• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
A Plague Tale 2 is reportedly in development.

The rumour comes from XboxSquad, a French website that claims A Plague Tale: Innocence developer Asobo Studio is working on the sequel, which is reportedly set for reveal in 2020, with a target release window of 2022.

When contacted for comment, publisher Focus Home Interactive did not deny the rumour, instead saying it will talk about Asobo's next game "when the right time comes".

Here's the statement:

"Focus Home Interactive and Asobo are very proud of the critical and public reception of A Plague Tale: Innocence, and the sales. We're delighted to have received a solid number of awards and nominations, including for Best Narrative at the Game Awards next week. We want to pursue our efforts to make sure the game gets even more attention from players and we will thus keep promoting that title as it deserves.

"Of course, we announced last year we are partnering with Asobo for a future project but never confirmed if it was a sequel to A Plague Tale or not - and will give more details on that title when the right time comes."

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
I'd like a new game from them tbh. Plague Tale was excellent, but I'd like to see them try a similar-ish playing game, but different in tone and setting.

Plague Tale was just too bleak and depressing for me.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Excellent. I enjoyed A Plagues Tale, although I don't suppose it can or should be a direct sequel. Really interested to see what they can do with next gen hardware

Oct 27, 2017
Great news, if true.

A Plague Tale is one of my 2019 favorite games and a true gem.

Very happy to see a possible A Plague Tale 2

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like a new game from them tbh. Plague Tale was excellent, but I'd like to see them try a similar-ish playing game, but different in tone and setting.

Plague Tale was just too bleak and depressing for me.
You get that also. If this isnt a sequel tho.

2019-06-05-11_41_36-sequel-c401a.jpg-1600%C3%97900.png

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It ends on a bit of a cliff hanger, i liked the game but it felt like a really large set up for the next one
hugo is gonna be pure evil i feel it. I don't trust that kid when he grows up

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Whoa.

This is my GOTY, but surprised to hear this as they'd previously said it was a standalone thing with no plans for a sequel or DLC.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
This game was a nice surprise, i enjoyed it more than i thought i would, so if they are making a sequel, bring it on!

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
i actually don't think the story needs a sequel.
I think the ending was fine.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
YES! Best news so far this week.

Very excited about this, Plague Tale always felt like a new universe that would have many stories throughout different genres within it.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds great to me! I loved the original game. Easily one of my favorites for the year.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda confusing.

XboxSquad says it contacted Focus Home Interactive, whose COO confirmed their information, including that it'll be revealed next year.

But then you have the statement given to Eurogamer, which suggests a sequel, but doesn't confirm anything.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
A bit of a Last of Us situation where the ending is so good it doesn't necessarily need a sequel.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
It's on my backlog, but it seems like the game cdke and went. Does it live up to the hype? I'm looking forward to playing when I finish up a few others.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plague 2: Plaguest

Still have to play it. I dont care that much for gameplay, but how its the story? Is it well acted and written?

Oct 24, 2019
I wonder if they'll make it an anthology series that essentially tells vignettes from different places ravaged by the plague. Would be cool to see a different set of characters under different circumstances and how they try to survive.

It would be awesome if they did one with a Mongolian character/setting since the plague ravaged their empire and set it on a steep decline.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Aren't they busy with Flight Simulator? or ASOBO is a huge team that they can afford developing several projects?

Edit: Oh, saw the expected release date. I guess they'll be over with Flight Simulator for that time.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
It ends on a bit of a cliff hanger, i liked the game but it felt like a really large set up for the next one
hugo is gonna be pure evil i feel it. I don't trust that kid when he grows up

I felt that long shot of the final boss dying while he and the kid are looking at each other and ominous music plays was definitely foreshadowing something.

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising, the end of the first game implies there is more to explore with Hugo, and there are still some lingering questions about the plague and the de Rune family.

Klaw

Nov 16, 2017
France
Kinda confusing.

XboxSquad says it contacted Focus Home Interactive, whose COO confirmed their information, including that it'll be revealed next year.

But then you have the statement given to Eurogamer, which suggests a sequel, but doesn't confirm anything.

I'm working (well, kinda, because we are by no means professionals, just a bunch of people interested in gaming) at XboxSquad, and I can try to clarify a bit :
We contacted Focus on Tuesday, and they acknowledged that it was the first time they were confronted to this kind of leak, since their change in communication strategy (until now, the publisher was used to announce its projects as soon as development began). From now on, they wishes to better prepare their big announcements, and benefit from the success of games like A Plague Tale.
In the heat of the moment, the COO just confirmed something he (probably) shouldn't have. We think that the information then went up the inner chain, and a crisis situation was probably put in place, explaining the "no comment on the subject" Eurogamer got.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Enjoyed the game but I hope they improve the gameplay. I know it's not the main focus of the game but then fire/rats mechanic was horribly contrived and it was ridiculous killing armoured knights with a rock.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like the first one and especially disliked the ending so I'll pass, but good news for those that enjoyed it!

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Innocence yesterday and absolutely adored it, one of the best games of the year. Glad to hear that they are going to continue in the world and Amicia is such a great protagonist who deserves more games.
Will be there Day 1.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
I only played the demo but this is definitely great news. I hope more games like it get a chance.

I plan on picking the game up during steams christmas sale

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I hope it's no longer a helpless Ico game only where you just have to hold someone's else ahnd to save. This got very redundant since it's the only gameplay in the game.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious what a sequel would entail not just storywise but the gameplay as well. I think they have the difficult task of expanding the world at large in interesting and meaningful ways.