• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
*Insert huge fucking facepalm here*

Seriously, if this is real I only have 1 thing to say to Activision: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? Warzone should clearly be the one and only Call of Duty Battle Royale keep, isn't that why it's free-to-play?
Update: added threadmark on it possibly being Black Ops content in Warzone. Someone asked Jeff why they don't just add Black Ops content to Warzone instead of splitting the playerbase, to which Jeff responded
They might do that. I don't get it either.

Last edited:

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
*Insert huge fucking facepalm here*

Seriously, if this is real I only have 1 thing to say to Activision: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? Warzone should clearly be the one and only Call of Duty Battle Royale keep, isn't that why it's free-to-play?

It's probably a second map for warzone

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll laugh If they spilt the base and have a seperate base. Then download the shit.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
doesn't seem that bad, have blackout mixed with the new COD stuff, Warzone is free to play while blackout is an extra mode for the new COD.

Makes sense

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
*Making yearly new interactions of Campaign, Multiplayer, PVE Multiplayer (Whether it's zombies or spec ops) and now battle royal*

Say what you will about the quality but the COD teams sure know hustle.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, I imagine it will just be a rename like Call of Duty Season 2: Blackout or a new map or something of that nature. I can't imagine them having two F2P BR going at the same time. Shit would be wack.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i mean i enjoyed blackout much more than warzone, and theres no way the gunplay will be similar in both games, so its not like youll be hoping from blackops mp to warzone.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Blackout felt like an entirely different game.

Hell, by the end of it they had fishing for weapons, and kitana's. Keep that garbo out of Warzone.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
Good Lord it better be integrated into warzone. If Activision manage to fuck up their own massive success Kotick should be fired honestly. CoD basically carries half the damn company, it shouldn't be hard to coordinate between Treyarch and IW.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the Blackout map in Warzone. No one cares about Blackout anymore, but a "new" map will be cool for Warzone

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
JEFFREY GRUBB you have any more information on this? I (and I assume many others) are probably hoping that this is some sort of miscommunication and that they're simply integrating CoD2020's take on Battle Royale into Warzone, such as simply adding a Cold War themed map and having all your loadouts and customization carrying over between Warzone and CoD2020 just like it does now between Warzone and MW2019.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
lol if they keep going back and forth that would be stupid. I definitely preferred Blackout to Warzone though so if they bring that map over to Warzone that would be cool.

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
It will probably run along side it. It will probably be connected to this next CoD game. It will probably require you to download the entire of the next CoD game to access Blackout for free (like in Modern Warfare). If you want both Warzone and Blackout installed, you'd have to have both the next CoD game and Modern Warfare installed. It will probably have a different progression to Warzone, both in terms of player progression and Battle Pass. Your cosmetics will of course probably not cross over. You had a good thing here, Activision.

That's probably like 400GB+.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
They need to consolidate Infinity Ward and Treyarch into one studio and focus on putting out fewer but better-supported games. I'm not going to invest my time and money in your service game if everyone is going to abandon it in a year's time for your next service game.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Actually wouldn't mind it if it was free to play aswell. Warzone is cool and all but the map is just uninspired and boring overall. The collision is all over the place especially on any rocky mountain side. So I wouldn't mind ill just uninstall the one I dont like to play anymore.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who literally jsut started played warzone, what's a blackout??

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Activision state that of course they're totally going to keep supporting Warzone. Keep buying those Battle Passes and cosmetics because we're totally going to keep it around!

Meanwhile, everyone who's played COD before knows that they'll drop it as soon as the new one comes out. Of course Black Ops Cold War is going to have it's own Blackout mode. It's what all the COD fans are going to be playing and buying DLC for. You don't want them going back to Warzone when a new game is out.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I liked Blackout more, so I'm curious. If it expands on that and takes some of the QoL additions Warzone has I'd definitely switch over.

Warzone is fun though, and I'm pretty sure they both could exist with good player bases.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Activision state that of course they're totally going to keep supporting Warzone. Keep buying those Battle Passes and cosmetics because we're totally going to keep it around!

Meanwhile, everyone who's played COD before knows that they'll drop it as soon as the new one comes out. Of course Black Ops Cold War is going to have it's own Blackout mode. It's what all the COD fans are going to be playing and buying DLC for. You don't want them going back to Warzone when a new game is out.
.. You know that it's probably just the Blackout map going in Warzone, right ? Hence the "In some form". There was some leaks indicating that Warzone was here to stay.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they just keep adding to Warzone and make it it's own thing. Stop splitting the community up.

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
JEFFREY GRUBB you have any more information on this? I (and I assume many others) are probably hoping that this is some sort of miscommunication and that they're simply integrating CoD2020's take on Battle Royale into Warzone, such as simply adding a Cold War themed map and having all your loadouts and customization carrying over between Warzone and CoD2020 just like it does now between Warzone and MW2019.

It's totally possible that this is how Activision will do it. I know that they were having issues testing blackout due to COVID. That could just mean testing the content, though, right?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to play Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War - Warzone: Blackout.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I almost reached for that famous Kevin Spacey SUPERMAN RETURNS gif but we cancelled him (for good reason!).

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's totally possible that this is how Activision will do it. I know that they were having issues testing blackout due to COVID. That could just mean testing the content, though, right?
Could and hopefully will be, but when I hear Blackout the first thing which pops up in my mind is the actual mode, not that mode's content coming to another mode/game (Warzone).

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Too many duties they are calling me for. Scale back my duties plz

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Ah OK. Thanks! I'm assuming it still has standard battle Royale and plunder?

It had standard with a bunch of its own specialty modes. Fog/Close Quarters/Ambush/Quick Collapse/Hardcore/Infected plus a bunch of others I'm missing. Had a second map Alcatrez which had its own rules as well. Definitely more experimental there than WZ is at the moment, but it's still early.

I wish they'd have kept a lot of the map redesigns over the seasons as part of the rotation. The flood was different enough to the default map to keep it interesting.

Fog in Warzone would be interesting.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they just stick to Warzone. It'd be mostly just a skin at the end of the day.

Edit: A skin as in slapping a Cold War theme on Warzone, to clarify.

Last edited:

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly wouldn't be mad if this is true.

I liked Blackout more than Warzone by a long shot, wish that was the one they stuck with.