• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If this is real, I hope someone makes a Nathan Fillion character skin for the Uncharted games.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a while. does Sony have any upcoming events? If they do this'd be a groundbreaking announcement for them to make

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a while. does Sony have any upcoming events? If they do this'd be a groundbreaking announcement for them to make
They're not gonna announce PC ports at their events pretty sure. Those are mostly tucked in random gi biz articles. That said them porting UC4 leaked from some whitepaper. As for events there is one a week from now 40 mins long focused on PS4/5 games and third party games.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing fake, because I just don't see why they would bundle them all together, when they could sell them in the same packages as on Playstation and make more money.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
That is approaching "graphic design is my passion" levels of fake.
I take it you haven't seen the official art for the PS4 collection, then.
nd_blog_undcannounce_kljjr.jpg
utndc-mainsxk99.jpg
313865-uncharted-the-zjjd5.jpg

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
September 9th 40min show focusing on PS4/PS5 titles with no PSVR2 news, but more stuff/interviews after the show. The after-show is where I can see something like this being mentioned, if it does happen.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
So…the Steam Deck will be one portable device that can play both Halo and Uncharted? 😎

God Steam Deck is gonna be so good for all this stuff. Even if it can't play new titles going forward at 60fps without sever compromised to graphical details, it will be a beast of a backwards compatibility machine and probably replace all consoles for me except PS3 and PS4.

The thought of jumping from something like Link to the Past, to Metroid Prime, to Super Mario 3D world, Sonic Adventure, Witcher 3, Horizon ZD, a bunch of visual novels and indie titles, Divinity Original Sin 2 and other CRPGs, Elden Ring. I'm salivating.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I think they announced a state of play today for the 6th of this month I think...

September 9th 40min show focusing on PS4/PS5 titles with no PSVR2 news, but more stuff/interviews after the show. The after-show is where I can see something like this being mentioned, if it does happen.

thanks. I don't remember a Sony state of play ever being that memorable, but I also don't think they've had an E3-equivalent event this year so far.

They're not gonna announce PC ports at their events pretty sure. Those are mostly tucked in random gi biz articles. That said them porting UC4 leaked from some whitepaper. As for events there is one a week from now 40 mins long focused on PS4/5 games and third party games.

They aren't gonna use any events to announce PC ports. Both Horizon and Days Gone were "quiet releases" and officially confirmed via interviews.

Okay then. I guess this can also still be fake.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
thanks. I don't remember a Sony state of play ever being that memorable, but I also don't think they've had an E3-equivalent event this year so far.
The September 9th showcase isn't a State of Play, so expect the heavy hitters/E3-equivalent for this one. It's called Playstation Showcase 2021.

Dec 23, 2017
I've been trying to temper my expectations but the usual people who would do that have been hyping it up, as well as Playstation devs on Twitter with the sneaky eyes emoji. Excited to finally see some new stuff from them.

It's tough isn't it, lol. Imagine playing Uncharted 2 with mouse and keyboard controls, it would be wild.

I'm doing my best to temper my expectations as well. I wonder what those PlayStation Devs are up to.

ShaiKhulud

Oct 27, 2017
Kazan, Russia
I love how nobody even batted an eye about SMM panel. Sony is using Khoros for scheduled posts and it looks nothing like this lol.
faf623b9-5ff1-4460-a274-e2a6ef8a78f0.png

Also TM on the word collection is clearly out of place, and ND PC Collection title is dumb even for Sony.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's so fucking good if it's a thing, 4K 144hz uncharted man

Happy to see lost legacy on there, only UC game I've yet to play
Lost Legacy might be the most fun UC game, not counting 2. So . . . I'm jealous you have that to look forward to.

...I wonder if they'll restore any cut content from UC4 since dev on TLoU2 wrapped.

Probably not.

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
I love how nobody even batted an eye about SMM panel. Sony is using Khoros for scheduled posts and it looks nothing like this lol.
faf623b9-5ff1-4460-a274-e2a6ef8a78f0.png

Also TM on the word collection is clearly out of place, and ND PC Collection title is dumb even for Sony.

I think there's been a number of posts here that have found evidence that this may not be a substantiated rumor, but those all went ignored for one reason or another.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
I take it you haven't seen the official art for the PS4 collection, then.
nd_blog_undcannounce_kljjr.jpg
utndc-mainsxk99.jpg
313865-uncharted-the-zjjd5.jpg

This doesn't look that bad, the "leaked" image is a bad recreation and didn't even follow some balance rules with the logos on the very corner of the image. I can't say it's fake, but if it's real, probably its just a placeholder.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I wonder what PC hardware "blows Series X out of the water". The gap between PC and console has never been smaller.
i mean architecture wise yes, but there is a wide variety of ways on how you can build a PC.

A low / budget build could be on par or performance worse to current consoles. But any mid or higher end PC are still going to blow them out of the water. And it always has been this way

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It is just strange that there are no debunking of this rumor from bigger insiders or journalists.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
It's officially Monday aka the day in the UK so I am here to get hyped to end up getting disappointed

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
It's officially Monday aka the day in the UK so I am here to get hyped to end up getting disappointed
Ironically, I believe the date is the biggest red flag in what makes this fake. Not the art, not the name of the collection but the date.

Playstation conference is Thursday. And 9/6 is Labor Day in the US, a federal holiday. Just seems like a weird day to announce this

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Ironically, I believe the date is the biggest red flag in what makes this fake. Not the art, not the name of the collection but the date.

Playstation conference is Thursday. And 9/6 is Labor Day in the US, a federal holiday. Just seems like a weird day to announce this

I would expect this to be announced on a Tuesday as we know Sony likes random Tuesdays

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I would expect this to be announced on a Tuesday as we know Sony likes random Tuesdays
Same. That's what happened with Days Gone and Horizon IIRC. Horizon did have some rumblings from people that it was a thing prior as well.

The tweet is scheduled to go live at 10:00 am according to the Pic in the OP. Not sure what time zone that refers to but we will see 🤷‍♂️

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'll tell you what will be announced at 10am today: absolutely nothing.

Expect the Uncharted 4 PC port to have its official announcement when and where you least expect it, buried in a new Herman interview somewhere, and the page simultaneously appearing on Steam out of nowhere.

Sony fears its fans even more than Bieber. They've got to be stealthy when announcing this stuff.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
It's weird though. If you get off on making fakes like this, surely you'd put the tweet date further in the future so that people are on tenterhooks for longer, and therefore you get your jollies longer.

No?

SimonM7

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden

These people are genuinely scary to me. Their sheer frothing-at-the-mouth intensity and total disregard for the facts in plain view in front of them, and their disinterest in being even a little bit informed before shouting opinions based on pure assumption. I've interacted with sincerity and calm with a few of these weirdos and it's like trying to grapple with angry, poisonous jello.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
These people are genuinely scary to me. Their sheer frothing-at-the-mouth intensity and total disregard for the facts in plain view in front of them, and their disinterest in being even a little bit informed before shouting opinions based on pure assumption. I've interacted with sincerity and calm with a few of these weirdos and it's like trying to grapple with angry, poisonous jello.

That sort of thing always reminds of when MS announced it'd be doing day-and-date releases beginning with Quantum Break, prompting this awkward exchange:

Fanboyism is a hell of a drug. Credit where it's due, though: he did a hell of a job living up to his username.

Status
Not open for further replies.