• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Well, if you log on and check at the exact millisecond they are put up you may SEE them. Will you get one? Different story
Nah. The bots have overrun Amazon. Nobody is going to get one from there unless Amazon goes live with thousands of them. Which clearly isn't happening if stock we've seen so far is any indication. Nobody is hording stock; everyone is selling everything they get as soon as they can get it on their sites.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
" The plans for GeForce RTX 3060 Ti remain unchanged. The PG190 SKU 10 remains on track for mid-November launch. NVIDIA has not yet confirmed the exact launch date."

Well, at least that's intact.

Oct 25, 2017
People like things.
Consumerism outta control.
People on this very forum wanted the more VRAM versions because reasons.

I know people with gaming computers that have 32 and 64GB RAM, why? Because, they could buy it.
Do you atleast stream a bunch or do anything that might eat up all that RAM?
Yeah I play videogames while listening to music.
With system ram I could see the point, because you have a significant amount of control over its usage in comparison to vram. If someone told me they were building a primarily gaming rig with 64GB of ram, I wouldn't balk at all. As 32GB user I can think of at least half a dozen things that could utilize 64GB while playing a game. Paired with an appropriate cpu of course.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
With system ram I could see the point, because you have a significant amount of control over its usage in comparison to vram. If someone told me they were building a primarily gaming rig with 64GB of ram, I wouldn't balk at all. As 32GB user I can think of at least half a dozen things that could utilize 64GB while playing a game. Paired with an appropriate cpu of course.
64GB of RAM while playing a game?

You know my curiosity has been piqued now....what pray tell are these things people are doing with their gaming rigs that they need 64GB of RAM, while gaming?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Actually lol'd at this. Probably the right move if true, since the previous rumor if true, was stupid. Most everything regarding this rushed ramshackle launch has been.

The MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 has definitely had supply issues in Sweden. I ordered one within the minute it was available to order, my queue position is somewhere in the lower double digits, and I have waited over a month now. But it looks like things are about to get less miserable and I'll get one before November, as Webhallen claims 40 are incoming and getting sent out before October 31st.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Usually fairly good. From memory in this case we saw a retailer or OEM leak a listing with the double VRAM variants.

That's correct. It was the Gigabyte models in question. It was for the Watchdogs: Legion redemption code for specific 3000 series cards eligible for the offer. Some of the cards on the list was 3070 16GB and 3080 20GB variants.

The odd part is the promo to redeem Watchdogs: Legion supposedly expires on October 29th, you would think those GPU variants would have released before hand for folks to take advantage of the promo period.

I guess plans have changed and it's not happening now.

Oct 29, 2017
That's correct. It was the Gigabyte models in question. It was for the Watchdogs: Legion redemption code for specific 3000 series cards eligible for the offer. Some of the cards on the list was 3070 16GB and 3080 20GB variants.

The odd part is the promo to redeem Watchdogs: Legion supposedly expires on October 29th, you would think those GPU variants would have released before hand for folks to take advantage of the promo period.

I guess plans have changed and it's not happening now.

Galax did a presentation showing the two variants that was leaked too. It was definitely a thing at one point.

Oct 25, 2017
64GB of RAM while playing a game?

You know my curiosity has been piqued now....what pray tell are these things people are doing with their gaming rigs that they need 64GB of RAM, while gaming?
Well, here's what I do every day/week/month this year:
F@H 24/7 (1, 2)
Tab hoarding.
Play Tekken 7 or Play Half-Life Alyx or some other VR game.
Play other normal games that come along like Halo Flights or COD Betas. More intensive than Tekken.

Other Misc things I have done previously while gaming:
-Ram disk for Max quality shadowplay recordings. About 1 gig a minute. This is scalable to more ram and quality reductions while applicable
-Doing my own spin on a freely available fluid sim as one part of a bigger render. I only had 16GB at the time and that barely worked. I had compromise the sim a lot, it had a lot of errors. This is what it looked like at the end if you're curious.
-Ram disk for games - this looks like a big WTF, but I've seen some improvements over even Samsung sata SSDs in older games like original Crysis games and BIG improvements in emulators like RPCS3 when they compile shaders.

Obviously, I'm not doing all of that at the same time, but I've done enough to feel that 64GB for a primarily gaming rig could be useful *to me* over the 5-8 year lifetime of a pc. Not for every gamer of course, they'll be fine with 16GB until maybe 2022/2023.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Well, here's what I do every day/week/month this year:
F@H 24/7 (1, 2)
Tab hoarding.
Play Tekken 7 or Play Half-Life Alyx or some other VR game.
Play other normal games that come along like Halo Flights or COD Betas. More intensive than Tekken.

Other Misc things I have done previously while gaming:
-Ram disk for Max quality shadowplay recordings. About 1 gig a minute. This is scalable to more ram and quality reductions while applicable
-Doing my own spin on a freely available fluid sim as one part of a bigger render. I only had 16GB at the time and that barely worked. I had compromise the sim a lot, it had a lot of errors. This is what it looked like at the end if you're curious.
-Ram disk for games - this looks like a big WTF, but I've seen some improvements over even Samsung sata SSDs in older games like original Crysis games and BIG improvements in emulators like RPCS3 when they compile shaders.

Obviously, I'm not doing all of that at the same time, but I've done enough to feel that 64GB for a primarily gaming rig could be useful over the 5-8 year lifetime of a pc. Not for every gamer of course, they'll be fine with 16GB until maybe 2022/2023.

I got about halfway when I started laughing at how niche a thing your post is.

These are things people do while gaming?

Oct 29, 2017
Make up rumour, make up second rumour about cancellation of first rumour, profit.
c66bWny_d.webp

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Just to give the f

Yeah it's super super niche, most just have a couple chrome tabs open, discord, maybe Spotify and that's it

Yeah, Even I have 32GB of ram and it isn't used for ANY gaming scenario but when I'm doing video editing. The only scenario when I surpass even 16GB of ram when gaming is during a huge populated city playing Cities Skylines, but I've never ran into any case in which excessive amounts of ram helped with anything. Not even with high end Skyrim modding with 4K texture and shader mods have I ever went beyond the 8GB ram usage on my RTX 2080, and once I get my RTX 3080 I doubt it will change much.

The usage case scenario of someone actually NEEDING 64GB for gaming is a niche of a niche. When you are running that much stuff in the background when playing games it's not really dedicated memory for gaming becomes so moot to the level of being extraneously pointless.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Make sense if they are struggling with manufacturing 3080 and yield with gddr6x already. Why spread your resources even thinner than it already is now, can make 2 3080 with that 20gigs of ram than 1.

TheNerdyOne

Oct 28, 2017
The leaks all point to a card that is between a 3070 and 3080 in pure performance. We won't know for certain until 28th though
https://www.igorslab.de/en/the-can-...-works-oc-may-maybe-a-glance-in-bios-details/ this post aged like milk, AIB 6800XTs are ~2.57ghz out of the box.... the middle card in the stack is freakin 23.75TF.... rdna2 is a monster and anyone that thinks its barely going to beat a 2080Ti is in for a rude awakening, considering just how much of a leap this is over the 9.5TF 5700XT on a similar architecture. So it has nearly twice as many shaders, and its clocked nearly 700mhz higher, and yet its barely gonna be 30 - 40% faster than the 5700XT? like really?

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
https://www.igorslab.de/en/the-can-...-works-oc-may-maybe-a-glance-in-bios-details/ this post aged like milk, AIB 6800XTs are ~2.57ghz out of the box.... the middle card in the stack is freakin 23.75TF.... rdna2 is a monster and anyone that thinks its barely going to beat a 2080Ti is in for a rude awakening, considering just how much of a leap this is over the 9.5TF 5700XT on a similar architecture. So it has nearly twice as many shaders, and its clocked nearly 700mhz higher, and yet its barely gonna be 30 - 40% faster than the 5700XT? like really?
Did you read the whole paragraph?

This very special board partner card sets the GPU clock to 2.577 MHz. If one converts this into the experiences with Navi10, then temporarily still approx. 2.3 to 2.4 GHz maximum "boost" clock should remain. Real under load this could still be between 2.1 and 2.3 GHz "gaming" clock. Depending on cooling and load scenario. Although this is still quite speculative, it is quite plausible. We already know the DPM states for the memory and it will also be an important task to make the timings editable in the Red BIOS Editor (RBE).

This doesn't sound like a 2.57ghz gaming clock to me at all, but we'll see in about a week.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
game clock on a 5700XT is only 1755mhz, but nearly all aib 5700XTs actually run during games about as high as the turbo clock, and way higher than the "game clock" these days.
m03zplP.png
I'm not getting into your guesses on this, I've already seen what you think in other threads. It would be great if you'd agree that you tend to focus on the more optimistic side of things while we all wait for real numbers. I only responded to you claiming that AIB's absolutely will be ~2.57GHz out of the box, which is not only no more than a guess but also doesn't even agree with the article you posted.

TheNerdyOne

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not getting into your guesses on this, I've already seen what you think in other threads. It would be great if you'd agree that you tend to focus on the more optimistic side of things while we all wait for real numbers. I only responded to you claiming that AIB's absolutely will be ~2.57GHz out of the box, which is not only no more than a guess but also doesn't even agree with the article you posted.
at least one aib card is 2.57ghz turbo out of the box, according to the bios he was sent. sustained turbo may be lower, but my statement is accurate. its no longer a guess, rdna2 clockspeeds are absolutely mind blowing, and any attempts to claim its barely 2080Ti tier like i keep seeing on this forum are utterly absurd. The perf/flop scaling would have to be the worst of any gpu in history, worse than even ampere, to NOT utterly demolish a 2080Ti here.

Oct 28, 2017
at least one aib card is 2.57ghz turbo out of the box, according to the bios he was sent. sustained turbo may be lower, but my statement is accurate. its no longer a guess, rdna2 clockspeeds are absolutely mind blowing, and any attempts to claim its barely 2080Ti tier like i keep seeing on this forum are utterly absurd. The perf/flop scaling would have to be the worst of any gpu in history, worse than even ampere, to NOT utterly demolish a 2080Ti here.

The BIOS report is never anywhere near real world results for RDNA though, so you're just spouting complete fantasy.

TheNerdyOne

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Previously had shorter bans for of platform warring, continued thread derailment, and hostility towards other members.
The BIOS report is never anywhere near real world results for RDNA though, so you're just spouting complete fantasy.

the 6800XT will be at least 30% faster than a 2080Ti on average at at least one resolution. There is no fantasy involved. Feel free to dismiss me out of hand if you like, or even belittle me, i'll be sure to quote you and anyone else who's gone out of their way to attack or dismiss me once reviews come out and prove i'm right. In the meantime, i'll continue to post new news as its found and offer whatever commentary i like on it thank you.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
This is the launch that just keeps on delivering.

You know, everything except for the actual cards themselves.

Oct 28, 2017
the 6800XT will be at least 30% faster than a 2080Ti on average at at least one resolution. There is no fantasy involved. Feel free to dismiss me out of hand if you like, or even belittle me, i'll be sure to quote you and anyone else who's gone out of their way to attack or dismiss me once reviews come out and prove i'm right. In the meantime, i'll continue to post new news as its found and offer whatever commentary i like on it thank you.

You're the one who picked up a ban for your aggression and rabid fanaticism last time, please remember.

TheNerdyOne

Oct 28, 2017
You're the one who picked up a ban for your aggression and rabid fanaticism last time, please remember.

i'm not being agressive, i'm posting new news as relevant to the discussion at hand. making fun of someone for having gotten banned isn't very mature, or very nice either. please refrain from personal attacks, or i will report you. I wasn't even talking to you, you weren't even active in the discussion anywhere on this page and you came directly at me solely to belittle me, that's pretty agressive and i'll ask you to back off thanks.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i saw that one retailer's stats showing nvidia's only filled less than 7% of preorders and AIBs are only sending a dozen cards a week.
As someone who's been trying to get a 3080 since launch, yuuuuuuuup! I believe it. I've seen similar as well. I can only hope that something drastic happens where they get a huge amount of stock in shortly or people opt for AMD's offering instead (assuming that it isn't a disaster as well).

Oct 27, 2017
are there any people jumping to AMD side all because of these stupid paper launch issues?
If AMD puts out a comparable/competitive product to the RTX 3080 then, yeah, I would definitely consider it but if that becomes a reality then those cards are going to be extremely hard to come by as well.

I owned the 9700/9800 Pro and x800 series of cards from ATI and they were all great cards sans for the x800 not supporting shader (?) 3.0 I believe it was but the 9700 Pro was one of the best video cards ever.

It would absolutely be good for the tech and the industry for NVIDIA to have competition again.

Oct 28, 2017
i'm not being agressive, i'm posting new news as relevant to the discussion at hand. making fun of someone for having gotten banned isn't very mature, or very nice either. please refrain from personal attacks, or i will report you.

I'm not making fun of you, I'm simply asking you to temper the patent agenda you have. You attacked everyone at the slightest whim last time, and it gets really tiring.

TheNerdyOne

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who's been trying to get a 3080 since launch, yuuuuuuuup! I believe it. I've seen similar as well. I can only hope that something drastic happens where they get a huge amount of stock in shortly or people opt for AMD's offering instead (assuming that it isn't a disaster as well).
i have no idea what the primary cause for 3080 stock being non existent is. whether its chip yields or gddr6x availability, its really bad, probably the worst i can remember in terms of how few cards are going out. If yields are as bad as they seem to be, one has to wonder why nvidia even bothered to launch at all with things in the state they're in, the bad PR has to take its toll, but i guess they had to weigh that against an rdna2 that clearly isn't fucking around and take the fewest lumps possible in the long run?

If nvidia knew it was going to have basically no gpus to ship, i have to wonder why they didn't just go with tsmc n7 over samsung and at least be able to ship a much faster card from the get go, because it seems like the worst possible combination of decisions was made with this entire launch.

Last edited:

TheNerdyOne

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not making fun of you, I'm simply asking you to temper the patent agenda you have. You attacked everyone at the slightest whim last time, and it gets really tiring.

sorry, i just got back on here, posted new, relevant news that nobody had posted, and was immediately jumped on about what happened before, so i'm a bit defensive about it. if i was hostile to you it wasn't deliberate. I have no agenda, both conversations i got involved in regarding rdna2 have been me posting new, major information to the forum that nobody else posted, and tons of people falling over themselves to explain that amd couldnt possibly be competitive in any way because its amd or whatever. I'm an amd fan, this is true, i never said otherwise.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Great news, I can wait until next year some time after Xmas to maybe upgrade.

No urgent rush. Not like many games really take advantage of the new tech yet.
The games aren't going anywhere, and by the time the cards are more available there will be more games released that take advantage of the next tech. More card options might be available and the price might come down.

TheNerdyOne

Oct 28, 2017
Great news, I can wait until next year some time after Xmas to maybe upgrade.

No urgent rush. Not like many games really take advantage of the new tech yet.
The games aren't going anywhere, and by the time the cards are more available there ebe more games released that take advantage of the next tech. More card options might be available and the price might come down.

yeah, card availability should definitely improve over time. It looks like its going to be a few months before nvidia fills all the preorders though and you can reliably just go to whatever etailer you prefer and just buy one at any time. i'm super hyped for all the big upcoming 2021 titles though.

GhostofWar

Apr 5, 2019
On the whole supply situation, EVGA said this launch has been their highest demand ever and that the supply isn't the worst either. I guess we wont see the full picture until nvidias next finacial report, so many conflicting rumors/stories.

youtu.be

HW News - RTX 3080 Inventory Numbers, New RTX GPU, Intel 11th Gen Desktop, Razer Credit Card

Hardware news this week talks about how 9/17 orders for RTX cards still haven't shipped, also the A6000 & A40 GPUs, Intel's 11900K, and Razer's cringe-worthy...