• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Some people are saying not Insomniac because it is too big or their Ratchet and Clank IP, but here I am saying Sunset Overdrive 2 here we come!

It would be cool it if was them and I don't think their previous IP would stop them if Sony does not want to build on them.

I also do not think it means that they will take the IP with them but I have no clue who owns it. If Sony they can easily keep it and put Knacks people on it.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To reiterate what I've said in the other thread: it is more than likely Ready at Dawn.

They've essentially been benched by Sony after The Order flopped. They're not getting another shot at a big title any time soon it would seem like. They're based in Irvine, California, which puts them next to Obsidian and close to inXile.

Supermassive and Quantic Dream could be tempted but they're quite successful and presumably happy with their arrangements with Sony.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if it's kadokawa / from software i will cry
Kadokawa is a billion dollar company and this would never happen.

You literally just cited a Nintendo exclusive franchise, so how are they a studio that's traditionally worked with Sony?
Because people saying this have no idea what they're talking about. L5 is a private company, works more with Nintendo and literally makes no sense to be bought by a company that targets a completely different audience from "japanese families/kids". These buyout threads are always full of fanfics.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
housemarque probably needs it the most. they'll likely be dead not long after their battle royal game launches.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't care if its Ready at Dawn, if it's any of the others mentioned in the OP Imma be upset.

"that historically worked together with PlayStation a bit ."
It was in the past and and they didn't work all the time with Sony. It can't be Quantic Dream since all Quantic Dream games (except Nomad Souls) were released on PlayStation and the company released games only for Sony since Heavy Rain and they are very close together with Sony providing tech for them. I don't think the company is mid-sized too. It can't be Insomniac since it is almost as big and important as ND.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of anyone else besides Ready at Dawn/Housemarque

rip Ready At Dawn.
Can't be Supermassive because they're already working on multiple exclusives. Insomniac is basically gonna be Sony's in like 3 years or less. Can't think of any other studio. It's also super funny that Microsoft finally realized they have more money than talent, so now they are buying everything they can

the salt

Housemarquee is not a medium size studio. they are really small.

Same about Ready at Dawn.

They are more than 50 people so that fits the mid-sized criteria of MS. Compulsion Games/Undead Labs are both mid-sized studios, you know.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
It's not Insomniac or From Software.

The former is having success with Spider-Man, the latter is owned by Kadokawa games.
Just think about studios that worked on PS exclusives.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it's ready at dawn. Their body of work isn't that great. Wouldn't make sense to acquire them.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Ready at Dawn. I like them, unfortunate they'll stop being on PS. I actually liked The Order and am really interested in their vr title.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
QD is an interesting option as well. Was Detroit a financial success for them? I've heard mixed things.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how reliable this guy is, but I'm pretty interested to see what MS does next gen, I'm most likely doing X/PS next gen instead of N/PS.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Ready at Dawn. I hated The Order but I could totally see that kind of game working on Gamepass. If it's Supermassive tho, that'd be a great catch.

rip Ready At Dawn.
Can't be Supermassive because they're already working on multiple exclusives. Insomniac is basically gonna be Sony's in like 3 years or less. Can't think of any other studio. It's also super funny that Microsoft finally realized they have more money than talent, so now they are buying everything they can
Smh MS. Go and start your own new studios you cowards. Tho they can have Ready at Dawn.
I don't use salt irl but BOY does the internet provide me of plenty.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good lord. Microsoft is going to have more studios than anyone in the world. The rate they're going they might pass Nintendo and Sony combined lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna call it: I expect half of those studios to be closed down in a few years after one failure. Compulsion Games, Obsidian, IO Interactive (rumor) and RaD (rumor) are four studios that recently produced games that didn't sell at all.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I would have to wager that it's Ready at Dawn, they could really use a buy out given the way The Order and Deformers went over. I suppose I could see Supermassive too though, they don't really any reason to stay PlayStation exclusive and their last few releases haven't gone over too well either.

Deleted member 24417

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't care about Ready at Dawn and QD but I love Housemarque, MS acquiring them would make me really sad :/

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna guess Supermassive. They've had more hits than Ready at Dawn and people like their games more.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
You guys need to stop saying Insomniac. They have made it pretty clear that they want to stay independent and they're hardly "mid-sized".

Oct 31, 2017
Its naughty dog. Phil you genius

I dunno why, but the last part made me laugh harder than I would have thought.

Level-5 is not mid-sized. Also, they're their own publishers.

Before I forget, what's with the "extended leave" title?

I kinda want it to be From, even though it won't be, just for the chaos lol.

Sounds like a reasonable hope.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Quantic Dream would be a hell of a get for Microsoft, and really fill in that spot in their portfolio for more narrative driven games.

That said, as most of you said, it's probably just Ready at Dawn, which I wouldn't see as that much of a get personally. They seem a bit afraid to go big again after The Order and the disaster that game was.

Jun 7, 2018
Smh MS. Go and start your own new studios you cowards. Tho they can have Ready at Dawn.
They did, a few of them. But regardless, I kind of dig the talent over at RAD.

Quantic Dream would be a hell of a get for Microsoft, and really fill in that spot in their portfolio for more narrative driven games.

That said, as most of you said, it's probably just Ready at Dawn, which I wouldn't see as that much of a get personally. They seem a bit afraid to go big again after The Order and the disaster that game was.

I was thinking about picking this game up, what's the matter with it?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Why do some of you celebrate MS buying companies when they never do anything with them and usually make them worse

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Ready at Dawn makes sense. I don't see it being Quantic Dream, MS probably doesn't want that toxicity to become their problem.

Why does Microsoft buy so much stuff?
Their last management at the end of last gen/start of this one fucked up and shut down, sold or just drove the talent away from many of their studios so they need to rebuild. When you have that kind of money and we've had a massive indie resurgence in the last couple of gens it just makes more sense to buy studios than to build new ones.

If nothing else MS just needs content. They're doubling down Game Pass because it's doing so well and going into next gen if they come out with a console that doesn't fuck up like the XB1 did, has Game Pass with a ton of content at launch and then a very clear and transparent lineup of new games from well known studios? They at the very least will come out swinging and will make next gen a lot less one sided than this gen.

Honestly, i'm super excited for next gen because of things like this. MS have some solid management just now, Sony are making some bizarre choices and Nintendo is back in the game with the Switch.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supermassive is working on that horror anthology game series right now aren't they? My best is on them. They have a great track record for releasing games quickly, and I love their approach to stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.