• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
So you're telling me I might get to play Xenoblade remastered and BOTW 2 in the same year?
Also have a feeling the sequel is going to contain more traditional elements like proper dungeons that a lot of people missed.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm that the game will be released in 2020. Or it won't. Or it will. Or it won't.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I hate how Sabi is trying to pass it off as her information when we knew since January of this year that the game was internally scheduled for a 2020 release. King Zell told us that and this right here is non-news.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's literally the first thing we heard about this game, and from a much more reputable source to boot.

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
I have a big prediction to make! My uncle who works at Nintendo told me a new Mario game is in the works. Will release for sure in the next decade.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope it fixes a ton of the issues that prevented BotW from being a truly exceptional game, I enjoyed it but it would have been so much better.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think the game is further than expected, all the stuff they've showed in the announcement trailer at E³ feels like cut together scenes from in-game cutscenes. That's imo.

Plus Zell said that 2020 might be a big year for Zelda.

Let's just hope they don't feel the need for a delay. ^^

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coming out Holiday 2020 to compete with the new systems always seemed like the most obvious move.

But lol at "it may be delayed".

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Classic Sabi "it will happen but just in case it doesn't I'm going to save my skin and say it may not happen" literally every rumor they speak of

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
So, nothing different from what Zell said almost a year ago. I guess we should be happy it hasn't be delayed yet

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Just give me a BOTW themed Switch lite and I will give you all the money, Nintendo. Do it.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
It's the timeframe I expect to be honest, it makes sense both for development time and because Nintendo wants to have something big for their next holidays.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Yah of course... Nintendo will want a big game to counter the attention of the next gen console launches next holiday

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
We been knew! I want a juicy rumor I can watch 10000 speculative youtube videos on in a vain attempt to satisfy my thirst for this game drop by drop

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No we shouldn't and I love BoTW. I want to see a classic Zelda built from the ground up in HD.
After the sales of BOTW there is no way they will ever waste the resources on doing this. BOTW massively increased the audience for Zelda. BOTW is the new standard for the franchise going forward.

The "classic" games will come from the Grezzo remakes. Maybe Grezzo will do another original Zelda too. But the core EPD team...I don't think they are going to go backwards from BOTW any time soon.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Given there will be a new Xbox and new PlayStation at the end of 2020, I fully expect this to launch for Holiday 2020 to keep people buying Nintendo Switches.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Sabi leaked literally all of E3? Is he not legit, or am I thinking of someone else.
They got it through hacking the website apparently.

Plus the knew nothing about Nintendo's E3 and tired to claim she was sent a C&D. She also said she won't ever talk about Nintendo's again but it became obvious she was lying cause she couldn't find out what Nintendo was showing at E3

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be okay if it doesn't make 2020, but that would be awesome if it does.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense that Nintendo would want a banger out around the same time all the new consoles are releasing. Gotta keep eyes on them.

StarErik

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, but BotW was supposed to come out in 2015. I hope they will take their time to make this a great game. Do dungeons and items and everything will be just dandy.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
duh. it's their big holiday 2020 title. there's no need for a fake leaker to say it and then take credit when it inevitably happens.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
mhRGW8N.gif

Yes, please, and thank you....

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sabi's not a reliable source at this point and this target date has been brought up by others before. The game will probably hit holiday 2020 but you don't need a spotty leaker to tell you that

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sabi got lucky and had someone working on e3 who gave them all the info. since then they haven't had any decent or major leaks, but they're still clinging to the idea that they're some actual insider.
a 2020 date has been hinted at by way more reliable insiders.