• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whaddaya think, ERA? Will we see Metroid 5 and WarioWare Switch at Nintendo's Direct?

• Both of them, yes.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Metroid 5, only.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • WarioWare Switch only.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • None of them.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I 100% believe this leak. A new 2D Metroid was rumored to be in development for Switch last year, accoring to the leaker who correctly said that 2 Metroid games will be announced at E3 2017.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Vestan, tell us if a Nintendo lawyer shows up at your house. That way we'll know if there is some legitimacy to this.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
2D platforming/metroidvanias my most hated genre yet my favorite console is getting awful lot of it. Smh.

I have zero hopes for WarioWare either. Probably gonna be a wiggle waggle without a handheld mode. Hope I'm wrong and it's much more accessible game like WW Gold.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
An original Metroid fron MercuryStream? Oh hell yes, Samus Returns was a great game being held back by its status as a remake of a not-as-great game.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I want a WarioWare Switch so badly. There's so many different possibilities available to the team with the Switch's capabilities and ways they could take the franchise, please tell me this is real.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WarioWare Switch.

LET IT HAPPEN.
EagerLiveAmberpenshell-size_restricted.gif

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I must be out of touch but Vergeben is now reliable? LMAO

flare

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Leaks have largely been on point. Hopefully a new 2D Metroid is real though, give us something new... no more remakes.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
"New Contra game is isometric but fully 3D and doesn't look that great"
vadernoooooooo.gif

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I must be out of touch but Vergeben is now reliable? LMAO
Are you really going to ignore the fact that everything he called in the OP was legit? I'm not calling him anything, I just want to entertain the idea of a Metroid 5 and WarioWare Switch which definitely seems realistic.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
"Guy that looks like John Wick"

You know, this reminds me of when people would create fake leaks for Smash and say "a friend playtested it" and then mentions some characters only by description that are pretty obvious to someone who's a Smash fan so they can connect the dots ("He said he played as a girl version of Diddy Kong with blonde hair").

Crazy that it WAS Keanu in the end.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
The suggestion is that it's a 2D Metroid, not Metroid Prime.

Metroid
Metroid 2
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

and now whatever this is...
In fact, it seems plausible that they also drastically expedited development of Metroid 5 as part remedy for the Prime 4 situation... so the leak does make sense.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Metroid 5 is the only game on there that's a "maybe", so I'm sweating bullets. It would make E3 for me.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't trust Verg at all, we'll see though

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid 5 is a nonsense name, so if its true it likely isn't actually called that but it gives me reason to doubt now that Verge isn't mixing the BS from the leak with his own brand of garbage. Metroid hasn't been numbered in decades.

Not even Samus Returns was called "Metroid 2".

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Don't curse the possibility of WarioWare Switch by lumping it in with Metroid, the cursed franchise.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I want a proper sequel to Fusion so badly. :(

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
ZhugeEX you said verg losts his source long ago, so what's your take on this?

ps sorry for the @!

They get their information from other rumors / leaks on the internet.

They also speculate on top of that.

Given what they say about the Nintendo games, I'm going to file this under speculation and lock the thread for now. Feel free to discuss it in other Nintendo threads though.

Status
Not open for further replies.