• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
PGS-1-1024x601.jpeg

A European retailer operating out of Slovakia appears to have revealed not only the release date of Sony's next-generation PlayStation 5 console but the launch price as well.

The listing on retailer Progamingshop's website allows users to pre-order the PlayStation 5 for the princely sum of 499.99€ ($556) in anticipation of release on Dec. 4 next year.

Slovakian Retailer 'Leaks' PlayStation 5 Release Date and Price
Programingshop is indeed a genuine retailer, so there's no doubt the listing in real, but it isn't exactly the most polished we've seen.

The image of the PlayStation 5 is quite simply a copy-paste of the product renders based on the devkit patent created by web site Let'sGoDigital. It's the closest we currently have to the real thing, but it doesn't exactly instill confidence for potential buyers having to part with 500 €.
more at link

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Stadia for 0$ looking better every day
Im hoping Sony does better with PSnow though
I would like to use PSnow instead of ps5

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
0% chance this releases outside of the US and other major markets after black Friday.

Price sounds about right though.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
well yeah, we already saw this with ps3 and wages are still pretty bad and we are on the cusp of another recession just like during ps3.

adobot

Mar 19, 2019
Placeholder price. and if PS5 is 500 Euros, then it will be $499.99 USD. I don't think anyone is expecting it to be $399 like PS4.. inflation alone makes it unrealistic. I think a $499 price tag is expected, any more than that and it will be a tough sell for me.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course it won't. Rather, a $399 or lower cost probably means the specs won't be meaningful enough to let it last for another seven years - unless they expect Sony to take a big loss on each machine sold.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. That's way too much. Going over $400 is when people start second guessing.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Not to backseat mod, but does this really need a thread? There's nothing to discuss here that's not already being discussed in 20 other places

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Jim Ryan don't care. He's going to make sure Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us: Factions and Dreams are launch titles and tell you all to get a second job.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
lmao this picture

And I think $500 will be the price of both consoles (for my sorrow)

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
Placeholder price. and if PS5 is 500 Euros, then it will be $499.99 USD. I don't think anyone is expecting it to be $399 like PS4.. inflation alone makes it unrealistic. I think a $499 price tag is expected, any more than that and it will be a tough sell for me.
$499 is expected? says who?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure anything popping up on retailers websites at this time has a high likelihood of being placeholder.

Especially if they are using an image of a devkit, as if it was a retail console.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd honestly pay $500 for PS5 if it means a stronger PS5. $600 would be my ceiling but it'd be INSANE for Sony to put out the standard 'PS5' at that price.

Jim Ryan don't care. He's going to make sure Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us: Factions and Dreams are launch titles and tell you all to get a second job.
Fuck that, I'mma just gonna go and get a second job now, you know, just in case.

adobot

Mar 19, 2019
$499 is expected? says who?

General consensus among those in the game industry, folks on here, reddit, etc. based on the leaked specs. Sure it could be different, but $499 is the sweet spot. They won't be able to offer the specs at a lower cost, and pricing higher will greatly hurt sales.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
This isn't CNN. This is CCN.

Stadia for 0$ looking better every day
Im hoping Sony does better with PSnow though
I would like to use PSnow instead of ps5
I would rather pay $400-500 for a PlayStation 5, knowing I would be getting amazing first party exclusives from Sony, rather than streaming games exclusively from a platform that hasn't proved itself.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CCN lol

Inflation doesn't seem relevant in gaming, games and consoles are basically priced what they were 15 years ago, they're cheaper than they've ever been. It will be interesting to see if MS or Sony try to push above $400

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Don't forget to add the extra Trump tariff tax Americans!

Also there is no way the price would be lknown this far in advance. It'd debated internally right up to price announcement

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
what does NCC hvae to say about it? don't post NNC though garbage website

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the idiot that photoshopped the Devkit forgot to remove the mounting divots.

Status
Not open for further replies.