• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
We get a state of play every couple months and the last one was in March so it's a fair guess. Last year we got a summer showcase thing. Gotta show what people can expect to buy for the rest of 2022 and beyond at some point. There will be a September event as well I'd bet. If God of War Ragnarok sticks to it's 2022 landing we'll for sure get a state of play just for it within 3 months of it's launch date too.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Would love to see a show in June, but I think anywhere in between June and September is realistic as well, at least going off past years.

Fuck Jim Ryan btw.

Roronoa_Zoro

Jan 15, 2022
Pittsburgh
I guess keeping info close to their chest means less leaks. We don't get many leaks from Sony these days. But it's a frustrating not sure where the next meal comes from feeling.

The amorphous nature is strange. If they wanna do a once a year showcase I would be fine with them having a firm date for it like psx used to be in December and we all knew that even when the show ended we would be back same time next year approximately

"Insiders" need to stick to one date or say nothing at all. That's the only way they'll be held accountable. These "I heard this date, but also this date as well" gotta stop

The immediate backtracking kills me. They'll say they heard something then if it gets any sort of traction it's "but this may change! Take with a grain of salt! I'm just saying what I heard but it's by no means confirmed!"

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
You should never expect insiders to be right 100% of the time. But people like Grubb and others hear things often and filter out what they don't think is true until it becomes fairly apparent that something will happen. Even then they preface it with "I've heard .." this or that because plans change.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
The amorphous nature is strange. If they wanna do a once a year showcase I would be fine with them having a firm date for it like psx used to be in December and we all knew that even when the show ended we would be back same time next year approximately
Well, when someone doing a show for their own platform is waiting on a dozen different developers to cut trailers for them to show, the last thing they want is to devote five minutes of the show to someone who backs out at the last minute because they don't have the goods ready.

In any case, I think this is what Yoshi-P has been talking about in terms of their new trailer getting "delayed". They're probably showing it at this event and have been waiting on Sony to schedule the show.

Oct 31, 2017
Tbf, he has a better track record than most. If Shinobi posts a GIF, might as well start the predictions.

its-funny-cause-its-true-true.gif

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the smallest announcement that most won't care about but I hope we get an Uncharted PC release date soon.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
When you say you can't confirm anything and that it might just be scuttlebutt, you might as well have not said anything.

Altezein

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
In case this wasn't posted. A quote from Geoff's interview with Epic
Keighley did say that this year will see fewer companies doing standalone events, and instead many of those studios and publishers will likely be participating in first-party events, a throwback to the days of E3.
Yeah, he isn't saying 'there will be a playstation event', but how many first-party events do we know of aside from the Xbox showcase?

Source:
store.epicgames.com

How Summer Game Fest is becoming the new E3

Summer Game Fest creator Geoff Keighley discusses the show’s history and future.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Why do so many people get upset and hostile towards Jeff like this? He's always really specific about the certainty of rumors he hears. It's just games at the end of the day lol

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
An "event", or an honest to god press conference?

I'd be excited for the latter, and skip the former.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
feel like every year we get a "sony event in june" rumor, but nothing actually happens until late summer. ever since sony left e3 at least

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Heard from a certain game store chain leadership that there's to be something in the middle of next month. The 16th or 18th, I don't remember which.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing it'll show off the revamped ps plus a bit more , god of war and a few surprises

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Why do so many people get upset and hostile towards Jeff like this? He's always really specific about the certainty of rumors he hears. It's just games at the end of the day lol

It's an Era thing. That's why we almost have 0 insiders here anymore. Even when someone post credible artworks and early screenshots of a rumoured game you have posts like "They made it up" or "They DMCA-ed themselves on Twitter".

In my case, I'm grateful Jeff said this and I hope the Sony event will be in june and not september. We almost know nothing for the rest of the year, it's time to spill the beans.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Man, imagine nothing happening until september ☠️☠️

I just get a gut feeling that alot of announcements will be made. New games.... GaaS games (The Crew 3)... getting a good idea what the PS+ Extra service is all about.

I think some unannounced games that have been kept quiet just to be revealed at this event.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory commentary, prior ban for similar behavior
Only interested in one where Hermen Hulst beheads Jim Ryan live on camera.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not sure I am in the mood to see Jim Ryan try and hawk his wares to us so if they have an event or don't I most likely won't watch it. I can just come here, see what was said, and then go about my day avoiding all things Jim Ryan. Fuck and Him, and by extension Sony, in closing.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

People take video games too seriously and are too invested. They could just ignore Jeff but choose not to. If you watch Grubbsnax you can tell that he hears lots true and false he's rarely bullshitting for the sake of it.

BhetjaXIV

Sep 8, 2018
Belgium
It just gets to the point that if you can't confirm anything then you shouldn't really say anything.

He does what he wants for his audience.
Also the title is a bit misleading.

It's not that important, and if he wants to talk about what he's heard from his sources, he can. At the end of the day we'll get a Sony presentation at one point. It being in june or not will not change your life in the slightest

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I feel like they've got to say more about the upgraded PS+ tiers, namely the initial lineup of PS1 and PS2 games that are coming to the service and if they have trophy support or not.

Of course, that's easily done with a blog post too.

In terms of a full E3-esque presentation? Maybe not for a while.

Sushii

May 22, 2021
It seems like Sony has a lot of major titles in the works that have been kinda MIA. I'm kinda tired of the State of Play style drip feeding and would love to have a major blowout event.

Give me updates on TLoU Remake/Factions, GOW:R, FFXVI, SILENT HILL, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Horizon FW DLC/multiplayer, SPIDER-MAN 2, all the rumored new IPs from Bungie, Haven Studios, deviation games, etc.

There's enough to fill an hour easy.
Yeah! I agree with you!

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

I think people have sort of changed now to have a general dislike toward insiders. Jeff Grubb is an actual journalist so its a little different, but he does get lumped in a lot with people who just post random shit on twitter. I think he is far too likable to be hostile to him personally.

The other issue is that he will voice an opinion, but it gets twisted by others and posted without context, so by the time it does make its way to Era or Reddit it is coming across as fact, when he is just offering an opinion and it is obvious listening or reading that it was clearly that.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
This forum has a really weird obsession with hating on Dusk, Grubb, NateDrake, etc etc just pick any insider or leaker really.
Fixed that for you.

As mentioned above, this is just him chitchatting with the audience on his show. If it hits print, then it's something that he's actually sticking a claim to. When he's just mentioning the stuff that doesn't make it to print, it shouldn't be taken so seriously.

But this is Era, where devs, journalists, insiders, etc are rarely welcome, so... something something "bitch eating crackers".

Last edited:

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
I really like Jeff's podcasts and always appreciate that he shares what he heard and is always clear on his level of certainty. He does it that way because he trusts the intelligence of his audience and just enjoys talking about videos games. If people on this board never developed basic reading/listening comprehension skills then that's your problem.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
It's an Era thing. That's why we almost have 0 insiders here anymore. Even when someone post credible artworks and early screenshots of a rumoured game you have posts like "They made it up" or "They DMCA-ed themselves on Twitter".

In my case, I'm grateful Jeff said this and I hope the Sony event will be in june and not september. We almost know nothing for the rest of the year, it's time to spill the beans.

Yea. I hope the rumors get confirmed but if not I'm not gonna hold Jeff to that. He's simply reporting what he's hearing

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Man, imagine nothing happening until september ☠️☠️

That would be so miserable...I'm already kinda feeling the drought - played so much Elden Ring I'm actually burned out, played Sifu so much I also burned out, bounced off of Horizon and Dying Light 2, because they were disappointing. And now there's nothing until...exactly until I don't know what, because we don't fucking know anything lol

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes a lot of sense tbh. Especially with how it lines up with a lot of rumors I've been hearing about TLOUS Remake and Final Fantasy XVI

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Edit: Lol he already said that here xDD

There's no way they wait until September unless GT7 back in March was literally the last Sony Studios release of the year lol

EDIT: Hell, even if that were the case, I still can't see it. Even if GoW gets delayed out of 2022, I cant see Sony waiting over a year to show more of it.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
A delayed rumor is eventually true, but a rushed one is forever discussed in resetera.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will internally have to delay the event to delete Jim Ryan footage out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.