• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it looks like it's time for that return as Chortle is reporting a third season is in development but will be taking place in London this time around (previous seasons have been set in Italy and New York).

The news comes from Chortle which is a UK-centric comedy news portal that's been in operation since 2000. Although it's definitely worth noting Netflix has yet to confirm the news officially.

Chortle also adds that Naomi Ackie, a British actress who featured in Star Wars: Episode 9 as Jannah and on Netflix's The End of the F***ing World as Boonie will have a starring role. They don't reveal her exact role but predicts it will be as a love interest with Lena Waithe from the previous two seasons returning

Production reportedly started last Spring but was one of the many productions that got postponed due to COVID-19.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/ne...turning-for-season-3-at-netflix-after-hiatus/

Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Master-of-None.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, don't do me like this. I know Aziz said it'll probably be a minute til an S3 is made, since he's felt like he's said all he can about love and life in the city in your 30's but maybe lockdown has given him plenty to think about.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Thanksgiving episode has entered my yearly watch list. I'd watch a series based solely on that family.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Did we forget so easily that he sexually assaulted someone?
True, but since that's occurred I think he's been mostly quiet and reflected on it. If he's changed we should give him the opportunity to prove himself. Sometimes people change and are able to become a better person.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I was wondering between this and Atlanta which would release next. I hope it's true, I really enjoyed the show

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
True, but since that's occurred I think he's been mostly quiet and reflected on it. If he's changed we should give him the opportunity to prove himself. Sometimes people change and are able to become a better person.
While I think he has been more reasonable, more recently, his initial return to the spotlight was questionable.

Aziz Ansari's New Standup Tour Is a Cry Against Extreme Wokeness

The comedian positions self-righteous mass outrage as one pole in a political climate built on extremes. "At least with the Trump people," he joked, "I kinda know where they stand." On the other side, reacting to our current Administration, are zealous and performative leftists who can't seem to resist competing with one another in what Ansari calls "Progressive Candy Crush."

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I remember him saying he was waiting to get more life experience like getting married and having kids before making a new season. Did that happen?

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Please tell me what he did.

The way it came off was more a bad date with crossed signals. No one got assaulted, but the girl got uncomfortable about something, but they parted ways fine and he even apologized later. If that's truly all there is to the story, then I think there are way bigger fish to fry.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The way it came off was more a bad date with crossed signals. No one got assaulted, but the girl got uncomfortable about something, but they parted ways fine and he even apologized later. If that's truly all there is to the story, then I think there are way bigger fish to fry.

Did everyone get this impression after watching his latest Netflix special where he talks about it? Honest question.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the first two seasons.

Please tell me what he did.
I can't remember the situation completely, but if I recall correctly he had a consensual sexual encounter with a woman who - during the encounter - felt uncomfortable, but didn't say anything at the time. She later described the sexual encounter in graphic detail to Aziz via text and mentioned afterwards how grossed out she was by the whole thing and how she thought that he knew that she was grossed out. To which he immediately apologized for his behavior as he had misread the encounter and didn't realize it at the time.

After all that was said and done, she posted the entire personal encounter onto a blog during the height of #metoo.

It was all very gray area, because it was two consenting adults, and one not being into it but not clearly communicating that to the other and the other immediately apologizing for their behavior after finding out. In my eyes, at the least, it seems like it was kind of a private issue that got bolstered and pushed to the public for shock value because he was into some weirdly kinky stuff rather that clearly showing clearly defined malicious behavior on Aziz's part.

That's my recollection of something from like two years back though. I could very well be wrong and don't want to sound like an apologist if so.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
While I think he has been more reasonable, more recently, his initial return to the spotlight was questionable.

Aziz Ansari's New Standup Tour Is a Cry Against Extreme Wokeness
His point in context, if I recall correctly, was that it's incredible that we are in a place where this is now the desired form of behavior to find acceptance in certain sects of the culture, but that he's a bit skeptical about it always being true allyship and not just performative and essentially self-serving hierarchal behavior. And I got to say, I don't think he's wrong if I am remembering his argument and not injecting too much into it.

Lots of people that I have come across that their allyship seems either entirely superficial or more about serving their selfish interests or wants as opposed to the causes they claim to care about. I can say there were a couple people I know that were quick to write long Facebook posts in some groups about their concern for black lives, then when I texted them to come to the protest, than again to the gathering after the funeral in Houston, they couldn't make it, letting it slip later they were scared of being seen by certain people on social media. Asking them to take the smallest of risk of ending up in a position they could be judged unfairly by some of our conservative work colleagues/bosses was just too much skin to put in the game for them.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
His point in context, if I recall correctly, was that it's incredible that we are in a place where this is now the desired form of behavior to find acceptance in certain sects of the culture, but that he's a bit skeptical about it always being true allyship and not just performative and essentially self-serving hierarchal behavior. And I got to say, I don't think he's wrong if I am remembering his argument and not injecting too much into it.

Lots of people that I have come across that their allyship seems either entirely superficial or more about serving their selfish interests or wants as opposed to the causes they claim to care about. I can say there were a couple people I know that were quick to write long Facebook posts in some groups about their concern for black lives, then when I texted them to come to the protest, than again to the gathering after the funeral in Houston, they couldn't make it, letting it slip later they were scared of being seen by certain people on social media. Asking them to take the smallest of risk of ending up in a position they could be judged unfairly by some of our conservative work colleagues/bosses was just too much skin to put in the game for them.

I don't fully disagree with your point, but in the context of this rallying against certain strains of progressivism being the first appearance of a famously progressive comic after being involved in a sexual misconduct situation and subsequently "canceled", it can't help but make one raise an eyebrow.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be fantastic. I really really liked the show. First time I saw a brown guy lead a show like that.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I loved this show. The second season partly inspired a trip I took to Italy a few years ago. Would definitely be down for a S3.

Deleted member 32005

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I really enjoyed the first two seasons.

I can't remember the situation completely, but if I recall correctly he had a consensual sexual encounter with a woman who - during the encounter - felt uncomfortable, but didn't say anything at the time. She later described the sexual encounter in graphic detail to Aziz via text and mentioned afterwards how grossed out she was by the whole thing and how she thought that he knew that she was grossed out. To which he immediately apologized for his behavior as he had misread the encounter and didn't realize it at the time.

After all that was said and done, she posted the entire personal encounter onto a blog during the height of #metoo.

It was all very gray area, because it was two consenting adults, and one not being into it but not clearly communicating that to the other and the other immediately apologizing for their behavior after finding out. In my eyes, at the least, it seems like it was kind of a private issue that got bolstered and pushed to the public for shock value because he was into some weirdly kinky stuff rather that clearly showing clearly defined malicious behavior on Aziz's part.

That's my recollection of something from like two years back though. I could very well be wrong and don't want to sound like an apologist if so.

More or less this. I recall there being backlash because at a time when there was much more serious, systemic abuse, being outed, and many viewed this as an awkward date they later regretted.

Did everyone get this impression after watching his latest Netflix special where he talks about it? Honest question.

I brought up the Netflix special, not because he goes into detail about the allegation and refutes it point-by-point, but he was really emotionally open about it, didn't dismiss it, and had a serious conversation about it. Say what you will about millionaires getting paid but he used his platform for good.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
Really enjoyed the first two seasons, made me wanna rent a Vespa and ride around Italy. Also eat amazing food.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I'm asking because people are hand waiving it.
I don't think that's fair to say. It really was, at best, a gray area matter and I find it's kind of insulting that after writing out a few paragraphs to explain the situation in a response to your request to be told about the situation that you would dismiss that as "handwaiving" it.

That's to say, I still feel a bit uncertain about siding with Aziz, but think the situation - as described to the public - has a fair amount of complexity on whether his intent was poor or not.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah. I was late to the first two seasons, but they were extremely dope.

That business with him was bad and uncomfortable, but he didn't assault anyone.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm asking because people are hand waiving it. But hey, seems like it was all blown out of proportion!

This *wink wink" "nudge nudge* "what did he do" "please tell me more" "genuine question" back and forth insinuation and backpedal is beyond obnoxious. If you have something to say, go ahead and say it.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This *wink wink" "nudge nudge* "what did he do" "please tell me more" "genuine question" back and forth insinuation and backpedal is beyond obnoxious. If you have something to say, go ahead and say it.

I said it in my first post, and that was my point. I'm shocked that this community seems to not even want to bring it up. But I guess I am misinformed and he apologized and the victim came out to say that it was just a misunderstanding. In that case, my bad.

Dec 11, 2017
After enjoying Season 1 when it launched, I found Season 2 off-putting. It felt like a self-indulgent fantasy in a way that Season 1 never did. I'd have to hear great things to give Season 3 a shot.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Did we forget so easily that he sexually assaulted someone?
He's in the early 10s Louis CK phase of his career where the creep shit he does will be laughed off and forgiven because he's just funny and faux-progressive enough to make a good joke and show out of the situation.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't hate the show. Kind of forgot it existed. If Season 3 actually does happen, I'll probably check it out.

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Derailing Thread by Spreading Misinformation and Inappropriate Hyperbole. Ansari was Never Accused of Rape
Gross.

Aziz Ansari is a rapist.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I said it in my first post, and that was my point. I'm shocked that this community seems to not even want to bring it up. But I guess I am misinformed and he apologized and the victim came out to say that it was just a misunderstanding. In that case, my bad.
Airing out every person's dirty laundry every time they get brought up gets tiring. I get it, and some celebrities reaally deserve it, but a majority of celebrities also barely acknowledge or open up about this stuff like A. A. has and I'm not carrying a torch every time I want to talk about something.

I thought his last Netflix special sorta sucked for what it's worth (indeed there's some dubious takes on stuff). But I like this show and think he and his team made some great content for it.

Gross.

Aziz Ansari is a rapist.
heh well this is certainly contains no " *wink wink" "nudge nudge* "what did he do" "please tell me more" "genuine question" back and forth"

Last edited:

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
JuSt A bAd DaTe

When Ansari told her he was going to grab a condom within minutes of their first kiss, Grace voiced her hesitation explicitly. "I said something like, 'Whoa, let's relax for a sec, let's chill.'" She says he then resumed kissing her, briefly performed oral sex on her, and asked her to do the same thing to him.

Ansari also physically pulled her hand towards his penis multiple times throughout the night, from the time he first kissed her on the countertop onward. "He probably moved my hand to his dick five to seven times," she said. "He really kept doing it after I moved it away."

But the main thing was that he wouldn't let her move away from him. She compared the path they cut across his apartment to a football play. "It was 30 minutes of me getting up and moving and him following and sticking his fingers down my throat again. It was really repetitive. It felt like a fucking game."

Throughout the course of her short time in the apartment, she says she used verbal and non-verbal cues to indicate how uncomfortable and distressed she was. "Most of my discomfort was expressed in me pulling away and mumbling. I know that my hand stopped moving at some points," she said. "I stopped moving my lips and turned cold."

Grace says she spent around five minutes in the bathroom, collecting herself in the mirror and splashing herself with water. Then she went back to Ansari. He asked her if she was okay. "I said I don't want to feel forced because then I'll hate you, and I'd rather not hate you," she said.

She told babe that at first, she was happy with how he reacted. "He said, 'Oh, of course, it's only fun if we're both having fun.' The response was technically very sweet and acknowledging the fact that I was very uncomfortable. Verbally, in that moment, he acknowledged that I needed to take it slow. Then he said, 'Let's just chill over here on the couch.'"

This moment is particularly significant for Grace, because she thought that would be the end of the sexual encounter — her remark about not wanting to feel "forced" had added a verbal component to the cues she was trying to give him about her discomfort. When she sat down on the floor next to Ansari, who sat on the couch, she thought he might rub her back, or play with her hair — something to calm her down.

Ansari instructed her to turn around. "He sat back and pointed to his penis and motioned for me to go down on him. And I did. I think I just felt really pressured. It was literally the most unexpected thing I thought would happen at that moment because I told him I was uncomfortable."

Soon, he pulled her back up onto the couch. She would tell her friend via text later that night, "He [made out] with me again and says, 'Doesn't look like you hate me.'"

Halfway into the encounter, he led her from the couch to a different part of his apartment. He said he had to show her something. Then he brought her to a large mirror, bent her over and asked her again, "Where do you want me to fuck you? Do you want me to fuck you right here?" He rammed his penis against her ass while he said it, pantomiming intercourse.

"I just remember looking in the mirror and seeing him behind me. He was very much caught up in the moment and I obviously very much wasn't," Grace said. "After he bent me over is when I stood up and said no, I don't think I'm ready to do this, I really don't think I'm going to do this. And he said, 'How about we just chill, but this time with our clothes on?'"

They got dressed, sat side by side on the couch they'd already "chilled" on, and he turned on an episode of Seinfeld. She'd never seen it before. She said that's when the reality of what was going on sank in. "It really hit me that I was violated. I felt really emotional all at once when we sat down there. That that whole experience was actually horrible."

While the TV played in the background, he kissed her again, stuck his fingers down her throat again, and moved to undo her pants. She turned away. She remembers "feeling in a different mindset at that point."

"I remember saying, 'You guys are all the same, you guys are all the fucking same.'" Ansari asked her what she meant. When she turned to answer, she says he met her with "gross, forceful kisses."