• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
There's not much in that article - other than apparently EA & LucasArts have finally hit a comfortable stride together and two sources say they might be looking at something KotOR related.

If EA & LucasArts are going to continue their relationship, it makes sense. They have a shooter franchise together. They have an Action-RPG series setup. Why not recreate the magic of a beloved turn-based RPG, as well...? And they can just keep adding bankable genres - the way George himself did for decades.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
343399971.jpg

Now i want this

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I may be in the minority, but I have no hope in such a project without BioWare. Which EA studio has the bones to do a good, story focused RPG?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
not knowing any of Bluepoint's upcoming projects means that they could be making ANYTHING

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
Would much rather prefer the later in the OP with a sequel of sorts instead of a straight up remake. Why does everything need to be remade? Focus on original story ideas, borrowing gameplay cues and nods from what made the predecessors successful if needed.

OP
OP
Aokiji

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Why does the OP pretend that The Old Republic doesn't exist?
lol i didn't even remember austin had a team doing TOR. whoops. either way, don't think that increases their likelihood of involvement

Would much rather prefer the later in the OP with a sequel of sorts instead of a straight up remake. Why does everything need to be remade? Focus on original story ideas, borrowing gameplay cues and nods from what made the predecessors successful if needed.
according to the report it's not a remake. it's a reimagining. the original two games arent canon anymore for them to remake it anyway

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Years ago I would've been really worried about bioware not being involved. Now I'm happy they aren't, how times have changed.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
If the next set of movies is supposed to go back in time, a concurrently set game that capitalizes on the vocal calls for a new KOTOR is not outside of the realm of possibility.

With that said, when a rumor source name drops its own prior rumor to legitimize the current one... yeah, grain of salt and all that jazz.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love it, but I don't buy this for a second. Rumor is way too vague and easy to make up

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No offense...but I don't think current Bioware can pull off a sequel to KOTOR that would satisfy fans. And if this a tie-in to the rumored plot synopsis of the new Star Wars prequels, then I think it there's a chance it could be a let down. I'd die for a proper remaster, but this doesn't sound like it.
They already made a sequel with SWTOR and that game had plenty of great stories. I know that game isn't really "current" since it came out 8 years ago, but people were calling Bioware dead in 2012 as well so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'm interested. But I'll admit that I reserve skepticism that the current Lucasfilm lore group won't directly impede on things that made the original games and TOR so special.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well if BioWare doesn't make it, that doesn't mean Drew Karpyshyn wouldn't be involved, sinced he left BioWare again in 2018 and does freelance gaming work.
And that's honestly the one thing that would ease my worries about this "reimagining". Well, that or Chris Avelone. Having both of them on it would be the dream though.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
If somewhere, somehow, CD Projekt Red could work on it, that would be amazing.

Sad to see all these comments saying Bioware to stay away. What a desultory ending to a once proud studio.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
PleasedontfuckupRevanandKreiaPleasedontfuckupRevanandKreiaPleasedontfuckupRevanandKreiaPleasedontfuckupRevanandKreiaPleasedontfuckupRevanandKreiaPleasedontfuckupRevanandKreiaPleaseeeeee

I hate how little faith I have in studios I used to adore

Oct 25, 2017
Huh.

I don't know how I feel about this. I think the first game is perfect and the second game is perfect when the cut content is re-added.

Just remake those in 4K at 1080p, please.

I can only imagine how the poor devs who work on a "re-imagining" will get pilloried for fucking up the re-telling of the story because a) Disney has their hands all in the remake and b) they're not peak Bioware or Obsidian in terms of story-telling.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
They already made a sequel with SWTOR and that game had plenty of great stories. I know that game isn't really "current" since it came out 8 years ago, but people were calling Bioware dead in 2012 as well so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

God I'm still mad at how SWTOR cost is a real KOTOR 3. We all lost because of that shit.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe we have gotten to the point where we don't want Bioware to touch KOTOR XD

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know why people continue to shit on SWTOR as it was and is still IMO a fantastic experience and one of the best Star Wars games released in the last 10 years.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I loved KotOR and as much as I want a new entry I am terrified of a shitty action rpglike EA version for the modern era.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see it happening, but I'd love a remake

I've tried so many times to give KOTOR a shot, but the combat is just awful