• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That was the plot twist many people thought one of the first game's trailers hinted at
Well that's because ND purposefully inserted a fake scene into the trailer for the first game juxtaposed against footage of Ellie aiming a gun....:
maxresdefault.jpg

a916

Oct 25, 2017
With Sony bowing out of E3 I legit expected nothing from them this summer... two trailers of their two biggest exclusives is beyond my expectations.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
There were games that carried over from last gen, I remember getting Journey PS4 version for free because I had it on PS3 I think there were others as well. Not sure what Sony will do when it comes to the PS5 version of TLoU2 though.

Really? Journey was free? Well, sure hope you're right. It would be awesome, especially if they really get some good enhancements. Wish I could hold of playing TLoU2 and wait for the PS5, but since it's one of my favorite games of all time, I'm there day one.

Dude please leave Uncharted 2 out of this or you're only salty for whatever reason.

Salt? What? Just saying games in development don't automatically look better when they're further in development.

?

PS4 Pro and Xbox One X is all the indication I need to know they won't charge consumers for enhanced versions on PS5 and nextbox.

Remasters will remain a thing but I doubt you'll see anything remastered from the 8th gen for next gen.

Hope you're right, but one does them for free (which I'm sure they wouldn't do if they were leading the gen) and the other one does not support BC and releases remasters that you have to pay for.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ZhugeEX still hasn't came here to deny this rumor. It's happening!

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spaniards are not good sources for anything
I'm Spanish

Pleas be real 👐

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I don't think it will happen. And even if it were, it would be strange to drop a trailer in the same week they show more info on another first party game.

Next week would be way more realistic.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to join Team 2019 but I still just don't see it. Team #Spring2020.

Oct 27, 2017
Enhanced patches are free on both Pro machines :s
Exactly. Remasters are going to be in a very interesting situation next gen. Because if you have publishers this gen pushing out free patches upgrading games from 1080P to 4K or sometimes even 900P to 4K on the One X (and some like Dishonored 2 had better texture, draw distance and more like a remaster), it's going to be a tough sell to expect customer to drop $60 dollars on another copy at what would assuredly be 4K again.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Last of Us is 2020 game. no matter what they announce, i truly believe it will be pushed back to 2020 if announced for 2019.

PeterLegend

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It should launch this year with the inevitable Mastered 8K version for PS5 for 2020 launch lol

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Exactly. Remasters are going to be in a very interesting situation next gen. Because if you have publishers this gen pushing out free patches upgrading games from 1080P to 4K or sometimes even 900P to 4K on the One X (and some like Dishonored 2 had better texture, draw distance and more like a remaster), it's going to be a tough sell to expect customer to drop $60 dollars on another copy at what would assuredly be 4K again.

Yep, I share the same opinion.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was thinking about making a thread about this new dilemma but I fear the answer usually is if there's money to be made it will likely happen. Still, if the next gen consoles are backwards compatible it will be really hard to sell people on the idea that they have to rebuy the game for a mere resolution and fps upgrade.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If they really announce the release date this week it's gonna be 2019

Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima next year

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Feels like there is room for a 10 minute State of Play showing off the big three.

I wonder why they didn't just wait and have Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and like a few surprises like Resident Evil 3 remake or something in a 20-30 minute thing like the week before E3. Oh well :P We will get trailers either way.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
If they really announce the release date this week it's gonna be 2019

Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima next year
Yeah, considering it wont be at a conference, if they reveal any window or date this early in the year (even though we are halfway through it), it would be a date for this year. Otherwise they wouldnt just blog post trailer mention in June 2019 that the game is coming out 16+ months from that point.

Oct 25, 2017
Last of Us is 2020 game. no matter what they announce, i truly believe it will be pushed back to 2020 if announced for 2019.
Yes.

I am sure they are giving it their all to hit 2019 but they will need those few extra months. The God of War documentary has shown us how crucial those last few months can be. It is the difference between the game being a mess or polished.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like there is room for a 10 minute State of Play showing off the big three.

I wonder why they didn't just wait and have Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and like a few surprises like Resident Evil 3 remake or something in a 20-30 minute thing like the week before E3. Oh well :P We will get trailers either way.
FFVIIR at last State of Play was obvious a synergy between Square Enix and Sony: Square let them have a tease to both whet our appetites to drum up interest for their E3 conference while also reminding people its coming to PS4 (something sorely needed since this year Sony wont be attending).

It was a master move if I ever saw one becase it got people crazy excited and talking abuout the game during a relatively low key period in the year that lets them hog all the attention. I know Im way more excited about Square's conference now than i was before that SoP.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
FFVIIR at last State of Play was obvious a synergy between Square Enix and Sony: Square let them have a tease to both whet our appetites to drum up interest for their E3 conference while also reminding people its coming to PS4 (something sorely needed since this year Sony wont be attending).

It was a master move if I ever saw one becase it got people crazy excited and talking abuout the game during a relatively low key period in the year that lets them hog all the attention. I know Im way more excited about Square's conference now than i was before that SoP.
Definitely. Now I just hope it is more than an extended 5 minute trailler.

Ideally, it is a situation similar to FF XV uncovered, but far shorter, (20-30 minutes on FFVIIR character promos, information, trailer, and gameplay. and also surrounded by the typical updated FF nextgen techdemo or tease for the next luminous game, and also the DragonQuest reveal that got announced recently plus Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC.