• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft looks set to hold its regular E3-style Xbox games showcase in June.

That's according to GamesBeat journalist Jeff Grubb, who claimed in a video show on Friday that Microsoft is currently talking to publishers about a June event. This matches what VGC has heard from our own sources.

"I'll probably have more to say on this soon, but it's in June, not May," Grubb said. "Well, they might do something in May or September, I don't know, but I know that they're planning for an E3-style show in June.

"They're talking to partners to get big games in there. That is ongoing right now and it's March, so it's not like they can change that train or turn that big ship around. They are heading in that direction and they're going to do something in that timeframe."
www.vgc.news

Xbox looks set to hold its E3-style showcase in June | VGC

With E3 skipping its third year, Microsoft has contacted publishers about its own digital showcase…

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely don't understand how this is news. Did anyone not expect this and if not, why?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
hoping to see more from their internal studios rather than 3rd Party ones

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
This is the time to hopefully show more gameplay than cg trailers for all of their studios.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Will be interesting to see what they have! Starfield gamplay will likely be one to watch for, and if a new Quake is being made.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Starfield + Avowed + Perfect Dark, show me the goods

I'd also kill for a Halo: Endless announcement but it feels way too soon sadly

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I genuinely don't understand how this is news. Did anyone not expect this and if not, why?
We had a 10+ page thread a few weeks back based on an article about a singular tweet with 30 likes from a random Twitter user about gyro controls. Newsworthiness is not a standard here.

Lystron

Banned
Feb 22, 2022
Damn and MS was the last of the big three to hold onto E3, end of an era.

Some of you got your wish, E3 is truly dead/a dead corpse fooling itself into thinking that it's still alive.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Damn and MS was the last of the big three to hold onto E3, end of an era.

Some of you got your wish, E3 is truly dead/a dead corpse fooling itself into thinking that it's still alive.
They don't do Directs so until they start, I guess they'll hold on to this. I happen to like the Nintendo style presentations because they are more compact and focused. Sony's are mostly bad, but I'll take those over waiting for E3.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Game conferences in June

nothing-stops-the-train-bryan-cranston.gif

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

I genuinely don't understand how someone who is apparently an Editor at a gaming news site wouldn't understand how one of the major platform holders holding a conference event wouldn't be considered news just because it's expected.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

News to me, well I guess that makes sense a week later the new rumour is Xbox is doing E3 again. That announcement was probably enough to just expect an Xbox E3 showcase seeing as Phil is on the board so he would've shifted their plans accordingly.

I don't believe it was officially announced but apparently there was an email to developers about it. Unless something happened between then and now I believe that is what that person is referring to

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it was officially announced but apparently there was an email to developers about it. Unless something happened between then and now I believe that is what that person is referring to
Ah okay, thought I'd missed an official confirmation.

I hope they do something, or if they don't that someone else does. It's nice to get all the E3 stuff tied together in a big week.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I am absolutely shocked that MS would hold an e3 style showcase in the month of June.

Anyone could have made this report or announcement.

Give me some Starfield. Fable, and Perfect Dark trailers please. A Morrowind or Oblivion remake would also be welcomed.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I am absolutely shocked that MS would hold an e3 style showcase in the month of June.

Anyone could have made this report or announcement.

It was a response to a report about a rumor started about two Xbox showcases happening in May and September. Grubb who is usually right about these things says June so thats the one

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Starfield and Forza Motorsport are what I really want to see. The fact they can have so much more is icing on top.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
They don't do Directs so until they start, I guess they'll hold on to this. I happen to like the Nintendo style presentations because they are more compact and focused. Sony's are mostly bad, but I'll take those over waiting for E3.
They are both hit and miss, Nintendo's seem to have a little life to them whereas State of Play's are lifeless movie trailers like we see at the Game Awards.

What I'd like to see from Xbox are more in depth gameplay, not CGI or quick snapshots. Having someone from development can help too if they are good on camera to put some passion into the game and explain things.

When you have 90 minute to 2 hour shows people start to lose interest or want to compare too much and leave some stuff often ignored. I'd rather see 3 or 4 shows a year than a 2 hour dump everything and then forget about it for a year type.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
I shouldn't have said announced. It is a rumor. That's my b.

It is a bummer he won't get to demo it in front of a live audience but it is still gonna be fucking epic.

Oh.

I feel like they would have said so by now. Publishers usually take months to organize these things. Though I'm sure some like Microsoft and Nintendo we're gonna do something, regardless.

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
They're going to have so much shit to show off.

Avowed
Everwild
Fable
Forza Motor Sport
Hellblade 2
State of Decay 3
Contraband
Perfect Dark
Starfield
Redfall

This is just announced projects.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
probably still too early but I would lovvveee to see an update on what direction Ninja Theory are taking with Project Mara.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
They're going to have so much shit to show off.

Avowed
Everwild
Fable
Forza Motor Sport
Hellblade 2
State of Decay 3
Contraband
Perfect Dark
Starfield
Redfall

This is just announced projects.

I'm really doubtful quite a few of those will be shown but I reckon Starfield are Redfall are safe bets. Maybe Hellblade 2 and Project Dark too.
Was Motorsport announced already?

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Can't wait for the inexplicable frothing rage I can experience at seeing a CG trailer.

Honestly though, CG trailers are fine and a weird thing to get angry about. Still, some in game stuff is always cool and I am curious to see how far along some stuff is.

By "some stuff" I basically mean Fable and State of Decay 3.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Wild to think about all the games that MS has in the pipeline. Could be a huge show