• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In 2018

You guys can as well stop dreaming
inXile 2017:
"Not possible. I like Nintendo, but that's not going to happen on that machine. Plus, that's not the audience. Can you imagine a Nintendo game with a million words? That's' a complete mismatch."

And then they became Switch developers later that year. Then Wasteland 2 came to the platform in 2018 along with teases of Torment.

Things change. Money talks.

Plum

May 31, 2018
You:
Can't wait to enjoy the sex scenes on the go.

Me, an intellectual:
giphy.gif

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
If true its going to look and run so awfully that there will be no point in playing it.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This will run like complete and utter shit if it's true - some games just don't need to be ported over

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, you might as well ask for RDR2 as well.

There is some stuff switch can do well. Fighters, racing games, indies, stuff like that.

Open world games with large draw distance? I haven't really seen a third party do it well.

If Witcher 3 was a PS3 game, ok then, I could maybe see it.

But a PS4 game? I don't think so. Saints Row 3 doesn't even look that much better than the Xbox 360 version.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think I found an un-cropped image, if anyone recognizes the site/app:
b585c15c10385343c55c228a9d13b07ecb80883d.jpg

my research continues

OP
OP

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I used the Google Translate app tool to basically just capture and copy the text over and that was one of the two results

The other has led me into Chinese social media and it's a fun adventure. I thought this series of quotes was interesting, though, Google Translate not withstanding.

"I am in a WeChat group of Taobao Switch sellers, I said this is impossible, the seller said that this is true, to prepare the capacity of the memory card above 64G.

He also said that it is scheduled to be 1000 pieces, only the annual version. I only provide information for reference. This letter is still not in itself. "

also they all seem to be parodying it

[Explosive] Gta8 is coming?
"Grand Theft Auto 8: Trump's Donkey" was revealed that it will land on the switch platform in September, and the Asian version will monopolize Chinese.
Thanks for the tieba thread. I saw in another thread that the game on PS4 is around 40GB, so 64GB memory card is the lowest requirement.

There is also a chat screenshot in the same thread with one of the sellers on taobao. The customer support said the source is from upstream.

And of course one person joked about RDR2 lol.
I think I found an un-cropped image, if anyone recognizes the site/app:
b585c15c10385343c55c228a9d13b07ecb80883d.jpg

my research continues
Looks like the same site from the link you provided earlier. That link is from their weibo account and this is from their app.

Just a minor tidbit, this site is notorious as it is the go-to place for hostile Sony fanboys.

Last edited:

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
I love my Switch but It wouldn't be able to run it at all, the biggest limitation are CPU and RAM, which in an open world like the Witcher 3 are heavily used. And even if somehow they would manage to make it happen it would run so poorly in frame rate, resolution, loading times and texture quality that it would make no sense to play such a masterpiece in that version instead of PC

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
No.

Just no.

Look at footage of the Krypt on the switch from MK11. Legit an N64 game.

Maybe Witcher 2, sure. Even that I honestly question, but that game is much more limited in scope.

how is a secondary mode like the krypt an example of how another game can run on it Lol. it's clearly a low effort part.

Oct 25, 2017
how is a secondary mode like the krypt an example of how another game can run on it Lol. it's clearly a low effort part.

I would say the krypt is probably a big part of it, especially the developer seeing as where most of the unlocks come from.

Are you saying the game was low effort? Strange that they would ignore a good chunk of that game.

Dunno, everyone said it was a good port.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Would be cool, but I'm not buying it.

A streaming version maybe, but as others already pointed out those always have "cloud version" in the name and don't get physical releases.

kaii

Nov 24, 2018
Is that just me or there's nothing you can find with "巫师3ns"?
More of that, can't even find anything at sellers pages which was mentioned at the screenshot.
ZKuYFer.png

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rumour: "The Witcher 3 is being released in China and France (two countries that haven't had cloud versions) with a boxed release (something that no cloud version has had so far) and no indication that it's a cloud version (despite every cloud version having 'cloud version' as a subtitle)"

Resetera: "IT MUST BE A CLOUD VERSION!"

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
But there is meant to be a more powerful Switch in The works.

🤔🤔🤔😎

Why do people forget that? Hmmmmm

{New } Switch with exclusive game that only works on that machine? Where have I heard that before from Nintendo??

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the same site from the link you provided earlier. That link is from their weibo account and this is from their app.

Just a minor tidbit, this site is notorious as it is the go-to place for hostile Sony fanboys.

I bring it up cos the website version had a generic controller icon whereas this one has the Witcher logo, so I was a little confused if it was the same thing.

We should find out soon enough how legit it is, at least.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
Streamable Version of Witcher 3 with a twist. First game to be using Xcloud :) I kid, but I secretly want it to be true :)

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting. If there was a Switch Pro this would definitely be a good showcase.
Right.
{New } Switch with exclusive game that only works on that machine? Where have I heard that before from Nintendo??
Not that this rumor is necessarily true, but I could see a scenario where this game works on OG Switch like ARK, while on Switch Plus/Pro/whatever it works reasonably enough for a purchase by most (so with frame drops here and there but playable).

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I love Witcher 3 but even on Pro that game has noticeable frame drops. Can't imagine how would it perform on Switch.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
This ain't a Cloud version targeting Japan.

Those Chinese advertisements literally advertise the game including Chinese language options in it, which would be irrelevant for Japan.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
witcher-1-740x444.png

I could probably live with a game that looks like this. I imagine they could even get sharper textures if they optimize the shit out of it.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
I still believe that if anything comes, it's be a spin-off.
That being said, I also think that a port of witcher 3 is more likely than a streaming version of the game releasing outside of Japan.

I also want to be careful as Witcher 3, portable on Switch would be a dream port. But we had two independent retailer rumours now, are close to E3 and the French retailer also leaked AC3 at the same time which came out last week.

Slight graphical downgrades don't matter, if they could pull this one off decently (i.e. without loss of immersion) it could sell millions. Millions of people bought the Switch at launch for nothing but the other mature open-world game of the decade, BotW.

I'm a long-term fan of RPGs and open-world / exploration titles like (especially) Zelda and this is by far the only truly interesting title for me in the PS4 / Xbox lineup that had seen no true chance of porting so far. Let's see whether this is true.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I also want to be careful as Witcher 3, portable on Switch would be a dream port. But we had two independent retailer rumours now, are close to E3 and the French retailer also leaked AC3 at the same time which came out last week.

Slight graphical downgrades don't matter, if they could pull this one off decently (i.e. without loss of immersion) it could sell millions. Millions of people bought the Switch at launch for nothing but the other mature open-world game of the decade, BotW. I'm a long-term RPG and Zelda fan and this is by far the only truly interesting title for me in the PS4 / Xbox lineup that has seen no true chance of porting so far.

I wholeheartedly agree mate. I have a high tolerance for graphical downgrades, probably because I've been playing games for 30 years now. While I can spot the differences between Doom Switch and Doom on a 1080Ti, I do not find that the former is fundamentally a different experience once I start playing. And in that regard, portability is to me worth it in any case. Witcher 3 at low settings and 25-30fps would be perfectly acceptable to me.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd dig it if they could actually pull it off in a way that it actually resembles the game we know, but something tells me it's a stream game like AC:O and RE7. Witcher 3 actually was fairly well received in Japan (thus why Geralt's made so many guest appearances in Japanese games these days) so I could actually see them doing that for Japan only on the streaming thing.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
teh only way I can see this happening is if CDPR had access to stronger hardware. like the 1.78GHz cpu clock at all times or a Switch Pro.

otherwise, I doubt they'd release the game with such a cpu bottleneck

OP
OP

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Can you please provide link to any of these item pages? I've even tried to use chinese VPN at this moment but still zero results here except that one with vinyl stickers.
This is the one at the top left corner. Don't expect anything inside these listings as product pages are all customization by different sellers, and most of them only contains advertisements of their shops.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This would be great!I have been thinking about finally replaying the game and a Switch version would be ideal as long it doesn;t have any problems.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
I wholeheartedly agree mate. I have a high tolerance for graphical downgrades, probably because I've been playing games for 30 years now. While I can spot the differences between Doom Switch and Doom on a 1080Ti, I do not find that the former is fundamentally a different experience once I start playing. And in that regard, portability is to me worth it in any case. Witcher 3 at low settings and 25-30fps would be perfectly acceptable to me.

A loss of face animation details would be too much though. One thing outstanding about TW3 is the love for the characters you see in all the beautiful face details..

But let's patiently wait for E3 then..?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
While I do not like leaks in general, that game has been rumored so much that I wouldn't mind if someone in the know gave us an insight on whether or not it's happening.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
GOTY edition is the best game ever, insane value right there. Would be awesome to have a Switch version, maybe it will help the case for a new hardware? I hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.