• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I mean schrier and other Sony linked media said the ps5 was 100% more powerful and MS was running behind 🤷‍♂️ It's almost like the industry is too big anyone to know all the things
In podcasts etc. Your welcome to go through the speculation archives where it was brought up
As someone who watched his podcasts, you are spreading false information, he never said that, only thing he did get wrong is that PS5 will have over 10.7TF.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
This person being quoted in the article should not be taken seriously. He's a straight up troll.

e2MG8KG.png
Makes this tweet a lot funnier

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My God what bullshit. Aside from Cerny saying they have a cooling solution everyone will be quite happy with, it's also very normal for Sony to show design late in the marketing cycle.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
User Banned (1 Day): Trolling Over Multiple Posts
You made a claim. It's up to you to prove that claim.
Nah, it's really not. When media types get to say "their hearing" x,y,z without proof I get to say I heard it. I also remember Colin moriarty saying it on sacred symbols and I remember all of it being brought up time and time again when the "ps5 has more tflops than xbox2" crowd were crowing in the speculation threads. Again I'm not looking to crucify anyone here. People only comment on the information they are given and intuit what murky facts they get. Maybe we shouldn't be spreading FUD in the first place? But again that's probably a longer talk on internet media and the need to be first over factual when generating revenue

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Just why do you try to spin it even more? When have Schreier or some others said this? This is just false information.
Mods really should react faster to these threads. This rumour has been debunked already and the speculation seems to only add to console warring.

I think his point is, Nobody gets it right all the time.
I doubt anyone with brains believes the FUD that's sourced in the OP, but bringing up Corden's Scorpio tweet from 2016(?) makes no sense either.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
"Supposed unnamed dev sources tell reporters like Windows Central's "

A microsoft biased site will surely not post crap about other products

Alyna

Banned
Apr 3, 2020
I mean schrier and other Sony linked media said the ps5 was 100% more powerful and MS was running behind 🤷‍♂️ It's almost like the industry is too big anyone to know all the things

59c8ac79-781e-40cb-89yj57.jpeg

www.resetera.com

Tom Warren: “hardly anyone has them” (Scarlett dev kits) “They’re no where near final”

Not sure if the "trying to surprise Sony" part is quite right -- common sense would suggest that, like with the Xbox One, Microsoft is just running behind schedule and will launch pretty hot -- but I've talked to a few third-party developers who said they were frustrated by the lack of info on...

it's Safe to say that MS is not lagging behind at all. They already showed even everything about the Series X hardware inside and out.
They even gave the console itself to several journalists.
And yeah I think MS surprised Sony and caught them off guard.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Yup, this looks like total bullshit.

But I wont be surprised if something like this was actually true, regardless of this stupid article.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a similar article show up on my google feed... I barely follow hardware news but when I saw the source I almost burst out laughing. Why even post this trash?

Oct 25, 2017
Utter nonsense by a known fanboy who locked down his twitter after being exposed, and being vouched by 2 WindowsCentral guys who are now backtracking on this shit. Professionalism at its absolute finest.

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't see how that is relevant beyond not being able to prove a negative. Sony has been manufacturing electronics for what, 60-70 years? In what world does it make any sense for the console manufacturer with an extensive background in electronics and who has seen huge success every generation, including dominating the market 3/4 generations, would somehow bungle the development of their next console so much that 6 months away from the planned release they are still scrambling to get it working/reliable? Like, it takes a fanboy, a conspiracy theorist or somebody shockingly ignorant of the video game landscape to believe that. It's a silly rumor.

As far as Cerny not going into detail about the cooling system, how relevant is that at what was essentially a GDC panel? And beyond how pertinent or useful the information might have been (and the presentation was already an hour long), Cerny specifically talked about how the console was designed to cool the system based on power draw to mitigate overheating and loud fans. It's a paradigm shift in how console are manufactured. So while we may not know concrete details, unless we think Cerny was lying and Sony is just scrambling to figure things out, we at least know cooling was a priority.

Lastly, the consoles weren't shown off until June last generation and that was with the normal E3 slate. So if anything Sony not yet revealing their console is normal, even if all of us want to see what they have.

I don't mean to be overly harsh but there has been an onslaught of FUD and fanboy drivel the past couple weeks and I'm losing my patience when it comes to obviously BS stuff like this.

Good Post, exactly how I feel.

I'm sure Cerny said we will be impressed or he is impressed with what the Sony engineers have come up with for the cooling solution.

I'm also very confident Sony have learned from PS4/Pro noise criticism.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

Jason said both consoles are very powerful with similar performance. And he specifically said MS has been behind with communication but that it won't matter as launch times draws closer.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
When exactly did Schreier claim this?
The quote is from a Forbes article which quoted him from a spec thread.

>"Not sure if the "trying to surprise Sony" part is quite right — common sense would suggest that, like with the Xbox One, Microsoft is just running behind schedule and will launch pretty hot — but I've talked to a few third-party developers who said they were frustrated by the lack of info on Scarlett, especially compared to Prospero."<

in response to TomWarren tweeting that MS wanted to surprise Sony circa December 2019.

you can read about here I guess https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...t-generates-conflicting-reports-and-theories/

Again it's not about people being right or wrong it's about the deifying of certain media personalities that is questionable. Just chill everyone both systems will likely be fine

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
it's Safe to say that MS is not lagging behind at all. They already showed even everything about the Series X hardware inside and out.

Marketing the console to the public is different than having dev tools ready when developers expect them. They can be behind schedule in one and not the other.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
And yeah I think MS surprised Sony and caught them off guard.
Its already been corroborated by Matt in DF thread that MS has been more open to public while Sony has been more open to developers. There's nothing wrong with Schreir's tweet.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Marketing the console to the public is different than having dev tools ready when developers expect them. They can be behind schedule in one and not the other.
This is true. It can also be true that the devs speaking to Jason were the ones that didn't have them and that the devs that did weren't asked/were keeping their heads down.

Status
Not open for further replies.