• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
In their most recent 'E3 newscast', JJ of Dutch outlet Gamekings talked about what EA is going to show at EA Play. One of the things he mentions is "a completely new IP" that's going to be there 100% since they've already played it, but they can't talk about it because of an NDA. It isn't Star Wars: Squadron.

05:02 - 05:14 in the video below (in Dutch):

Not sure if this was already known, but I couldn't find anything using the search function. Lock if old, I guess.

edit: The big takeaway here is that it's a new IP that's already in a playable state to where press gets to play it, so it's probably a bigger title and one that might even be released this year?

Last edited:
OP
OP
GJ

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
For clarification; the things he lists that'll be there 100% are SW: Squadrons, a completely new IP and Hazelight's game. And it's a game that they've already played recently. Would EA do a press event or whatever for a smaller EA Originals game?

If Hazelight's game is already in a state that press gets to play it, I'm not sure why Josef is talking about a teaser (and JJ wouldn't talk about it as if it's a separate thing). And I thought Squadrons was Motive's game, or are they working on two games?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they have to be, right? What else does EA have to show? A lot of the expected titles (Battlefield, Dragon Age, Anthem reboot, Fallen Order 2, etc) are assumed to be far too far away for a reveal right now. So either EA has nothing but sports, indies, and Squadron, or they've got a new IP or something cooking too.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
bring back EA BIG

fmayBBHVqFMPahS-800x450-noPad.jpg