• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Great news if true.

Probably means FFVII is early next year? Can't imagine them wanting to release that close to each other.

Jan 20, 2019
I'm not sure why Sony would want TLOU 2 in the mix with Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed - instead of the 1st half of the year release date that has served their games so well. It would also mean Sony planning for it to come less than a year after Days Gone. A 2020 release would also allow for a multiplayer test the year before (like with Uncharted 4), and the ability to be a PS5 simultaneous launch title.

There is no AC this year.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I would have imagined this game to be one of the last for PS4. Figured Ghosts of Tsushima would be out first. Interesting.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
You're talking about The Game Awards? Well, yeah that show works with a cutoff date by mid-November, but games released late November through December are eligible in next year's show, so no games are excluded. Most other award outlets work with calendar year.
I highly doubt that Geoff would cut-off TLOU2 for consideration this year. He is bro with Druck.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Zhuge seemed to know a lot about the last 2 SoP, and didn't he say he's heard nothing about this rumour already. Definitely hoping for a pleasant surprise, buy I'm not expecting this rumour to be true if they are actually going the TLoU State of Play route.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tenor.gif

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
If there is a state of play on the 30th, I'm predicting that it will also have something Call of Duty related as Sony tends to have the marketing for them these days, right? Are they planning some kind of Super State of Play lmao

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strategically, i think its too big of a game to release on PS4 at this stage of its life, i think a cross gen game available on PS4/PS5 launch will be more likely.

Im still team 2020.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of assumed there'd be one, so hopefully it's true. Would that be where Activision reveals COD too?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Strategically, i think its too big of a game to release on PS4 at this stage of its life, i think a cross gen game available on PS4/PS5 launch will be more likely.

Im still team 2020.
Nah. Because they can release a enhanced edition later. Get extra sales. Did great for Last of Us 1 and GTA 5.
Unless the game gets a enhanced patch for PS5.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017

Im still team 2020.
Judging by the sales of TLOUs and its remaster, I would say it makes a lot more sense to launch it on PS4 first and PS5 later.

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
the one for Ghost of Tsushima was scheduled for when?

if we get Death Stranding on the 29th and TLoU on the 30th... that's basically an E3 presence :D

OP
OP
bombshell

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

Im still team 2020.
The Last of Us released in June 2013, same year that PS4 launched in November.
Sony supports their consoles to the end and even after the next is launched.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Im still team 2020.
Sony have shown time and time again they don't end a gen weak. God of War 2 for PS2, after PS3 had released, TLoU just before PS4 and GT6 after.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If true, I can't imagine the amount of crunch Naughty Dog in and going to have to endure for the next 6 months.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Zhuge seems to know a lot about the state of plays and hasn't hinted at this so would be surprised if true.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Zhuge seemed to know a lot about the last 2 SoP, and didn't he say he's heard nothing about this rumour already. Definitely hoping for a pleasant surprise, buy I'm not expecting this rumour to be true if they are actually going the TLoU State of Play route.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not very fond of this rumor.... However he did say to expect trailers this week so I don't know

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017

Im still team 2020.

What do you mean by that? It's the perfect time as the install base it at its largest. They did exactly the same thing with TLOU last gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.