• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, they never left, friend. They've been there the whole time. Waiting.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
The only thing I care about is this. If they really are going back to Vice City, and they don't lay on the '80s aesthetic and a soundtrack of nothing but '80s hits, then what was the point?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I a man can't play games staring a woman because I can't relate to them. Though I have no problem playing as a female cat. /s

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
"Why women don't like nice guys :(" - these dudes

vJzXm4c.png

They always say stuff will go broke and they never do

Also, women's existence now is considered woke?

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can imagine if San Andreas came out now they'd be moaning about playing as a black character and calling that woke.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly surprising that people care, because GTA online has been a much bigger and more presnt part of GTA for almost 10 years and plenty of people play female avatars.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I remember a bit of the reaction to San Andreas, when (shitty) people found out you played as a black man.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
ROCKSTAR WANTS TO DESTROY MASCULINITY!!!

These people are so pathetic.

chilleverest

Jul 24, 2019
People were mad they brought in Morgan in red dead 2 instead of Morston, and yet RS managed to pull it of..it all depends on the execution.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
They're mad that a woman can be a criminal too? She'll still be a horrible person like all of the other GTA protagonists (as she should be) but a woman .

No GTA player character it's gonna be screaming about social issues or anything, I don't understand their problem with this.

Last edited:

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
A woman complaining about a female main character in GTA?

What the fuck?
There were women hand waving and maybe even defending Trump's "grab her by the pussy" remarks, so this isn't surprising, sadly. Some women will definitely diminish their identity if it means reaching a certain audience.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Chuds: We don't have anything against female leads. I mean we love Ripley and Sarah Connor and...eehhh...

GTA 6 has first female character, no other infos.

Chuds: OMG, Rockstar went full woke. LoTR went woke. HOTD went woke. Westworld season 4 is woke.
Black Panther Wakanda Forever trailer focused on women, omg it is woke too.

It never stops.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I care about is this. If they really are going back to Vice City, and they don't lay on the '80s aesthetic and a soundtrack of nothing but '80s hits, then what was the point?

to show a different era of miami, a city with a very diverse culture and lots of interesting things? that's a bit more interesting than showing the same 40 year old decade we've seen a million times.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Chuds: We don't have anything against female leads. I mean we love Ripley and Sarah Connor and...eehhh...

GTA 6 has first female character, no other infos.

Chuds: OMG, Rockstar went full woke. LoTR went woke. HOTD went woke. Westworld season 4 is woke.
Black Panther Wakanda Forever trailer focused on women, omg it is woke too.

It never stops.

Wait, why again has Westworld S4 went woke?

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
"Give us a male to play as" said without a hint of irony really is something isn't it?

Like damn, can't remember the last game where I played as a white man. Oh wait it was almost all of them since the dawn of time.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I can imagine if San Andreas came out now they'd be moaning about playing as a black character and calling that woke.
The GAF thread full of people saying they can't relate to playing as a black man and everything involved in that (music, fashion, motivations) was certainly something.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
When overly sensitive bigots don't realize their favorite satirical fiction is probably actually about them.

Jul 12, 2022
If you want a really dumb example in Songs of Conquest discord we had a fellow show up and say SoC having auto-battle is woke.

It seems to have become a catch-all "I don't like this" for alt-right types.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird when people think because of this it won't be funny or violent. They should go watch Harley Quinn and then pretend you can't be "woke" and not be crude, offensive, violent and hilarious

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
A woman complaining about a female main character in GTA?

What the fuck?

She's playing to her base. Thats all this shit is. Take any and every issue and turn it into something divisive because thats red meat to these pathetic incels and losers. They get played for fools. These idiots think something is "woke" because people on the internet tell them it is.