• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Honestly, I was in a mood for a futuristic CoD. They could handle them this way: Sledgehammer - Futuristic War, Treyarch - Past War, Infinity Ward - Modern War. It makes sense this way imo. At least we're getting a Cold War game this year (the campaign might be pretty interesting if Mason and the numbers are back)

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
"Press F to push red button."

The "Shiny Red Button" :D

csgW7VJ.jpg

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please have less porous maps than Modern Warfare, more vivid colors to make out enemies, and longer time-to-kill.

I love the setting of the first Black Ops. Hopefully this matches that.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Call of Duty: Cold War.

Gone is the FPS gameplay, replaced with a Mass Effect style dialogue system as you spend hours on the phone with Russia.

I'm in!

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Call of Duty:
Subtitle
Subtitle
Crazy, right =P I feel like they're reaching a point where they could ditch "Call of Duty" from the titles and spin Blops and MW into their own franchises. Have a CoD game every three years or so that experiments with a completely new setting. Creates a lot of room for divergence if they wanted to experiment with it.

At the very least, it's testament to their ability to create phenomenal brand power.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give me the same gameplay and TTK as Blops 4 and I'm all in. The Blops series has had its problems but as far as I'm concerned Treyarch are the kings of gameplay.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, CODBOCW, my favourite entry.

Can we please make the short hand for it be Blops Cow? 😅

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
can't wait for the umpteenth reboot of zombies

Maybe they'll figure out the solution is to strip away the excessive gameplay gimmicks and just make it fun and non confusing.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I really feel that Treyarch are the poorest development team in the Call of Duty stable, I've never understood why the Black Ops series was so successful relative to the other sub-series. Their games are always the most technically questionable, with frequent poor graphical performance and connection bugs. The single-player element was always weaker than the Modern Warfare series or the other IW/Sledgehammer series. I did quite enjoy World at War at the time, but the rest of them are subpar on the campaign side. The multiplayer was not as bad, but never stellar. I'll be giving this a miss.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
This was originally the first title that Raven was the lead developer, I wonder what they come up with singleplayer because it was way too late for Treyarch to build the campaign from the ground up.

Anyway, MW and BF3 to BF1 on PC are more than enough to keep me busy on the MP side of things I'm not going to buy anything Treyarch related without a big discount. I fucking hate their post Black Ops era art direction.

maxresdefault.jpg

x9du6gulmnz11.png

6118wjpll6831.jpg

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This was originally the first title that Raven was the lead developer, I wonder what they come up with singleplayer because it was way too late for Treyarch to build the campaign from the ground up.

Anyway, MW and BF3 to BF1 on PC are more than enough to keep me busy on the MP side of things I'm not going to buy anything Treyarch related without a big discount. I fucking hate their post Black Ops era art direction.

maxresdefault.jpg

x9du6gulmnz11.png

6118wjpll6831.jpg
Hoping they stray away from overly saturated colors myself as well, maybe learn something from MW and make that much needed switch

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Don't care what it's called. Just don't be as shit as last year's camp fest bullshit of a game. Infinity Ward has fucking lost it since Infinite Warfare.

Onlygames

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 21, 2020
De_Dust2
Crazy, right =P I feel like they're reaching a point where they could ditch "Call of Duty" from the titles and spin Blops and MW into their own franchises. Have a CoD game every three years or so that experiments with a completely new setting. Creates a lot of room for divergence if they wanted to experiment with it.

At the very least, it's testament to their ability to create phenomenal brand power.
Maybe go the way Gears did and just call it COD: Black Ops Cold War. Makes it somewhat better I suppose. :P

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I want them to make the multiplayer component a separate launcher.
Screw wasting 150GB on campaign data that I will only play for 8hrs.

Don't care what it's called. Just don't be as shit as last year's camp fest bullshit of a game. Infinity Ward has fucking lost it since Infinite Warfare.

I'm not having unusual issues with campers.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're going to have to do a lot to impress me. Free maps and dlc is the bare minimum. I felt so burned buying BO4...

scott97

Jan 22, 2019
They've already shown Vietnam, Cuba, Afghanistan, Panama, and Angola. Do they go for new countries/topics (Cuban Missile Crisis, Nicaragua, Iraq) or more of the same. They'll probably show Vietnam again at least.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hated these changes coming from Blops 2. It doesn't need to be a hero shooter and, under minding score streaks. Then having a high TTK with stim shots and no proper equipment like grenades
I agree that grenades were made too weak, but the high TTK was perfect for me. It's the main reason I don't like MW. I don't mind if stim comes or goes.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
www.google.com

This year's Call of Duty is called Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

This autumn's Call of Duty game is called Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, according to a leak backed up by Eurogamer'…

"This autumn's Call of Duty game is called Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, according to a leak backed up by Eurogamer's own sources."

"Call of Duty leaker Okami posted a mocked-up box cover with the correct title on Twitter last night. It's fair to say this isn't the artwork you'll see later this year, but the title is on the money."

"As the name suggests, Treyarch's Black Ops series is returning to its roots with a historical setting. Treyarch's series began in the 1960s, before leaping into the future for its sequels.

It's a similar situation to Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare, which after several sequels got a soft reboot last year.

As Eurogamer reported yesterday, Call of Duty battle royale Warzone has begun a set of teases to do with its locked bunkers, which will slowly hint at a Cold War setting over time. There's more to come there before Activision makes Cold War official, though of course players have already glitched through walls and seen some of what is in store, including a Cold War era spyplane."

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't it be easier to just call it Call of Duty: Cold War? Why the prefix?

Screw it, just give me Cold of Duty: Final Chapter Warlogue

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Black Ops was a great game. If they actually manage to capture what made it so great, Reznov fuckery included, I might actually enjoy a Call of Duty game again.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Black Ops was a great game. If they actually manage to capture what made it so great, Reznov fuckery included, I might actually enjoy a Call of Duty game again.
Yeah, this is pretty much a catch-all shot for them to catch the magic of blops 1, especially with the hype coming off MW and all it's success
Soft reboot is a good chance for treyarch to win me back

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I was in a mood for a futuristic CoD. They could handle them this way: Sledgehammer - Futuristic War, Treyarch - Past War, Infinity Ward - Modern War. It makes sense this way imo.

I wouldn't bank on futuristic stuff coming back. They have toyed around with it a fair bit this gen and for whatever reason I just don't think it's really landed at all.

By comparison, they are the best gig in town when it comes to current time period with MW, and the nostalgia/brand recognition for Cold War era Black Ops is crazy strong. I think we'll get alternate MW/BLOPS games for the foreseeable now. Maybe even the next 4-5 years.