• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Thats clearly not happening :P

scared-homer-simpson.gif

In all seriousness, though, I'll absolutely play it day one on PS5. I loved the hell out of the first game, but I also just got an ultrawide monitor, so I can dream.. hehe.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just an FYI, Star Ocean 6 will be shown at a State of Play next week :)

Forgot there's Star Ocean: The Divine Force news confirmed for this month.

There's also Dragon Quest Treasures news coming in June, but I imagine that'll show up in the rumored Nintendo Direct rather than State of Play.

Tactics Ogre: Reborn I'll bet on Nintendo as well since the original game was on Super Famicom.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So what, just a trailer drop or another AAA oriented SoP? We still need to see TLOU Part 1 gameplay.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
So what, just a trailer drop or another AAA oriented SoP? We still need to see TLOU Part 1 gameplay.

It is so hard to predict with Sony. There is so much they could show. It really could go either way. I am more inclined to think they will just have a God of War focused SoP, but really anything could happen.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they show some of that "sequel hook" in regards to gameplay. I know people have meme'd the whole "it looks like a DLC" thing, but as far as combat and core gameplay is concerned, the last trailer really didn't show much new stuff, so here is hoping they show a good bit of new combat mechanics and maybe even a new weapon.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Not expecting day 1 PC but hope they have some date alongside whatever they announce. And a lot sooner than previous ports.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Not saying Elden Ring won't win but I tend not to doubt a sequel to a game whose prior entry won over 200 GOTY awards. There are barely any games that ever win that amount and the last time a sequel to one did (TLOU/TLOU2) the sequel was praised more than the original. Games with great stories also tend to have an advantage and the story in Elden Ring is weak.

Sekiro won GOTY as well and I wouldnt call its story fantastic (its fun though).

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Announcing today would kinda make sense. With GoW doing nordic mythology now it's only fitting to do something on one of the most important holidays up here: midsummers eve

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
They had to wait for A Plague Tale Requiem to announce. I get it Sony, I get it.

Hoping for November!

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
November sounds epic.

I think I'm too weak to not watch a trailer if they drop one.
I'm kinda confident they won't show too much though.

For some reason post release trailers are pretty bad about spoiling the cool stuff.

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
Im glad if it comes out this year. Also sad because there goes any chances of Elden Ring getting GOTY.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Im glad if it comes out this year. Also sad because there goes any chances of Elden Ring getting GOTY.
Nah Elden Ring will still be the heavy favorite to win GOTY.

God of War however will prevent it from winning like 95% of all the awards though. Making the year more interesting.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
You know even if this year had a number of delays, getting both Elden Ring and Ragnarok, alongside other great games makes it quite a good year overall.

Altezein

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
People seem to kinda forget the VGAs is not the only GOTY award for some reason. Funilly enough, Resident Evil 2 and Death Stranding got more GOTY awards from outlets than Sekiro, the VGAs winner, it was a very close call. Same happened witch Uncharted 4 vs Overwatch. My take is that Elden Ring and GoWR may end up with a similar split, both wining similar amount of GOTYs from outlets. I don't care which wins what btw

Status
Not open for further replies.