• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I read that Jessica Jones was gonna be in She-Hulk.

Maybe we can get Luke Cage in some other show.

But not Iron Fist. They really screwed that one up.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been this excited for anything MCU related in a long fucking time. Give me this

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Man I really really hope Marvel will keep both the Netflix cast (yes, also Iron Fist, the stupid scripts and direction weren't his fault) and S.H.I.E.L.D's cast. Both of them were fantastic and I don't want to let go of the SHIELD characters either.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
"Spider-man 3..."

long_time_star_wars.gif

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Sounds good to me! Charlie Cox was fantastic in the role.

The casting of the Netflix shows was largely spot on in my eyes.

Last edited:

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'd be okay if they treated earlier TV shows like an Expanded Universe, but folded the characters and actors back into MCU continuity whenever they need to.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Charlie Cox was great as Matt and Daredevil. I hope we see him again soon.

Totally erased that shitty Ben Affleck version from my mind.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

His performance in Season 3 really resonated with me emotionally at a particular point in my life so I'll always have a soft spot for Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock.

Last edited:

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm much happier about this than a bunch of Sony universe characters being shoehorned into the movie. I have a feeling that Holland is 2 movies away from his MCU exit, it would be a travesty to not have his spidey and D'Onofrio's Kingpin not meet up.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
This would make me so happy. Charlie Cox deserves it for how fantastically he performed the role and Daredevil really should be a part of the MCU. I'd say of just about any single Marvel character, Daredevil has had the most high quality comic book runs under his belt.

Not picking you personally, but man this post kind of illustrates how dumb Marvel was about those Netflix shows. Early on they said they were in the MCU and the Daredevil made references to the MCU, but for whatever reason Marvel wanted to silo the two products off, and it does kind of feel like Daredevil and those Netflix shows are in there own universe, like the Rami Spider-man films or something.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not picking you personally, but man this post kind of illustrates how dumb Marvel was about those Netflix shows. Early on they said they were in the MCU and the Daredevil made references to the MCU, but for whatever reason Marvel wanted to silo the two products off, and it does kind of feel like Daredevil and those Netflix shows are in there own universe, like the Rami Spider-man films or something.
Feige was very petty about his fallout with perlmutter, taking it out on the entire tv division

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile

that's because of the feud between Feige and Ike Perlmutter. Feige won and probably his victory was even sweeter knowing that Ike's pet project which he insisted on (Inhumans) was a complete flop.

Sadly, it also meant the TV side of the MCU (which was under Perlmutter's prerogative) getting completely shafted. Shame because Daredevil and some of the seasons of Agents of SHIELD (haven't watched the final one yet) were some of the strongest shit they've ever done.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
that's because of the feud between Feige and Ike Perlmutter. Feige won and probably his victory was even sweeter knowing that Ike's pet project which he insisted on (Inhumans) was a complete flop.

Sadly, it also meant the TV side of the MCU (which was under Perlmutter's prerogative) getting completely shafted. Shame because Daredevil and some of the seasons of Agents of SHIELD (haven't watched the final one yet) were some of the strongest shit they've ever done.

I just never understood why Marvel doesn't continue Dare Devil on Disney plus like Lucasfilm did with Clone Wars, WB was the original distributer on the Clone Wars, but Lucas owned the rights, I don't see why that couldn't happen here. I guess Disney plus doesn't have a wide array of mature stuff, but I imagine with them integrating Deadpool 3 into the MCU with a R rating, their not going to want to split up the mcu on other streaming platforms, like Hulu. It's already kind of weird that the two solo Spiderman movies aren't on Disney plus, though that has to do with Sony.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I just never understood why Marvel doesn't continue Dare Devil on Disney plus like Lucasfilm did with Clone Wars, WB was the original distributer on the Clone Wars, but Lucas owned the rights, I don't see why that couldn't happen here. I guess Disney plus doesn't have a wide array of mature stuff, but I imagine with them integrating Deadpool 3 into the MCU with a R rating, their not going to want to split up the mcu on other streaming platforms, like Hulu. It's already kind of weird that the two solo Spiderman movies aren't on Disney plus, though that has to do with Sony.

I'm guessing Feige doesn't really care for the Netflix/Hulu/ABC shows (DD included) and he never saw them as part of "his" vision for the MCU. And even if he ended up salvaging stuff from them (as this rumor seems to point out), it wouldn't be a continuation of whatever the Netflix productions were doing. It'd be, more or less, a reboot with only certain elements of the previous versions kept.

Then again, I've made my peace with the Netflix shows + AoS being, essentially, the "extended universe" of the MCU - they can reference stuff from the movies, but the movies will almost never make any sort of reference to those shows. AoS excluded in very, VERY limited cases.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I'm much happier about this than a bunch of Sony universe characters being shoehorned into the movie. I have a feeling that Holland is 2 movies away from his MCU exit, it would be a travesty to not have his spidey and D'Onofrio's Kingpin not meet up.

Tom Holland isn't going anywhere, and the days of old Hollywood died a long time ago. It's all about franchises now.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Feige doesn't really care for the Netflix/Hulu/ABC shows (DD included) and he never saw them as part of "his" vision for the MCU. And even if he ended up salvaging stuff from them (as this rumor seems to point out), it wouldn't be a continuation of whatever the Netflix productions were doing. It'd be, more or less, a reboot with only certain elements of the previous versions kept.

Then again, I've made my peace with the Netflix shows + AoS being, essentially, the "extended universe" of the MCU - they can reference stuff from the movies, but the movies will almost never make any sort of reference to those shows. AoS excluded in very, VERY limited cases.
Yeah this is basically it. If Charlie appears I expect it to just be multiverse shenanigans-not Peter living a few blocks over from Netflix Daredevil. I just don't see Fiege reconciling Disney+ MCU with Netflix MCU where Luke Cage and Jessica Jones had onscreen sex.
Then again Deadpool 3 is going to be in the MCU and Rated R so who knows. But I just feel that Fiege can't be happy with some of the story directions that Jeph Loeb made.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Agent Carter is the only exception of the Marvel TV shows, since Feige was an executive producer and Edwin Jarvis appears in Endgame.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping he's not playing Daredevil, but SM3 will be a Boardwalk Empire crossover instead.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
I swear if all these guest roles/cameos/ex-hero actors all end up being in the movie...this will be me each time they are introduced:
giphy.gif

Shit will just be a rollercoaster the whole movie lol.

Side note - I want to see all the Marvel Netflix stars to get another shot...yes even Iron Fist. I believe he is redeemable.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I just never understood why Marvel doesn't continue Dare Devil on Disney plus like Lucasfilm did with Clone Wars

Until a month and a half ago, they were contractually not allowed to do that. And they can't use Jessica Jones or Punisher until mid-February. The contracts with Netflix basically stated that Disney/Marvel couldn't use the characters until two years have passed since their respective shows are cancelled.

The big dream of this rumored appearance in Spider-Man 3 is that it could lead the way to a fourth season of Daredevil (or film -- but I'd personally rather see another season).

They can use Luke Cage and Iron Fist again now but they likely don't have a desire to revisit them just yet (especially Iron First). The rumors about Daredevil and Jessica line up with both the contractual timing and the reception of their shows. Season 2 of Daredevil can be divisive but the series as a whole was very well regarded and if I remember correctly, Jessica was actually the most popular of the shows in terms of viewership.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Of course, a main cast member of Agent Carter was then moved over to AoS for its final season so... ;)

how was the AoS final season, btw? I really liked S5, thought S6 fucked up at the end (arguably the shittiest antagonist yet) and due to backlog issues/real life I basically didn't have much time to spend on AoS.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Marvel Legends could be a cool place to abridge these heroes, with necessary retconning, but a cool visual presentation for anyone who didn't see the Netflix series :D

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
how was the AoS final season, btw? I really liked S5, thought S6 fucked up at the end (arguably the shittiest antagonist yet) and due to backlog issues/real life I basically didn't have much time to spend on AoS.

I personally loved it. It was just really fun from start to finish. The lack of Fitz hurt but Sousa was a great addition and fit in well with the cast. It's rare that a series can have two series finales (S5 and S7) and somehow stick the landing both times but they managed it.

I would agree about the end of S6 but it certainly had some great moments.

giphy.gif

0cfb68a637cd818cd2d7a47a2e722223be3d2e16.gifv

giphy.gif

If I were to rank the seasons: 4 > 2 > 7 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 1

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I personally loved it. It was just really fun from start to finish. The lack of Fitz hurt but Sousa was a great addition and fit in well with the cast. It's rare that a series can have two series finales (S5 and S7) and somehow stick the landing both times but they managed it.

I would agree about the end of S6 but it certainly had some great moments.

giphy.gif

0cfb68a637cd818cd2d7a47a2e722223be3d2e16.gifv

giphy.gif

If I were to rank the seasons: 4 > 2 > 7 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 1

lack of Fitz? oh nooooooooooo

Still, your words give me hope and your ranking (sans 7) is pretty much identical to mine. Eventually I'll watch S7 and see if we agree on that, too. Thanks :D

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
lack of Fitz? oh nooooooooooo

Still, your words give me hope and your ranking (sans 7) is pretty much identical to mine. Eventually I'll watch S7 and see if we agree on that, too. Thanks :D

Yeah, it was a shame. He shows up eventually but is not a regular cast member in the season because of scheduling issues. (I believe because they ended up shooting S7 earlier than expected and he was already attached to a play or something in London.)

Sousa is a great addition though. I would definitely recommend watching the two short seasons of Agent Carter first if you haven't. I think it's on Disney+ now.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah this is basically it. If Charlie appears I expect it to just be multiverse shenanigans-not Peter living a few blocks over from Netflix Daredevil. I just don't see Fiege reconciling Disney+ MCU with Netflix MCU where Luke Cage and Jessica Jones had onscreen sex.
Then again Deadpool 3 is going to be in the MCU and Rated R so who knows. But I just feel that Fiege can't be happy with some of the story directions that Jeph Loeb made.
They have to be in the same universe cause we need Vincent D'Onofrio in the MCU.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if She-Hulk is in Spider-Man 3? A long time ago someone asked Fiege about the state of the Netflix shows and when they'd be able to use the characters again, and he gave kind of a cheeky answer about it which made me think that Matt would be Peter's lawyer in SM3. But then I feel like something shifted and people started thinking that She-Hulk was gonna be his lawyer instead, maybe an assumption based on the announcement of the She-Hulk show? If Matt isn't Peter's lawyer though I could totally see him being a cameo in the stinger, like Peter is at his lawyer's office thanking them for helping him and as he's leaving he bumps into Matt and they have some kind of exchange that would, in a perfect world, lead into Spidey 4: a team-up joint with Peter and Matt VS Kingpin that could act as a soft reboot of the Daredevil character / continuation of the Netflix show without explicitly connecting to it.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope this is true and it's somewhat of a substantial role. Or a cameo of it means we'll have more DD in the future.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
If it true. Wonder Marvel Studios will Reboot Netflix Show and Other that made by Television department?

No way that happened in the same movie's timeline (Thanos's snap)

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I hope this is true, or at least that Marvel is working with Charlie Cox to bring DD into the MCU proper. I loved all of the Netflix shows (except for Iron Fist; fuck you, Iron Fist), so I'd love it if DD, JJ, LC, Punisher, and their respective supporting cast can continue on in the MCU. I thought the cast was great, and it'd be a shame to waste such excellent casting when I think they all have expressed interest in reprising their roles. I'm not sure what the Netflix deal has in terms of contractual obligations, but even if each show just got one more season on Disney + (or Netflix if the issue is that Netflix has tv appearances locked down), and then from there the cast transitioned to MCU appearances in the films, I'd be happy.