• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing that seems off to me was the music. It didn't really fit with what they were showing. The action etc. The CGI is phenomenal. The casting seems great so far including Karl 'Fooking legend of gin alley' Tanner as what seems to be a human separatist? Definitely looks less cheesy than Nightfall.
uhh what?

StarsAreStuff

Feb 16, 2021
The only thing that seems off to me was the music. It didn't really fit with what they were showing. The action etc. The CGI is phenomenal. The casting seems great so far including Karl 'Fooking legend of gin alley' Tanner as what seems to be a human separatist? Definitely looks less cheesy than Nightfall.
you have seen this already?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
4Zj2W2H.png

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Dont think this is planned for public. Very much doubt they were planning to release it soon. Seems more internal use and a show of progress.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we see some Mk. V armor since this supposedly takes place with the events of Reach.

Jan 4, 2018
That Prophet looks so good. I miss them so much and I hope they will return in the games someday.
He just needs his golden crown and it will be perfect.

Can't wait to see the trailer once they release it !

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Anyone who likes sci fi television?

I love sci-fi, but I have a hard time fathoming how one could successfull translate Halo to the screen. I only played the first two games but always found the plot in the games to be serviceable at best :/ Don't get me wrong, I hope it ends up good, but I really wonder what the appeal should be for the "general audience".

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I love sci-fi, but I have a hard time fathoming how one could successfull translate Halo to the screen. I only played the first two games but always found the plot in the games to be serviceable at best :/ Don't get me wrong, I hope it ends up good, but I really wonder what the appeal should be for the "general audience".
They're not trying to adapt any of the games into a show, it's an original story. They are just using some of the established characters and the Halo universe.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

The general audience loved LOTR and Game of Thrones. People will tune in if it's compelling storytelling. Even if you haven't read the books or played the game.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Sure, but you're saying they're gonna coast on Chief and some lore? Oof.
The Halo ring is a cool sci fi setting anyone could be interested in. The Covenant are pretty cool aliens. People like action. Not to mention all the space elements. I don't see why it's so hard to see why a general sci fi fan wouldn't tune in.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
The general audience loved LOTR and Game of Thrones. People will tune in if it's compelling storytelling. Even if you haven't read the books or played the game.
The Halo ring is a cool sci fi setting anyone could be interested in. The Covenant are pretty cool aliens. People like action. Not to mention all the space elements. I don't see why it's so hard to see why a general sci fi fan wouldn't tune in.

Yeah I guess it's more of a me-thing. For example, I found the Expanse books to be very derivative and "written for TV", I actually prefer the series over the books (which speaks volumes to the showrunners). It's just that I never had a feeling that the world of Halo would make for interesting TV since compared to other sci-fi out there its not offering anything unique (I would argue that something like Game of Thrones does, since it went against many fantasy tropes). Same reason why I never want to see a TV or Film adaptation of the Mass Effect games. This stuff works great for game narratives and context, but the bigger appeal of it as a series or movie kinda elludes me. That said, drop some well written characters in the Halo-verse and it will probably work out.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I don´t have hopes for a good transition to TV, but those screens and the known cast are encouraging at least.

That asteroid in chains must be where...
Blue team kills the separatist leader.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
comedy podcast with concept artist who worked on the show for two years. he drews armour weapons and vehicles. but most of the podcast is about his work on star wars.

istya.libsyn.com

I Saw That Years Ago: Ep 303 - Sneakers (1992) with Matt Savage

This week we welcome Matt Savage, concept artist for Star Wars, Batman, Dr Who and many others. We chat design, props, working in movies, then watch Sneakers. It's one of the best shows we've ever done! To contact the show email You can also support us via Patreon -

www.mattsavconcept.com

Matthew Savage

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
That prophet has a very human nose. And I don't like it.

Other than that, it sure looks like Halo alright.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to wonder how much you have to really enjoy the cutscenes in Halo to look forward to this. Playing through the collection, I found myself growing pretty uninterested in the plot, even if the games got wordier and wordier as entries went by.