• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WRC

Oct 28, 2017
Just stop this speculation based on nothing, this is nonsense, mods plz.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I don't trust windowscentral to know about illustration. Also they used you've comments as source LOL

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
All because some guy who has little credibility himself posted a ridiculous comment on Twitter and this site, Tweaktown, ofc decided to report on it. Despite Jason Schrier and a dev here refuting both as nonsense

Nov 8, 2017
I don't trust windowscentral to know about illustration. Also they used you've comments as source LOL

Windows central is moderately well connected with certain parts of microsoft, but I find their analysis overall a bit lacking, and often myself know more about the tech stuff than they do when they talk about it.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know about this, Cerny sounded pretty confident when he briefly mentioned the PS5's cooling solution, even if true, so what? They can change the design to accommodate if need be.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
didn't they unveil the PS4 console design also very late? i mean there wasn't even a real consumer focused presentation yet.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Jason shat all over the tweet and called the guy who made the rumor that he made his account private. Why is this news again?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
So who to believe? Mark Cerny the lead PS5 engineer. Someone that was in charge of creating the Vita and PS5 previously. Backed by Jason Schreier that for many is the most credible gaming journalist when it comes to inside information.

Or a random youtube comment backed by fanboys.

This is a hard one.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Why would developers be aware what the console even looks like when Cerny himself didn't even see the PS4 design until June like the rest of everyone. That should tell you everything about how unsubstantiated it is without even getting into details about failure rates, too much heat etc.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the ace source, this youtube comment:

EUnDIdtWsAEz_Us

Seems pretty airtight /s

Love the fanboy language, surely a reliable source

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me too much if either party has been continually struggling with heat given what's in the boxes. But I'm gonna need a better source on this particular rumour.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
you're late by a mile in posting this and you're also late by a lot in not knowing that this isn't a credible source. If I'm not mistaken the tweet about this was turned into private after Jason Schreier asked for some sources or something.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Cerny said we will all be pleased with what the hardware team came up with. That's enough for me.

Also this.

The exact quote:

Because there are no more unknowns, there's no need to guess what power consumption the worst case game mighthave," Cerny said in his talk. "As for the details of the cooling solution, we're saving them for our teardown, I think you'll be quite happy with what the engineering team came up with.

Does that sound like something you would say if you're cooling solution hasn't been figured out yet?

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
This is likely an incorrect rumour, but what you're saying is not any kind of real refutation. Every process produces less heat... yet they can still overheat if you clock too high. The dubious nature of this rumour is not because of that.
I guess my only point is if they can figure out cooling for the ps4 pro, they can figure it out for the ps5 with the 7nm which produces less heat.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
So they are telling me that a bunch of world-class engineers that have been designing a console specifically to avoid this problem since they had a massive backlash regarding the ps4's exact problem couldnt solve that problem in more than 4 years of designing the console?

yeah, no im not believing it

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
My point was this:

This rumor, which no one would have given any light of day - was elevated when Jez and Daniel from WC said they heard similar things. ( without clarifying which specifically )

It's later clarified by Jez that he only heard there were cooling concerns, and not the entire FUD that was written by Jeff.

And Jason later saying the whole thing was bullshit more or less meant this rumor was garbage.

Alyna

Banned
Apr 3, 2020
According to Cerny, this can't be true.

Cerny confirmed that the cooling solution is already finished:

"As for the details of the cooling solution, we're saving them for our teardown, I think you'll be quite happy with what the engineering team came up with."
Quote is from the DF PS5 uncovered talk.

And there will be a teardown coming directly from Sony.

Hopefully soon, to put all rumors at rest. Can't wait!

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people online get attention by telling people what they want to hear, and people on this message board are more than willing to indulge them.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Why the hell would they have recently said that the PS5 is still on track to release these holidays if this was true? They would have used the pandemic as an excuse to delay it in record time.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
So they are telling me that a bunch of world-class engineers that have been designing a console specifically to avoid this problem since they had a massive backlash regarding the ps4's exact problem couldnt solve that problem in more than 4 years of designing the console?

yeah, no im not believing it

"They", in this case, being a random dude on youtube and two people who write for windows central.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I dont know about this, Cerny sounded pretty confident when he briefly mentioned the PS5's cooling solution, even if true, so what? They can change the design to accommodate if need be.
Changing the design at this point can have ripple effects, though. They'd have to retest everything from scratch (plus eat whatever costs they had for their original design). Not saying it isn't possible, but it comes with a lot drawbacks.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Fanboy nonsense. And the usual suspects from "Windows Central" went with it, because they're on a 2013 revenge tour. Cute though.
/lock

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

Backtracking much.

This is what you typically see from people who concern troll.

Yea. Dude completely backpedaled on what he said smh

Hopefully this will teach people a lesson about trusting these 2 when it comes to PS5 news. Granted I can only imagine these so calles rumors getting more and more outrageous as we get closer to launch

Status
Not open for further replies.