• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to Regis for posting

Translate: Emoji* Emoji* "Gears of War on Netflix, we Will hear More in a few days"

This guy has over 200k followers and works for TV Azteca in Mexico (where Gears is huge btw)

We know that Universal had movie rights wich was announced in 2016 at the Gears 4 launch but it has been silent. Maybe Netflix scooped it up?

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Thanks to Regis for posting

This guy has over 200k followers and works for TV Azteca in Mexico (where Gears is huge btw)

We know that Universal had movie rights wich was announced in 2016 at the Gears 4 launch but it has been silent. Maybe Netflix scooped it up?

Thanks Theorry, and yes, we are talking about big things here, Gears is HUGE in México and TV Azteca is the 2nd biggest TV brand in the country, so no reason to lie.
BTW, Bautista as Marcus or DEAAAATHHH

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Gears is one of the few things I could see working as a show. There isn't really a huge story around it, sure there's some lore and books, but It was easy to drop into the first game and get it. For a TV show, this could work.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably animated. don't see them doing live action and get good results.

Nov 30, 2018
Saw this image on Facebook the other day.

Figured it was one of those fake news hoaxes and reported it as such.

Same with all those "Friends is coming back!" From fake star accounts as well.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
TV show adaptions of videogames will be the next superhero movies hype?
I hope not. I hope it's quality over quantity.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully, tonally, it's closer to Gears of War 1 than any of the subsequent games. I want something tinged with horror and bleak.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
No, just no.
The Gears games are fun to play but the stories are awful.
Maybe adapt something that actually has a decent story.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Looks fake to me, and that guy doesn't seem to be the first one who posted it

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I mean they're making a Gears of War sequel, a Gears turn based strategy game, and a Gears POP mobile game. A television show would be par for the course as far as milking the franchise is concerned.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
if its live action i hope they give it a big enough budget. i think a series could be really good if done well. it could have a slight horror vibe like the first game

Feb 10, 2018
It would have to be animated. I don't think they'd be able to find thicc enough actors.

Unless they bire professional bodybuilders no actor has as much muscle mass as the gears characters.
They don't need to be as big. Batista and crews or even Chris evans + Chris helms worth with 10lbs more then there marvel debuts, would do the role very good.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it would be pretty big if MS and Netflix teamed up and shared content (Netflix does movies / shows for MS IP, MS does games based on netflix IP).