• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
It's just so ridiculous though. It's not going to be on PC day one. We know that. Everyone knows that. Everyone who genuinely thinks otherwise is a moron. Why just have people continue to post about it?
We see Sony moving their PC releases closer and closer to console, so it's not exactly outrageous to hope for a day one PC release. It will happen eventually.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
We see Sony moving their PC releases closer and closer to console, so it's not exactly outrageous to hope for a day one PC release. It will happen eventually.
There was 0% chance of Uncharted, God of War, Spider-Man ever, The Last of Us ever coming to PC but here we are. I don't know why people still get upset over these discussions.

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree that it is a given that there will be day one PC releases for Sony ever (in fact, I'd find this pretty unlikely for multiple reasons) but I admit it could happen... many years from now for smaller titles. However, it is absolutely illogical to think that this particular game will be day one release on PC. Without a doubt this will not happen and so anyone posting stupid stuff like "Day one PC?" is just needlessly derailing the thread (much like this post is now in response).

Oct 27, 2017
There was 0% chance of Uncharted, God of War, Spider-Man ever, The Last of Us ever coming to PC but here we are. I don't know why people still get upset over these discussions.
There hasn't really been 0% chance of those happening ever since Sony did their first PC release though, they were all quite possible once that first step was taken (as is any Sony title, I'm still hoping we finally get Bloodborne).

Day one releases of new (flagship) games though? Absolutely there is 0% chance of that happening anytime soon, and anyone who says otherwise is just lying to themselves. Maybe in a year or two we could be looking at day one releases for smaller/non-tier one titles (something like Sackboy etc), but for the big hitters, it just isn't happening.

Happy to be proven wrong though, I'd prefer to game on my PC anyways.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Theres a difference between day one God Of War sequel and "in development for PC" remake and years late ports of games - yes they are a big deal but nothing seems to indicate Day One AAA coming to PC this year at least

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
I'm against the ban but Sony didn't even release a remaster of Uncharted collection on PC day one and till now after 6 month and you think there is a possibility of them releasing their biggest game of the year the same day on PC?!

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
What does sony sand to gain by releasing their biggest IPs day one PC? Forgetting that they need to sell consoles and PS+ subs? Do you expect them to do that when they can also just release said games 2-3 years later on PC and still make a good amount of money from it after having met all their Playstation obligations?

And now this thread is becoming about a port of the same or such games at a time where there is no reason to believe they could ever happen.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The charts Sony released last month to investors had already showed that the plan for the next 4 years at least isnt to release all First Party games on day one with PC, and rather have around a 2:1 rate of PS5:PC game releases by then.

And as the discussion here shows, all that post led to was the thread being derailed out of talking about the game itself to a completely different topic, so might as well steer this discussion back to its course:

GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK NEXT WEEK YAY
kratos-god-of-war.gif

Hope the release date isnt too late in November.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
User banned (2 weeks): Hostility. Prior bans for the same behavior.
Sony literally moved from Never releasing on PC --> Releasing Helldivers on PC ---> Releasing PS4 games on PC ---> Releasing PS5 games on PC ---> Announcing games for PC Together with the console version (TLOU Remake) but OMG DAY 1 RELEASES ARE TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE ANYONE WHO THINKS IT IS IS A MORON PLZ BAN

grow the fuck up ya'll and touch some grass

Yes... it derails the thread. Like its such an obviously stupid thing to say that it's borderline trolling. And that dirty type of trolling that could be either trolling PC gamers or Playstation gamers lol.

How the fuck can you even derail a thread like this

Apr 5, 2022
Sony literally moved from Never releasing on PC --> Releasing Helldivers on PC ---> Releasing PS4 games on PC ---> Releasing PS5 games on PC ---> Announcing games for PC Together with the console version (TLOU Remake) but OMG DAY 1 RELEASES ARE TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE ANYONE WHO THINKS IT IS IS A MORON PLZ BAN

I'd show you an example but I really don't wanna act like a stupid idiot in this place. I mean, it's not hard to follow a topic. As a matter of fact, It's easy to derail a thread its simply going off topic and acting douchey for no reason especially over video game news, we all should be excited instead of being a-holes on a forum. (Not saying it's you, but I've seen my fair share of that kind of people and yeah...you know who you are if you see this) So yeah, if June 30th is something special then I'm all for it. I'd love to see more of God of War: Ragnarok!

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
If it's not announced with a PC version, leave the port begging at the door. It does nothing for discussions and is a legitimate derail.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
It isn't that far-fetched to suggest ps5 games will start dropping on pc day 1 relatively soon. It helps the teams recoup the ever inflating costs of AAA production and long dev cycles. Revenue and opportunity cost will always Trump brand perception when push comes to shove.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I'd show you an example but I really don't wanna act like a stupid idiot in this place. I mean, it's not hard to follow a topic. As a matter of fact, It's easy to derail a thread its simply going off topic and acting douchey for no reason especially over video game news, we all should be excited instead of being a-holes on a forum. (Not saying it's you, but I've seen my fair share of that kind of people and yeah...you know who you are if you see this) So yeah, if June 30th is something special then I'm all for it. I'd love to see more of God of War: Ragnarok!

Yea but the pont is, that there is no conversation here even able to be derailed.
It's just a dude posting a gif and everyone going WHOA and making jokes.
And a very few people speculating wether or not its related to a release date announcement and whatever.
Like how is "Will sony maybe announce this game for PC" who just put a bunch of other games including this very franchise(!) on PC any more offtopic than anything else posted here.

But you know what, im already getting too much into conversations with strangers on the internet again so ima just put the thread on ignore

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

Yep, you're spittin

This is where this forum really shows how stupid it is at times

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
How did this get a warning lol. So trivial
Port begging gets warnings because it can ruin topics by derailing/flooding them. It has happened a lot in the past to the point that it became a rule to not do so.

Edit:

On topic, I think it will be announced in 30 days and not on the 30th. That said I would love if it was on the 30th because I already have that day off.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
I really want to see some gameplay to see how the combat has improved over the original. SSM has already said several times that they have taken Tlou part 2 as inspiration for how to make a sequel, something that in terms of gameplay should be felt.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
I think their games will be day 1 on plus extra too, except in very unique circumstances like Spider-Man
Ryan literally said that they can't put their games on PS Plus day 1 just a few weeks ago.

There was also an interview where Hermen Hulst said they'd put 1st party games on PC a few years after release. There's really nothing to debate here regarding a GoWR day 1 PC release, Sony has been clear that's not gonna happen.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
dear sony: please dont do this with a twitter jpeg, do a proper sop. thank you. (in fact, you should've done a bigger showcase instead of a sop a couple weeks ago and include gow, but thats beside the point)

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
I would personally prefer the PC day 1 stuff speculation not being in this thead..we don't even know if its gonna be announced for PC in this rumored announcement.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
The charts Sony released last month to investors had already showed that the plan for the next 4 years at least isnt to release all First Party games on day one with PC, and rather have around a 2:1 rate of PS5:PC game releases by then.

And as the discussion here shows, all that post led to was the thread being derailed out of talking about the game itself to a completely different topic, so might as well steer this discussion back to its course:

GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK NEXT WEEK YAY
kratos-god-of-war.gif

Hope the release date isnt too late in November.

All that needs to be said about this subject.

Anyway, I wonder what we'll get next week.

Just a announcement like Rift Apart with a date and pre-order info?

Story trailer like when GOW 2018 release date was announced?

Actual SOP like the ones we got for TLOU2, GOT or HFW?

Status
Not open for further replies.