• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
VR? Damn, that's cool. Could be the killer app VR needs (how many times has this been said?...I know)

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited about this, dont get me wrong, but...I hope this isnt only set in OT era. It sure sounds like it is, but there are a lot of people out there (me included) that would love to see some PT love. ST too.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
PSVR Support and I'd be in day one but I can understand it not having it. Might be too much work and sacrifice in quality to get it running on PSVR.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Star Wars VR Starfighter game...?

Go on.

I am not interested in VR, much, but I've said before. X-Wing VR would be really, really hard to say no to.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Hope there is a third person view option.

Hope it takes place during the original trilogy.

Sounds awesome.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crossplay is such a hard fuck yeah, I can't wait for this.

I really hope they just say screw it and add crossplay to Battlefront 2 but I'm guessing they'll want to avoid doing so in order to get crossplay buyers to get the new hotness instead.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
EA is actually learning, wow. Love to see it. If this looks enticing I will definitely pick it up on Steam.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if with the PSVR forward compatibility it would be possible that this is playable in VR on PS5.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been a first person driving/pilot kinda guy. Let me see my X-Wing before it crashes in flames.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
VR?!
tenor.gif

WE FUCKIN' EATING!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that EA games suffer too much from low population, let alone Star Wars titles, but crossplay is a welcome surprise that I am happy EA has been finally embracing lately. It's about time.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
If I can play with with my Oculus Rift and my Saitek X52, I will be in love.
All I need is to be able to get on a Tie Fighter or X-Wing and fight a bunch of other ships. It's not that much!

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
They showed transferring power to engines in the CGI trailer, so I hope that's indicative of some sim heritage coming through.

A modern X-Wing vs TIE-Fighter would be amaaaaazing.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.ea.com

STAR WARS™: Squadrons - PC System Requirements - EA Official Site

While players with the minimum specifications will be able to play STAR WARS™: Squadrons just fine, those looking to get the best possible experience will want to ensure they meet our recommended specs for smooth 60fps gameplay.

Recommended (VR)
  • Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 3200G
  • Processor (Intel): Intel I7-7700
  • Memory: 16GB
  • Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 570 or Equivalent
  • Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 1070 or Equivalent
  • DirectX: 11
  • Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
  • Hard Drive Space: 30GB

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I don't know if this is just meant to be 5v5, but that's not quite my image of Star Wars fights. Still, visually looked impressive if that was anywhere close to what in-game could be (and I don't see why not, after seeing how the Battlefront games have looked before).

I would love to see something with, say, 20v20 or so ships on asteroid clusters or around space wreckage and things like that.
Edit - Glad to see I'm above the Recommended VR specs though. This could be a lot of fun. Still hoping for some fun looking gameplay on Thursday.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Plan every skirmish with your squadron in the briefing room before taking off to the evolving battlefields across the galaxy. Pilots will triumph as a team in known and never-before-seen locations, including the gas giant of Yavin Prime and the shattered moon of Galitan.
Take full control of different starfighter classes from both the New Republic and Imperial fleets, such as the X-wing and TIE fighter. Modify your ship, divert the power between its systems, and destroy your opponents in strategic space dogfights.
Compete in intense 5v5 dogfights, unite with your squadron to tip the scales in monumental fleet battles, and take off in a thrilling Star Wars™ single-player story. Immerse yourself in the pilot's seat completely with the option to play the entirety of Star Wars™: Squadrons in virtual reality (VR) on PlayStation®4 and PC with cross-play support.
PSVR support confirmed. Fleet battles. Preplanning stage before matches. Diverting power between systems in your ship. $39.99.

Dude... they just fucking made the dream Star Wars game.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Loved X-Wing and Tie-Fighter back in the day. That one PSVR novelty where you flew an x-wing for 20 minutes was amazing. This is music to my ears.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hm, pushing me to PC for VR as it's hard for me to go back to PSVR tracking at this point. Still, good news all around.