily load this bad boy up on it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Had RE4 been another Fixed Camera horror title, we might not even be talking about RE8 right now.
People really underestimate how close to the chopping block the series had gotten after Outbreak and REmake/RE0 performance

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Between here and other sites, i'm surprised most of the complaints are falling on

- First Person
- Ethan Returning

Seems a lot of people are more open to a "weird" RE, especially after faith being restored with RE7/2 and what I assume is people wanting some variety after those titles.
Yeah everything but Ethan returning sounds great. They're gonna need to make him a new character basically to get me attached. I don't dislike him, but he's just so bland

First person isn't my preference for RE, but it's not a deal breaker

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Those new rumors... don't really know what to think, not a huge fan.

I've been saying the same thing for ages, we don't know anything about her aside that mail from Rev2... maybe she'll appear in the other rumored game that Dusk talked about.

I would be so happy with another Jill game.... better yet a Jill/Claire duel scenario would be so amazing.